Creating a new server

Started by Talaysen, Dec 28, 2014, 12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talaysen

Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting up a new server.
I'm the former host/gm of NymphRO, and plan on hosting my new server under this same name.

During our original run, we were Renewal, 1x rates, focused on the traditional RO experience.
I'd like to ask the community here for recommendations for the setup for my new server.
I was leaning towards 10/10/5 rates, pre-renewal.

Hosting the server is a hobby for me, something that I enjoy doing, and I plan on running this server primarily through player feedback on my forum, making adjustments as they are requested or voted on by the server's community.
I'd like to know what your recommendations are for the initial setup, for rates and for custom features or commands, and most importantly, pre-re or re.

Feel free to provide thoughts on things like autoloot and other custom commands. I'll base my final decision off of the feedback received, and after we launch, players will be able to request adjustments/changes through our forum.

The most important thing to me is maintaining an enjoyable and friendly environment for my players.
I don't plan offering any custom donor gear or anything of the such. Any paid benefits will also be obtainable through daily quests or forum participation.
The idea is to have something community driven, reminiscent of the nostalgia of traditional RO, while staying free from greed, corruption, and the other ills that plague much of the private server scene.

Yozakura

Hi Talaysen, I was a player in your old server, NymphRO. You probably remember me by the names Odin/Vanadis.

"On that day, the bees received a grim reminder. They lived in fear of the hornets and were disgraced to live in these cages they called hives."

» 新劇の雀蜂 «