Essence RO Down Due to Duping

Started by Rudolph Zyaber, Jun 20, 2008, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolph Zyaber

Essence Ro has currently been taken down due to an exploit made public recently to the general population.

http://essencero.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9366

QuoteAs many of you may have noticed, the server has temporarily been taken down. This is due to the latest outbreak in duped 100 mil zeny notes and MVP cards that were given out pretty much everywhere as of late.

Players for awhile now have found an exploit based around the Mailbox system that allows for duplication of stackable items.  Essence has a unique banking system that allows players to turn their zeny into different bank notes, at values such as 1, 10 , 50 and 100 million zeny.   

This is the current number of 100 million zeny notes on Essence.

Quote100 Million zeny notes [142563
from the same thread as above.

It also contains a list of the number of MVP cards on the server currently. there are over 20 Arch Bishop Hibrahms =/

Anyway, I wanted to bring this to the attention of RMS, as currently the GM's are looking for a Non-wipe solution and it's under great discussion by all the players.  Some are thinking rollback and removal of said items, as well as banning the players, while others want a full server wipe. 

The Economy thread in the general Ro Discussion of RMS boards is also about Essence, started by a player from the Essence forums, and so at least now we can see where that problem came from, heh.

Bleh

Scars

NO!!! Does this mean a delay to my website progress I've ordered from Tira?  :'(

lol Jks.

I suggest roll back if that is possible, most fair solution. If not your'e in for a rough ride =S

Rehael

Quote from: Scars on Jun 20, 2008, 04:01 PM
NO!!! Does this mean a delay to my website progress I've ordered from Tira?  :'(

lol Jks.

I suggest roll back if that is possible, most fair solution. If not your'e in for a rough ride =S

Oh,my. Roll back is the only solution, as their try at getting the corrupt items & zeny out could lead to some data base deficiencies.
The Greatest Server is in preparation phase : http://valiantro.com
Setting the standard so high the other servers will look like noob stuff. ;)

Ansuz Isaz

I'm pretty sure Tira was effective enough to have back ups for this kind of thing, so, if need be, it shouldn't have to go too far back. Then again, these issues might go back as far as month, so it might prove to be problematic for some people. =\

From the sounds of it, they mention that it's unlikely they'll have a full wipe. They might have an item wipe and zeny wipe. While that's pretty rough too, I actually think something like that would do the server some good. All the donators who could prove that they had had donation items prior to the item wipe would re-obtain their items to keep from too many complaints, but, other than that, all the zeny and items would be removed. The economy might really benefit from the action. Considering how large this server is, I have a feeling that they'll bounce back from it, and it'd do plenty of good.

mark_sanbeda

Quote from: Ansuz Isaz on Jun 20, 2008, 06:12 PM
They might have an item wipe and zeny wipe.

I dunno maybe this is the best way  ??? but then if you roll back your going to roll it back when the first duping occurred a month maybe

Never thought that Helrouis was right... even the biggest servers are vulnerable too duping

Scars

2nd option would be manually looking at SQL/zeny ranking, people items, checking, list the suspects, and check one by one, make own judgement. Tough work of course, but if the roll back is one month back that's just too long back, however still better then a wipe.

Jakketh

If I would be new to server and they would rollback 1 month, I would personally quit playing there. It's gonna be hard decision for game masters. No matter what they decide its gonna hurt community.

Cleaning all duped items/zeny, without rollback, and banning involved account would be the best, but might be impossible.

mark_sanbeda

Quote from: Jakketh on Jun 21, 2008, 04:57 AM
If I would be new to server and they would rollback 1 month, I would personally quit playing there. It's gonna be hard decision for game masters. No matter what they decide its gonna hurt community.

Cleaning all duped items/zeny, without rollback, and banning involved account would be the best, but might be impossible.

well its better than a wipe at to some extent...

Helrouis

Quote from: GM録mark登sanbeda数 on Jun 21, 2008, 06:44 AM

Whether it's wipe or rollback, they must setup an event right after the day, for about 1 week. I think it would somehow compensate.

Ansuz Isaz

How would that help? o_O; I've actually always hated those start-up events servers have, or "compensation" events. Things do happen, and flooding the event with massive EXP boosts and high item drops destroys the few good effects of the server wipes/half-wipes, such as a better chance for newer players to catch up, and more economy balancing. Not everyone likes it, but look at places like DeliveranceRO. They had a giant incident where they had to remove every drop of zeny and item obtained - essentially, it was a three month role back for items and zeny. There were no item or zeny compensation. People kept playing, however, as people still had items from playing from way back before those few months, so there was enough to keep an economy going.

Considering the server size, and it's popularity, it wouldn't suffer if it just did it and apologized. xD Maybe compensate by working on a major quest system, or a new dungeon, but a compensation events aren't really that great of an idea. At least, they aren't from my point of view.

RMSPMS

Quote from: Rudolph Zyaber on Jun 20, 2008, 03:46 PM

The Economy thread in the general Ro Discussion of RMS boards is also about Essence, started by a player from the Essence forums, and so at least now we can see where that problem came from, heh.

Not sure exactly what you mean by where the problem came from I was not the one who caused it but actually was trying to find a way to save the economy without a huge amount of problems for the server itself.
Save The Planet and the Oxygen. Shoot dumb People Who Waste It

Ansuz Isaz

He's saying we now know that the reason everything was getting outrageously expensive was also partially due to the dupers controlling the economy. n_n; He wasn't blaming you.

Aragorn

Quote from: Helrouis on Jun 21, 2008, 07:01 AM

Whether it's wipe or rollback, they must setup an event right after the day, for about 1 week. I think it would somehow compensate.
Your the one who created this problem.... say sorry to everyone... (>.>)

hey what are all these stupid f*** scribbles on your test?
OH BAKA SENSEI THAT'S NIHONGO

RULE 1:
Every post that disagrees to the previous to Aragorn is a flame or insult.

superja

It's a 75x server. I don't think a full wipe is much more of a difference than just doing an item wipe.

I don't think many legit players will actually leave over this, but I assume dupers, who won't work for items, will obviously take off once they have to re-hunt/dupe/scam their gear back.

But seriously a wipe on mid-rates isn't that bad at all. Everything would be cleaned up and it only takes a few days to get a 99/70 trans char on those rates anyways. It's not like you've put years of leveling into a character.

Loki

Quote from: Aragorn on Jun 22, 2008, 07:39 PM
Quote from: Helrouis on Jun 21, 2008, 07:01 AM

Your the one who created this problem.... say sorry to everyone... (>.>)

Haha. Lol. Was this post referred to Helrouis's thread on duping?
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.