Do you care about a Website's name?

Started by Kaid, Dec 29, 2007, 08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaid

topic!

crap

Eh? Well, if it was named something like I-like-porings i guess i might like the server more than one named uber-pwng-we-is-leet <_<
Boo. Scared yet? o_o

pfja1st

I do care about the website names. I think they must be relevant to what would that website have with it's special thingies! Though, sometimes they are websites that don't do much about name relevance with what that site do. Anyways, its good to have a good and relevant name with what you do and with what you have... what are names for? And with that said, if they do-they must be pretty damn worth to visit!

crap

Youve got a point there. I did like RMS more than all those ____top1million sites. And this was even before i hit the reviewing sections or the forums. I guess names do mean a lot :)
Boo. Scared yet? o_o

Zone

l337h4xRO.info, that sounds very balanced, I think that I might have a fun, fair WoE there.

Certain servers have good names, I prefer servers that only have 1 word and then RO. i.e. AnthemRO, SerenityRO, etc.
Long server names such as Crimson Moon RO [cmRO] that is just a bit too long for me.
However, names and gameplay may be completely different.

MrrgleCaek

Well...considering I joined a server named BakaRO...I don't think they ever mattered for me o_o

Zone

Hmm, I think I am going to look for a super high rate to release some boredom.

lol i dooooooooo
i like em to have cute names~

Zone

What about a server with a skill name such as AcidRO?
I haven't seen one under that name, but I was thinking about making a server under that name.

Ansuz Isaz

Eh. So so, for me. =P The names can catch my attention, certainly, in good ways and bad. For the sake of not offending people, I won't make any examples. xD However, some names can seem obnoxious, so I kind of skip those, and there are some names that just grab my attention, to the point where I at least have to go to their website.

AcidRO? That'd make me think of a server that's primarily Creator-based. xD I'd still be willing to give it a go, of course, as long as no one actually pours acid on me. D= Gah. Acid. No fun.

Zone

Lol, no, I just couldn't think of a good name.

NikitaDarkstar

Well major turn off names for me are the whole good/evil thing some have going in, stuff like (I don't know if theese servers exist but I wouldn't be suprised if they do) DarkRO, evilRO, TwilightRO, RedemptionRO, LightRO, HeavenRO and so on and so forth.Basiclly they feel overdone to me.

A good name should be eye-cathing, reflect what the server is about and not sound like any other server out there.

A few exampels of server names thats stuck with me would be Green-TeaRO, Fortuna RO (ok I'm partial to mythological references, I admit) and euphRO, all are names that feel quite unique and don't give the whole "Oh I'm dark and evil and most likley an elitist super-high rate PK server!"-feeling to it.

Ofcourse once you got a name the server would need to match it. It would be abit odd to have a FluffBunnyRO with a super cute website that turns out to be a high rate PK server. /meh

Zone

/gg Fluffeh Bunnah RO
750k/750k/100% PK Everywhere! Kill GMs!!

Aris

Don't really care about server names tbh.

Tho...

Folklore RO. :> (meh stole it from the PS3 game)

Edit: Wow I just noticed this is a old topic lol.

Zone