Classic and pre-renewal close-to-official servers not so official after all

Started by Playtester, Dec 04, 2020, 05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neffletics

Quote from: distilled1 on Dec 14, 2020, 10:37 PM
What is this "hardbound guidebook" you speak of? A physical guidebook you own in real life? It sounds interesting.

Yeah, I referred to the following guidebooks.

Before ratemyserver and irowiki were born, we had these.
solacero rip

neethree

Quote from: Neffletics on Dec 15, 2020, 01:04 AM
Yeah, I referred to the following guidebooks.

Before ratemyserver and irowiki were born, we had these.

That is awesome!!
Are there scans anywhere for this?
Current Server(s):
None ;-;

distilled1

That is absolutely legendary, Neffletics!
What a magical relic to behold
DOWN WITH MULTI-CLIENTING!

Neffletics

Quote from: Tenuguu on Dec 15, 2020, 05:26 AM
That is awesome!!
Are there scans anywhere for this?

I will take photos of each page when I have time. I'll share the pdfs here. ~

Quote from: distilled1 on Dec 15, 2020, 11:12 AM
That is absolutely legendary, Neffletics!
What a magical relic to behold

It is. I kind of regret I didn't take good care of it. I should've covered it with plastic. /heh
solacero rip

Playtester

Would be interested in the scans as well.

But the mob_db you uploaded in that zip is basically just the rAthena pre-re mob_db. For example look at Wolf, Spore and Anubis stats.

Neffletics

Quote from: Playtester on Dec 15, 2020, 12:56 PM
Would be interested in the scans as well.

But the mob_db you uploaded in that zip is basically just the rAthena pre-re mob_db. For example look at Wolf, Spore, and Anubis stats.

We might have overlooked it. Anubis was left untouched since they're not available on our server back then.

I'm pretty sure the mob drops are at least accurate to the official server except for their drop rate. ~
solacero rip

Playtester

Quote from: Neffletics on Dec 16, 2020, 01:21 PM
We might have overlooked it. Anubis was left untouched since they're not available on our server back then.

I'm pretty sure the mob drops are at least accurate to the official server except for their drop rate. ~
If you're interested you can take a look at the file I liked in the opening post and compare it with your mob_db. :-)

Kolby

Quote from: Playtester on Dec 16, 2020, 04:22 PM
If you're interested you can take a look at the file I liked in the opening post and compare it with your mob_db. :-)
I told you man there was no anubis before my memory was right haha that was why we grinded ancient mummy or seals
Searching for friends is hard
Searching for companionship is harder
Be grateful to those who accompany you
On this Road, like the Wayfarer(A Person Travelling) finding it's way back home!

Playing since: 2004

Playtester

Quote from: Kolby on Dec 17, 2020, 10:29 AM
I told you man there was no anubis before my memory was right haha that was why we grinded ancient mummy or seals
Yeah, Anubis was only there on episode 1+2 I think, then got removed. Then added again in 11.3 but with completely different stats.

But there are tons of differences so I thought if he wanted to have official episode 5 he might be interested to check what's all wrong in his file.

Imperial Regalia

Edit: Not relevant. Sentence char limit.

Wosi2

Only after month of begging from Players and MVPs are still not changed...
You should have had authentic Monster stats from the start or not at all...
New Players will be at a big disadvantage now in my opinion.

Imperial Regalia

None of that is correct information.

(For full disclosure for everyone, and he will deny this, Wosi disagrees with our stance on god items as well as multi-clienting and is affiliated with a competing server project)

Wosi2

I am a bit surprised. So you did change the MVP stats as well? I would have looked it up, but your website does not give this information. Feel free to share new information here.

The rest of my post was my opinion. Nothing about an opinion can be correct or incorrect, you can just share it, or your dont.

And why on earth would I deny, that I dont share some of your opinions? Yes, I think God Items are a valid way to give an incentiv to players to play competitive WoE? Concerning Multi-Clienting, I prefer a restriction to 2 clients. But I played on your server anyway, because I am also okay with one client and no God Items. And lastly, I am helping an competing server project gather information and do some research for them, because I think this could be the server for me, when it is finished. So if this means, I am affiliated, then yes. I cant see anything wrong with that or why it would invalidate my opinions...

If I was wrong about your MVPs stats, then I apologize. I did not want to share wrong information, but as far as I knew, you do not have authentic MVP stats.

Lastly, I think that new players are at a disadvantage, because you changed monster stats so late. Older players, like me, had the chance to easily lvl their chars at wolfes to second class. It will be much harder for others...
But again, thats just my opinion and you are of course entiteld to your own.

Playtester

Quote from: Wosi2 on Dec 21, 2020, 02:38 PMLastly, I think that new players are at a disadvantage, because you changed monster stats so late. Older players, like me, had the chance to easily lvl their chars at wolfes to second class. It will be much harder for others...
That's by the way the reason why I don't just register at all those servers that have the stats wrong and post about the monster stats on there. I think fixing them while the server is already running for a while would be too late and I don't want to hurt the servers.

Imperial Regalia

The stat changes aren't just a low level thing. They actually apply to monsters across the entire leveling spectrum. In our case, it was an intentional decision.