Development of a new server - Survey

Started by xClock, Jan 13, 2022, 08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrfizi

Quote from: Neffletics on Jan 14, 2022, 01:41 PM
No offense, but if you still don't have a clear idea of what kind of server you want to build, you shouldn't do it at all.

Your server's settings should be based on what you're passionate about, or you'll run out of ideas in the long run.

Agreed with you..  /ok
Ragna Tales: https://ragnatales.com - x10 x10 x5 [Renewal]

chitanda

Submitted my survey.

Keypoints:
make rmt allowable, its such a population killer after someone getting banned, then the whole squad leaves. Dual client allowable because i have no friends. make donations only involve cosmetics and no p2w. before launching a server, set a target by how many pre-register accounts before commencing the server. ideally 500+ pre registered accounts. the initial player count matters most on the number of players. put a good effort on advertising to get as many pre reg accounts in a short time. have the frostdelay feature for 0 ping feel. reduce mvp spawn rate to avoid/reduce drama/griefing. make woe ready first week on launching. keep bg alive and healthy. custom spawn rate for limited mobs like noxious/etc. no direct warp to deeper dungeon level.

lungo

Quote from: loki266 on Jan 18, 2022, 07:04 PM
I think a server with Zero mechanics is an underused concept that is poorly explored at the moment. I only know of two Zero servers right now and I wouldn't lie to say that I would love to see more Zero servers popping up.

Zero is the worst itteration of Ragnarok, even worse than renewal. On Zero is all about making a Knight and BB stuff to get zenny then you have forced group content that it is requiered for you to do in order to progress... yeah sounds fun right? your progress in the game is tied to another group of people instead of just yourself, all gear is useless except the one you craft via forced group content and since all gear has random stats everything is worthless, the economy is completely ruined from the start and refining has never been more tied to p2w than ever because now you will have to first get the random "enchants" on your gear that you want and once you have that then you obviously don't want to break that gear when refining so in official servers is all about p2w and in pservers there is no p2w but the grind is just s***.

Suspension

I have a really nice idea that has never really done before for your server and people will love it and hate it at the same time, you can't please everyone.
But it's worth a shot, easily doable and ton of fun if done right.
PM me if interested.
Quote from: exii on Jun 27, 2015, 06:07 AM
If you think casting quag is a good idea you or your guild heavily failed to create a viable guild rost.

Neffletics

Quote from: xClock on Jan 15, 2022, 12:38 AM
Hi Neffletics,

We appreciate you for giving us feedback.

Sadly in our opinion, our passion or preferences does not always equate to what the majority of people are looking for.

We want to cater to as many players as possible and consider as much data as possible.

It might seem ambitious for us, but we want to deliver a product that has a potential for scaling hence we aim for a larger audience.

Point taken

I've known server owners who knew what the community wanted, started with a large population and implemented what the majority of people wanted, only to have the server fail miserably in a month or two. That has always been the case, like 5 out of 5.

They were all very optimistic, passionate, and enthusiastic during the planning and the first few weeks of the server, just like you.

A successful server is determined by how well you communicate with your community and how consistent you are in terms of activity and motivation. Many servers may appear to be good on paper but perform horribly in production.

Not to say your situation will be the same, but if you don't have a game plan and a solid roadmap to follow, you'll end up like them.

Best of luck!
solacero rip

Suspension

Quote from: Neffletics on Jan 23, 2022, 04:32 PM

I agree with you. Staff/admins that only care about numbers, data, catter everyone, etc often implement features or QoL changes that makes it easier for the players to consume all the content quickly and get bored fast.

Players don't know what they want. Players want it easy, there's no attachment to the server or what they've personally attained, there's no rewards after effort. It just another game based on instant gratification and it doesn't last, even more for MMORPGs.
Quote from: exii on Jun 27, 2015, 06:07 AM
If you think casting quag is a good idea you or your guild heavily failed to create a viable guild rost.

loki266

Quote from: lungo on Jan 22, 2022, 10:01 PM
Zero is the worst itteration of Ragnarok, even worse than renewal. On Zero is all about making a Knight and BB stuff to get zenny then you have forced group content that it is requiered for you to do in order to progress... yeah sounds fun right? your progress in the game is tied to another group of people instead of just yourself, all gear is useless except the one you craft via forced group content and since all gear has random stats everything is worthless, the economy is completely ruined from the start and refining has never been more tied to p2w than ever because now you will have to first get the random "enchants" on your gear that you want and once you have that then you obviously don't want to break that gear when refining so in official servers is all about p2w and in pservers there is no p2w but the grind is just s***.

You just don't like Renewal and a Zero server in particular, period. Complaining about Knight BB and then multi-clienting with Priests and Soul Linkers on pre-renewal servers is the height of hypocrisy. The other points you criticized are not a problem of Zero mechanics per see, but problems with a particular Zero server. That's why I suggested more Zero servers popping up, with different configs so that it can try to mitigate some of Zero low points.

Lai

I was the first who made a Zero server.

Since 2018, to now 2022, I will tell all that Zero mechanism is the worst progression and just a cheap ripoff of Renewal with lesser content...

No matter if you make 100% kRO Zero, or customized "zero", if you follow their content progression, it creates no gaming feel and no economy.

Zero is a failed project, not just private, but also Official kRO:Zero has no players, it's fact.

loki266

I don't know about you guys, but for me Ragnarok Zero basically is "Ragnarok with Renewal mechanics, but without 3rd/4th job power creep". I do like the feeling of pre-renewal era where you had to bring a well organized party to bring down some field/dungeon MvPs, or to level on certain maps, but I don't like anymore pre-re mechanics (stats, gear progression etc), so I think Zero can merge the best of two worlds, that's why I see enormous potential.
And gear progression could easily be tweaked, like making an item or NPC that can re-roll enchants options and/or their values so that you don't need to keep farming a certain equip until you get what you want, or making a super rare item that can only be acquired through events or very low chance drop for you to choose a desirable line of enchant, you know, making Zero less RNG.

lungo

Quote from: loki266 on Jan 24, 2022, 07:03 PM
You just don't like Renewal and a Zero server in particular, period. Complaining about Knight BB and then multi-clienting with Priests and Soul Linkers on pre-renewal servers is the height of hypocrisy. The other points you criticized are not a problem of Zero mechanics per see, but problems with a particular Zero server. That's why I suggested more Zero servers popping up, with different configs so that it can try to mitigate some of Zero low points.

I don't play on a server that allows multi accounts, easy as that, you can no fix garbage zero.

lungo

Quote from: loki266 on Jan 25, 2022, 09:52 AM
I don't know about you guys, but for me Ragnarok Zero basically is "Ragnarok with Renewal mechanics, but without 3rd/4th job power creep". I do like the feeling of pre-renewal era where you had to bring a well organized party to bring down some field/dungeon MvPs, or to level on certain maps, but I don't like anymore pre-re mechanics (stats, gear progression etc), so I think Zero can merge the best of two worlds, that's why I see enormous potential.
And gear progression could easily be tweaked, like making an item or NPC that can re-roll enchants options and/or their values so that you don't need to keep farming a certain equip until you get what you want, or making a super rare item that can only be acquired through events or very low chance drop for you to choose a desirable line of enchant, you know, making Zero less RNG.

Or we can just go play Diablo,Path of Exile, Grim dawn, Chronicon etc. if we wanted that type of random loot ARPG, Ragnarok was never that and never had forced group content, Zero is absolute garbage.

loki266

I like RO aesthetics and classes, so it doesn't matter if there are other games out there that focus on that type of gameplay. I want to play a RO game -or in this case, a server- with those features. If you don't like it, then that's your business, but it's really lame of you to try to dismiss my preferences because you disagree. At the end of the day, it's OP's choice to decide what he'll try to make, I just made a suggestion, it's not like I'm holding anyone at gunpoint and telling them to do as I like.

PokemonAscension

Ragnarok has been around for 20 years and it is necessary for server owners to be creative and innovative in order to differentiate yourself from other servers. Development should take you at least a couple of months in order to have something worthwhile to showcase
99/70 | 1000+ Pokemon | Gym Leaders | Daily Instances | Random Options (All Items)

BaphometRag

Hello I disagree. Reinventing the wheel is usually a bad idea IMO

pajoder

"old style" renewal without stupid damage, spaming 30 million damage with a support class is stupid....
renewal was great at the begining and there's no more servers like that