Base Level Over 250; What's The Point?

Started by Usagimimi, Nov 09, 2009, 03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omni

Do some research and get it goin' lol.

Couldn't you ask for help regarding eAthena on your current server?

[color=navy]Rates 20/20/20 | MaxLvl 200/120 | MaxStat 200 | 12 Characters per Account | ANTI-BOT | ANTI-WPE | ANTI-KS | Heavily Customized (Storylines, Quests, Items, Maps, Features) | WoE:SE | Homunculus | Mercenaries | Newest Features | Dedicated Server | Randomized WoE System | Endless Tower | Quest Log | Ragnarokrevolution.com

Usagimimi

Quote from: Omni on Nov 09, 2009, 05:47 PM
Do some research and get it goin' lol.

Couldn't you ask for help regarding eAthena on your current server?

I know how to set one up :P I did it many times (offline though); the thing that makes me iffy is bugs. I don't know how to handle bugs very well lol!

Omni

Lol. Yeah, that would be an issue when running a server xD.

[color=navy]Rates 20/20/20 | MaxLvl 200/120 | MaxStat 200 | 12 Characters per Account | ANTI-BOT | ANTI-WPE | ANTI-KS | Heavily Customized (Storylines, Quests, Items, Maps, Features) | WoE:SE | Homunculus | Mercenaries | Newest Features | Dedicated Server | Randomized WoE System | Endless Tower | Quest Log | Ragnarokrevolution.com

Speedwagon

Quote from: Omni on Nov 09, 2009, 03:27 PM
Those servers are for people who are too lazy to play the game the way it was made to be played.
Quote from: Omni on Nov 09, 2009, 05:40 PM
Anyways, the thing that interests me is the ability to spend the majority of your time item/card hunting, instead of grinding through levels.
Quote from: Omni on Nov 09, 2009, 03:33 PM
I was on a 500 server once and EVERYONE had 3x Kiels+Thana and spammed Sonic Blow >__>

I don't see the fun, honestly.

Hmm....

QuoteRates 20/20/20 | MaxLvl 200/120 | MaxStat 200

I think your posts and your signature are not consistent.

Quote from: Omni on Nov 09, 2009, 03:42 PM
I play on a 200/120, very balanced.
Of course!  Having over 3000 more status points to distribute is clearly more balanced than the original 99/70 99 max stat method!  And those extra fifty skill points, why, the way to have balance is to have NO UNIQUE SKILL BUILDS AT ALL!  JUST GIVE EVERYONE EVERYTHING!  Your server is pure brilliance I tells ya.

Nish

I like servers above lvl 255 due to the fact it's easier to level and less time consuming. The days of me playing low rate servers and spending most the day trying to reach lvl 99 are way over and I find high rate servers better for me.

Not everyone likes the grind of low rates and people with jobs, etc don't have the time to play all the time.

I agree that lvl 99 low rate is more fulfilling and partying is fun but it's not for everyone.

I find the PVP on lvl 255+ servers better.. but that's just me. :p

Usagimimi

PvP on 255+ must be just all over the place xD I think about it and it scares me D: Already 150 is messed up

Nish

It is kinda over the top I agree especially with 4 slot equip etc.. You can have uber resistance which can make the PVP experience rather boring.

The main thing I hate about high rate PVP is the Pro wannabes who think there gods because of there resistance etc.. But I enjoy slapping them down :P

Way back I played a server which was 5k max lvl where you could use bows on sins etc.. Some of you might know this server but it was pretty insane and wasn't like Ragnarok
at all. Also it was possible to get 150% reflect.. Which was pretty funny.

Anyway I have played a few max lvl 999 servers and I know it's not for everyone.. Doesn't take to much skill really, just get a good card build and some donor equips and have lowish Def
and your good to go.. bit of switching helps too and /bm ofcourse :P

I think I would get eaten alive in lvl 99 pvp now haha.

Loki

You don't see much 99/70 servers built for PvP only(click and go, no leveling or grinding and stuff). Those kind of server I normally find in the Malaysia/Singapore private server but no where else. I might not have searched hard enough though.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

illusionro

so give more HP's and SP to the players. so when they encounter a Boss  like satan morroc they will stand a chance.

Omni

Quote from: Speedwagon on Nov 09, 2009, 10:14 PM
Quote from: Omni on Nov 09, 2009, 03:27 PM
Those servers are for people who are too lazy to play the game the way it was made to be played.
Quote from: Omni on Nov 09, 2009, 05:40 PM
Anyways, the thing that interests me is the ability to spend the majority of your time item/card hunting, instead of grinding through levels.
Quote from: Omni on Nov 09, 2009, 03:33 PM
I was on a 500 server once and EVERYONE had 3x Kiels+Thana and spammed Sonic Blow >__>

I don't see the fun, honestly.

Hmm....

QuoteRates 20/20/20 | MaxLvl 200/120 | MaxStat 200

I think your posts and your signature are not consistent.

Quote from: Omni on Nov 09, 2009, 03:42 PM
I play on a 200/120, very balanced.
Of course!  Having over 3000 more status points to distribute is clearly more balanced than the original 99/70 99 max stat method!  And those extra fifty skill points, why, the way to have balance is to have NO UNIQUE SKILL BUILDS AT ALL!  JUST GIVE EVERYONE EVERYTHING!  Your server is pure brilliance I tells ya.

Hm, what exactly is not "consistant" with my posts? Saying that I prefer a level cap of 200ish... and PLAYING on a 200 max server? Seems pretty consistant to me.

I feel... targeted? Honestly, whats the point, lol. Oh and thanks! My server is pure brilliance! <3

Anyways, back on... subject ;D

The only idea that is appealing to me regarding MRs with max 99/70, is that you have the option to spend most of your time card/equipment hunting. I would like to try one out some time.

illusionro

i think 250++ Level's is better than 99/70 why? if you go hunt Mvp's on a 99/70 server you probably need like 20 pplayers to kill satan morroc? with 255++ level's given the right items it would only be like 5 players.

Usagimimi

Well, based on what it drops for a 99/70 server, 10 skilled players is normal (20 if you're nubbish or mixed).

Lumi

Quote from: illusionro on Nov 10, 2009, 04:28 PM
i think 250++ Level's is better than 99/70 why? if you go hunt Mvp's on a 99/70 server you probably need like 20 pplayers to kill satan morroc? with 255++ level's given the right items it would only be like 5 players.

But... Ragnarok Online is a MMORPG. The MVPs (especially the ones added in more recent updates) are supposed to require the cooperation of many players to kill. I don't understand why someone would want to play an MMORPG as if it were a console game with cheat codes enabled; that defeats the purpose of playing a social game in the first place.

And staying on topic, I'm honestly not sure what appeals to people about servers with levels higher than 99/70. I realize that there are people who feel that they don't have the time to level on low rate servers and instead choose to play high rates because they want to get a max level trans character ASAP, but in that case it seems that the 99/70 level cap would be ideal for those players because they would max their characters very quickly, while still enjoying the class balance and diversity of builds available in low rate servers

Lucia Blanche

You know what the point is? Here you go:

for the hell of it. Yeah, they're not very balanced or whatever, but most people play them to save time and for fun.
Also, it eliminates grind. And grinding is boring as hell. Unless you find grinding absolutely FUN AND EXCITING. People enjoy the game for different reasons, anyway.

Additionally, who's to say what's the proper way to play RO? I'm pretty sure that Gravity wanted a bunch of snot-nosed brats people taking their game and creating free Private servers.

Okay, I'll stop here before I start getting internet-ragey.

DaFunk01

love how you guys act like 99/70 is the ABOVE ALL server rate. its just not that way anymore and different people like different things. i play 99/70, 255/120(or whatever its set as), and 500/150(or 200 lul) rates and thats because i LIKE them. 255 is great pvp and 500 is also good pvp even though its mostly champs with uber spam lol. its still fun, they might not be able to "come kill you on 99/70" but you probably cant kill them on their rates either.