Previous topic - Next topic

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Not even stylist?

Not even official stylist?

P4rD0nM3

Quote from: Anti-Static Foam Cleaner on Jul 25, 2008, 01:10 AM
Not even stylist?

Not even official stylist?

Oh I thought it's turned on automatically with a default install. If it's not then I'll go ahead and read about it and try to enable/fix it. The only thing that I'll probably change is the skills/items or whatever that is broken.

Skotlex

The ONE custom which I not only approve of, but almost expect out of servers, are dyes.

Granted, the available package with 500+ hair dyes and 600+ cloth dyes has a LOT of "ugly pointless" dyes in it, but it also has a large collection of good dyes. If someone could go through the pain of cropping up that list to only leave the pleasant-acceptable dyes, it'd be great.

Even if not, there are good dyes awaiting for those who dare browse through the whole list.

@Anti-static:
Nope, it would be a bit of a hassle to form a list of available loot to pick from and then sort it by preference (where preference is still yet to be decided how it works. While it is easy to know the worth of an item as a human, it's more complex to define priorities in the code), and you'd be doing this calculation every time you tried to pick loot, when the chances of the loot vanishing before you pick it up are quite low.

But, it does start always with the item you click on. So if you see a high value item among junk, just click on that and it will be picked first before picking the others around you.

EDIT: I should mention, there does not exist an "official stylist" in RO. The client is broken when it comes to supporting dyes, and Gravity has not bothered to fix it since they intentionally broke it (they did this back when advanced/rebirth classes were introduced, back when they didn't have their own sprite, but simply a different dye color).

If you change your dye color in Aegis, it will revert back to normal after you move!

(RMS reviews)

Lin

Skotlex,
I hate and love dyes too, expechially those people wearing those fugly butt all black and white colors, UGH! Maybe you can remove those ones, but some person that recently been excavated from a cave might be upset.

Edit: I forgot to mention, soon there will be more Naruto games then Mario games.

P4rD0nM3

Hey guys, just bumping my thread as I am looking for inputs on what I just did on my server.

I have disabled WOE for the mean time until there's actually enough guilds to compete with each other.

Was that a wise decision? I am also thinking of just opening up Prontera castles when WOE starts in my server*

* As per condition first condition.

Oh and to add, a player wants me to change his name and hairstyle. Should I do it? I mean, 'to me' it's fine as it's just a couple of clicks away, but what about the players? Seeing as the population is still small, I think that doing this kind of service to my places is just fine.

I would like to know what the other 'player(s)' would think if I do it.

superja

I don't see a problem with changing name and hairstyle. It's not going to unbalance the game imo.

If he'd asked for a stat reset or card unslot or something, then I'd see it as a problem.

P4rD0nM3

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

There is a quest in the game which changes the hairstyle. There's no quest to change the name. I'll leave it at that.

P4rD0nM3

Aah thanks! I guess it wouldn't hurt to change a users' name once in awhile. I haven't done any of it yet in PGNRO. And the user didn't get back at me so I'll just leave him be.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Well you should probably check if the quest works first heh.

YetAnotherServerHopper

I am looking for that kind of server. But the "0 players online" turned me off.
I'd like to make a few suggestions if I may.

Being customless is a good thing, but you have to be realistic. RO has been out for a while, do people really want to start over again on default rates, invest years to reach the cap and get basic gear?

I think aiming for a "as close to kRO as possible" rather than being entirely customless would be better.

3/3/3 rates
Some basic @commands
@autoloot
@showexp
@mi (or I could just alt tab to RMS/Doddler's DB, but doing it ingame is just more convenient)
@main, to help finding party.
@autotrade (so we don't have to keep the computer ON while vending).
They are merely for convenience, I don't think they ruin the game in any way. Pserv players are used to them, you'd attract way more by having them.

Some basic NPCs:
- Town Warper (not dungeon) to make up for the low community, not many priests around, the world is huge, it's a pain to travel.
- Cloth Dyer (if possible remove the ones with no shade, full Purple/Orange/Black/White... they are ugly as sin, yet many people use them x_x)
- Expensive/Quest based or Event only Resetter. People will eventually mess up their stats, a Resetter always comes in handy, as long as it can't be abused (even iRO had several Reset events).
- Tool Dealer.
This would create an area where players hang out. It's much less depressing seeing a few players around, rather than not seeing them at all, being scattered in empty towns.

A separate website is needed for your RO server, with a simple but good looking layout. Your PGN portal is confusing.
Also maybe you should try to build a playerbase BEFORE launching the server, like a week or two of "hyping" so the server isn't empty at start.

I'd so join that kind of server and from what I've seen, I wouldn't be the only one.

Thanks for reading.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Quote from: YetAnotherServerHopper on Aug 18, 2008, 08:14 PM

Oh, you must've missed me!

EpyllionRO-Apollo

Yea clothing color changer is important. Thats one thing that absolutely pissed me off about iRO.

Also, the adding the command to change party leader is good too.

www.EpyllionRO.com

P4rD0nM3

I'd like to make a few suggestions if I may.

Being customless is a good thing, but you have to be realistic. RO has been out for a while, do people really want to start over again on default rates, invest years to reach the cap and get basic gear?

I think aiming for a "as close to kRO as possible" rather than being entirely customless would be better.

3/3/3 rates
Some basic @commands
@autoloot
@showexp
@mi (or I could just alt tab to RMS/Doddler's DB, but doing it ingame is just more convenient)
@main, to help finding party.
@autotrade (so we don't have to keep the computer ON while vending).
They are merely for convenience, I don't think they ruin the game in any way. Pserv players are used to them, you'd attract way more by having them.

Some basic NPCs:
- Town Warper (not dungeon) to make up for the low community, not many priests around, the world is huge, it's a pain to travel.
- Cloth Dyer (if possible remove the ones with no shade, full Purple/Orange/Black/White... they are ugly as sin, yet many people use them x_x)
- Expensive/Quest based or Event only Resetter. People will eventually mess up their stats, a Resetter always comes in handy, as long as it can't be abused (even iRO had several Reset events).
- Tool Dealer.
This would create an area where players hang out. It's much less depressing seeing a few players around, rather than not seeing them at all, being scattered in empty towns.

A separate website is needed for your RO server, with a simple but good looking layout. Your PGN portal is confusing.
Also maybe you should try to build a playerbase BEFORE launching the server, like a week or two of "hyping" so the server isn't empty at start.

I'd so join that kind of server and from what I've seen, I wouldn't be the only one.

Thanks for reading.

I'll think about those suggestions. Thank you.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

But... kRO is what we call customless.

On an unrelated note, after extensive research I have decided that 1,5x rates are the best.

- Psychological factor: "At least it's not 1x" is what many people would like to think when grinding or hunting for items. Somehow, playing on 1x always feels like scrapping the bottom.
- Actually closer to official servers: There are events going on pretty much non-stop on all official servers. Some of them are simply increased XP or item drop rates for a few days, while others are small/medium quests to do for XP(Like the infamous Hugel Fifth Anniversary Event which was abused to hell and back because you can exchange Hugel Medals for XP), items or even temporary buffs(Like current Story of the Stone Cutters Event). All this of course makes the leveling easier. And, of course, private servers get none of it - even if they actually have events, they're unimaginative stuff like hide and seek or whatnot once per month. Plus the official servers have manpower, economy, etc. Therefore a normal 1x pserver would be actually harder to play than the official.
- Still balanced drops. I made a post about it some time ago in another thread and I'm too lazy to look for it, but the higher the rates the more unbalanced economy becomes, this increases rapidly(With 3x getting quite crazy already). 1,5x is about as far as you can go with drops - it makes the common stuff(67%+) drop all the time while you still need to hunt for the rest. Of course 1x would be best here, but I believe same rates all across the board is an important part of balancing.

If you don't care about flat rates, 2/2/1 would also work well.