Started by Rudolph Zyaber, Jun 20, 2008, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragorn

Quote from: Loki on Jun 23, 2008, 04:27 AM
Quote from: Aragorn on Jun 22, 2008, 07:39 PM
Quote from: Helrouis on Jun 21, 2008, 07:01 AM
Quote from: GM録mark登sanbeda数 on Jun 21, 2008, 06:44 AM
Quote from: Jakketh on Jun 21, 2008, 04:57 AM
If I would be new to server and they would rollback 1 month, I would personally quit playing there. It's gonna be hard decision for game masters. No matter what they decide its gonna hurt community.

Cleaning all duped items/zeny, without rollback, and banning involved account would be the best, but might be impossible.

well its better than a wipe at to some extent...

Whether it's wipe or rollback, they must setup an event right after the day, for about 1 week. I think it would somehow compensate.
Your the one who created this problem.... say sorry to everyone... (>.>)

Haha. Lol. Was this post referred to Helrouis's thread on duping?

DUH! (>.>)

hey what are all these stupid f*** scribbles on your test?
OH BAKA SENSEI THAT'S NIHONGO

RULE 1:
Every post that disagrees to the previous to Aragorn is a flame or insult.

Loki

Quote from: Aragorn on Jun 23, 2008, 05:06 AM
DUH! (>.>)

Wow, what an intelligent answer. BTW, that dupe wasn't even close to being the source of all these. Only out-dated and unprofessional server owners will allow dual-clienting with the same account.

@Topic

Possibly a roll or wipe item and zeny? But if most of the community agreed on a full wipe, IMO it is wise to do a full wipe. You'll still have players if they agreed on it.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Aragorn

hey what are all these stupid f*** scribbles on your test?
OH BAKA SENSEI THAT'S NIHONGO

RULE 1:
Every post that disagrees to the previous to Aragorn is a flame or insult.

Pandora

Well "Duh" isn't exactly an intelligible answer and you use it far too often which makes you look prepubescent.

And it's especially ironic in this particular situation that you would scold Helrouis on his dupe sharing considering you begged the guy to explain to you how to do it yourself.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Loki

Quote from: Pandora on Jun 23, 2008, 08:43 AM
Well "Duh" isn't exactly an intelligible answer and you use it far too often which makes you look prepubescent.

And it's especially ironic in this particular situation that you would scold Helrouis on his dupe sharing considering you begged the guy to explain to you how to do it yourself.

Couldn't have said it any better. And I wonder if he/she is a girl. *looks carefully at forum profile*

WIPE!
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Rudolph Zyaber

Well just to update everyone on this.

Essence has decided to do a Full Item and Zeny wipe, but leave all the characters as they are.

During the wipe, they will also be updating the SVN and will be making some changes to ensure that some of the server problems (yes, sadly, even the best Mid rate server out there has some problems) will not happen again. 

The only thing is, we are losing some players over this because the administration has decided to increase instant cast dexterity requirement and lower Maximum Aspd from 195 to 193.   Some players don't like the sudden change in gameplay and thus are leaving the server.

I can only hope that Essence bounces back from this and doesn't lose out.  I know several servers that have hit the usual "Year Bump" and die out after a year of being up, but if they can go on past that, they usually get better.

anyway, thank you all for your comments on the situation.
Bleh

Keropi

Makes me wonder if Gravity ever wiped anything before.

~~T~~

Quote from: Keropi on Jun 23, 2008, 12:53 PM
Makes me wonder if Gravity ever wiped anything before.
There was one problem that a hacker/GM went into the server data and duplicated a high ammount of MvP's card/items, so gravity needed to delete 80% of the MvPs items that we're acquired on that day, because of 28 Baphomet cards, the server went to 320 or something like that. If I recall, it was on iRO.

well i hope they can manage to stop these problems of theres >.<

but i guess from the look of their forums this won't do TOO much harm to them... but then again who knows @_@

either way i wish em good luck getting back on their feet ^^

Ansuz Isaz

I honestly don't see major problems with this. xD

Let's consinder pure base points you could normally put into DEX to get insta-cast, and ignore everything else for a moment. Then, let's compare it to the changed system EssenceRO has.

Default iRO set-up:
150 - 99 = 51 more DEX needed for instant cast.
New EssenceRO set-up:
190 - 150 = 40 more DEX needed for instant cast.

In the end, it's still easier, so I don't see a major problem with the DEX modification. This is coming from an offensive-based spell casting Professor player who kind of wants that speed for more bolt flinging. =P Sure, it's harder than it had been, but it's still easier than the original difference one could try to get to.

As far the ASPD, I support the reduction on that as well. xD Personally, anything beyond 190 makes the attack speed ridiculous.

I kind of feel like these are problems that are being fixed, and almost temps me to give eRO another shot. xD

Visions

The mail dupe was fixed after rv12200, if the owners bothered to check the changelog this could have been avoided. There goes the "best mid-rate server". /laf

Keropi

Quote from: Visions on Jun 23, 2008, 10:11 PM
The mail dupe was fixed after rv12200, if the owners bothered to check the changelog this could have been avoided. There goes the "best mid-rate server". /laf

Stop being an donkey and sending stupid s*** over PMs. You're a loser, and always will be... stfu, alright?

Visions

Quote from: Keropi on Jun 23, 2008, 10:20 PM

Stop being an donkey and sending stupid s*** over PMs. You're a loser, and always will be... stfu, alright?

LOL! This is coming from the moron who provoked me through a PM first. He claims to be a medical student yet his grammar and flames reflect the intelligence of a 10 year old.

Keropi

Quote from: Visions on Jun 23, 2008, 10:23 PM
Quote from: Keropi on Jun 23, 2008, 10:20 PM

LOL! This is coming from the moron who provoked me through a PM first. He claims to be a medical student yet his grammar and flames reflect the intelligence of a 10 year old.

I am a medical student, and I've shown you proof. How did I provoke you? I would never start a fight, I only finish fights with people who pick them with me. If you've got a problem with me, sure. However, did you know I'm heading somewhere good in life? Where are you at? You're making a server called AeriaRO which sucks donkey balls.

My current project? Better than yours.
My intelligence? Better than you.
My experience? More than you.

When you've made yourself a better person, then try arguing with me.

hmmm i have an idea...
you two stop flaming -_-