Corrupt Server Owners

Started by Zelos, Feb 12, 2009, 09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denia

Quote from: Auroraâ,,¢ on Feb 21, 2009, 11:16 AM
How many times are we going to debate about the suing issue on these forums?

Gravity has already attempted to sue eAthena, and failed, and it's a court law that you cannot sue a person, company, whatever, for the same reason after losing the first trial. If Gravity really wanted to sue eAthena or some private server, they would have to find some other reason besides copyright, seeing as they've already lost that battle. On top of that, like a couple of people have already said, Gravity can actually use Private Servers for their own benefit, and why would you want to destroy something you can, essentially, make more money off of?

Anyways.

I'm pretty sure this topic isn't about whether or not Gravity can sue this private server or that private server, and why they won't/can't.

I've never seen Gravity try to sue eAthena. The one post that everyone keeps referring to, is a company suing Gravity in regards to their stocks. It mentioned nothing about eAthena. I never did understand how that = Gravity lost and all eAthena servers are legal.

http://www.gamerzplanet.net/forums/ragnarok-online/12237-gravity-sues-eathena.html

PS:

http://www.eathena.ws/board/index.php?s=241aa592d266e1c6008beecd2cef0275&showtopic=212020

Just saw that post o_O

lol its true that eA servers are legal, but depending on what actions you take they may make your server less legal

Dauphine

Anyway, back on topic, YAY for corrupt admins and the GM Team needing to clean up after them! We recently got rid of an admin who managed to f*** things up here and there(his first day was buffing emperium and changing warps in WoE castles, during WoE) quite badly. Back to building :(

neodarkcloud

Lmao i've seen lots of corrupted admins, and admins who just make a server to scam pepole LOL

Zelos

Quote from: neodarkcloud on Mar 30, 2009, 03:04 PM
Lmao i've seen lots of corrupted admins, and admins who just make a server to scam pepole LOL
Tisk tisk to them.

InsurGensuji

Ive seen quiet the few corrupt admins, thus why i started my own server. It's small but its corruption free. I've seen one server admin buy personal items such as a new computer and furniture with the donation money, while tehy stated all donations went to the server adn that the donations were runnign low. Mind you he was getting atleast $1k per month.

Hutchy

Corrupt is a buzzword with RO. If *anything* happens that a player doesn't like, suddenly the staff is corrupt. Okay.

Bottom line is, no matter who you are or what you do, you are corrupt. Everyone is corrupt. Forget to log on one day? Corrupt. Show a newbie where to buy pots? Corrupt. Use your donation funds to buy yourself a burger? Corrupt.

Infinite bawwwing.

Soma

Err, I totally have found a server that doesn't have a corrupt admin.
Not in the least :D
100% serious.
No lie.
Honest.
Would you like to know how I know?

The administrator of OUR server is far too shy to interact at all whatsoever with any of its players <.<;
Sure, he/she/it takes requests, fixes errors, and adds new content in short order.
And we know that he/she/it isn't running around, making billions of dollars a day, having a party, 'cause no one really plays, mostly due to paranoia revolving around...

Servers hosted on free website hosts
Hamachi
Low-Rates with custom stuff

But yup. It's possible to have a server with completely no corruption.
Just have to get rid of the administration/moderation team.
All mopped up.

I.E Can't have the effect without the cause.

Hutchy

Does no one play because it's new, or is there another reason behind that? :x

Zelos

Quote from: Soma on Apr 22, 2009, 09:47 PM
Err, I totally have found a server that doesn't have a corrupt admin.
Not in the least :D
100% serious.
No lie.
Honest.
Would you like to know how I know?

The administrator of OUR server is far too shy to interact at all whatsoever with any of its players <.<;
Sure, he/she/it takes requests, fixes errors, and adds new content in short order.
And we know that he/she/it isn't running around, making billions of dollars a day, having a party, 'cause no one really plays, mostly due to paranoia revolving around...

Servers hosted on free website hosts
Hamachi
Low-Rates with custom stuff

But yup. It's possible to have a server with completely no corruption.
Just have to get rid of the administration/moderation team.
All mopped up.

I.E Can't have the effect without the cause.
This is the exact opposite of what we are discussing.  :-\

Soma

Off Topic : Quite honestly, I don't know O.o
I really think it's just people being turned off by it being err... Different, I guess.
... Or something.
Most of the people who usually get turned off by it end up never speaking to me again.
Although you could check it out if you want. T'is called Memento.

On Topic : You know, now that I think about it, maybe corrupt administrators are the reason why people come to servers. In a way, usually they're the first ones to go on preaching about how great and balanced their servers are, and more or less make themselves look like umber 1337 Sasquatch for the pure reason of raking in money *cough* players.

@Cyber Eyes: Sorry, I guess I misread. I thought we were talking about Corrupt Server Owners and something related to them. Thought talking about a server that didn't have one fell under that category, or a way to get rid of said corrupt server owners. Sorry o.<

*floats elsewhere*

Hutchy

Quote from: Soma on Apr 22, 2009, 09:57 PM

On Topic : You know, now that I think about it, maybe corrupt administrators are the reason why people come to servers. In a way, usually they're the first ones to go on preaching about how great and balanced their servers are, and more or less make themselves look like umber 1337 Sasquatch for the pure reason of raking in money *cough* players.

I think people might secretly enjoy the drama of it all, personally.

LiteX

Quote from: Hutchy on Apr 22, 2009, 09:58 PM

Internet Nerdrages and Dramas > Soap Operas on television
That is my point of view, but I really doubt people are doing this just to make drama
ライテ‐エクス

Hutchy

Quote from: LiteX on Apr 23, 2009, 03:16 AM

That is my point of view, but I really doubt people are doing this just to make drama

I don't think people exhibit "corrupt" behavior for drama, I think that drama may be what attracts people to a server. Some people just need something to complain about, and others like to watch the fireworks.

Greed

Quote from: Hutchy on Apr 23, 2009, 01:29 PM
Quote from: LiteX on Apr 23, 2009, 03:16 AM

I don't think people exhibit "corrupt" behavior for drama, I think that drama may be what attracts people to a server. Some people just need something to complain about, and others like to watch the fireworks.

Back when I played another server, I was corrupt for the drama. It was fun to watch people rage over something so small. You become the most popular person the server, and people like me laugh at it. I wouldn't be corrupt just to gain an advantage in a game.

But I think you're right too. I know I only stayed on aeRO for 3 years because of the drama. It kept me entertained when I was done with PvP.

QuoteKorii says:
Except for the small fact that you are crazy
Keena says:
;__;
SILENCE, MORTAL.