DDOS Attacks

Started by PhilO, Aug 24, 2014, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aguile

Quote from: PhilO on Aug 25, 2014, 03:59 AM
And the people behind the DDOS Attacks ,are never caught?

It's hard to tell... in theory, you can track the source of the attack, but when this source is just a trigger, hiding behind a number of infected zombie machines, it makes all the work much, much more complicated.

Blinzer

no good can come from trying to bring other people down

you're only going against yourself

pusanginamoy

Quote from: aguile on Aug 25, 2014, 05:12 AM
It's hard to tell... in theory, you can track the source of the attack, but when this source is just a trigger, hiding behind a number of infected zombie machines, it makes all the work much, much more complicated.

One of the GM of official server in PH DDoS'd BalikRO few months back..he even posted a screenshot and mocked out of it.

Triper

Some are some not. The big guys doing the big ones are on the level of good hackers so they hide behind tons of IPs, fale addresses and other stuff so isn't really easy to find people who know how to cover their traces.

PhilO

I found this topic..
http://forum.ragezone.com/f248/discussion-ddos-attacks-illegal-punishable-907473/

is there any topic on this forum,where Server Admins can share information, on how to deal with this sort of thing?(am i asking something dumb?)

Fantastik

Currently my server is under attack and the Attacker Pm'ed me that he will stop if I send a money to his account.

gmchrono

^ this attacker reminds me of someone. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. xD

Who knows? maybe he's not even the same attacker. maybe he's taking advantage of the attack and trying to make money.

Fantastik

Definitely indeed he's making money of this.

dontknowright

It's the same guy attacking everyone. He's renting botnets to ddos servers.

Fantastik

Yeah, he said that his ddos is 120gbps/sec. Kinda awesome. :)

dontknowright

Quote from: Fantastik on Aug 28, 2014, 02:49 AM
Yeah, he said that his ddos is 120gbps/sec. Kinda awesome. :)

Not really. It's pretty cheap to rent. Each time he does it, he loses money.

PhilO

Why did you remove the screenshots?

Fantastik could you put that screenshot back?
never mind..if you dont want,dont put it.its confirmed anyway.

what Fantastik said is true,i have confirmed it.this thing going by the name "Angela Lizet Martinez" on Facebook ,really is the thing behind the DDOS Attacks.

dontknowright

I also think the screenshot should stay up, but is Fantastiks choice.

Never pay the attacker.
Never negotiate with the attacker.
Never respond to the attacker.

Inochi

I used to be a staff member on Lumina RO before it closed down and this was a DDoS attempt some user kindly sent us before attacking.... Thought I would share. I don't remember what we did as it was over 2 years old but we have been DDoS'd and threatened many times. It just happens when you own a server I guess. But yeah, 'dontknowright' is spot on with ignoring him/her

Stay strong!!!

<3

PhilO

I had no idea that these DDOS Attacks ,were this bad.so...filthy.

the FBI cant help with this sort of thing?.is it because these are private servers?