Base Level Over 250; What's The Point?

Started by Usagimimi, Nov 09, 2009, 03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

datme

Anything over 99(pre-renewal) just screws up the balance. The entire status ailment mechanic system will be messed up, instant-cast mechanics will get messed up, even the hp modifier will get messed up compared to the damage gain.

If you say 255 is balanced because ''you can solo MvPs'', it's your own preference, it's not balanced. What you're confusing with balance is fun, well fun for you atleast.

kylrion

If you say 255 is balanced because ''you can solo MvPs'', it's your own preference, it's not balanced. What you're confusing with balance is fun, well fun for you atleast.
[/quote]
zzzz it not fun for me only lol
well let me ask u then...
u prefer a 1 hit ko with the mvp
or u can pare with the mvp
ofcourse it is pare!
well it not like we cannot die when solo mvp lol
some may also kill us in 1 hit ko too
but it is better than die before fight right?
on the matter of balance...
tat is not really a problem in speed or casting
in fact many people prefer a high speed playing rather than slow
because in pvp,who kill fast he own the pvp lol
My writting is a bit cuckoo/cracked,soo please dont get mad at me with my writing if it is very bad
cause this aint EXAM with 350 word or watever
it is chit-chat soo chill out ^^

datme

Quote from: datme on Jan 05, 2011, 08:23 AM
Quote from: kylrion on Jan 06, 2011, 07:20 AM
zzzz it not fun for me only lol
well let me ask u then...
u prefer a 1 hit ko with the mvp
or u can pare with the mvp
ofcourse it is pare!
well it not like we cannot die when solo mvp lol
some may also kill us in 1 hit ko too
but it is better than die before fight right?
on the matter of balance...
tat is not really a problem in speed or casting
in fact many people prefer a high speed playing rather than slow
because in pvp,who kill fast he own the pvp lol
If I understand you correctly(which is hard):
Neither of those is ''balance'', it's just you not being good at the game enough. If it's no fun for you sucking @ the game, then by all means play your silly 255 servers but do not claim they're ''the most balanced''.
Higher-tier MvPs weren't made to be solo'd. RO has always been a teamgame, if not why would they have guild+party's+dungeons requiring a party(Endless Tower)

RO isn't about ''I can click faster than you!!!'' or ''I'll just do 1 hit skill and the MvP's death!'', it's about tactics and strategy. Gear and stats are all part of this aswell.

But then again you probably don't get any of this, so why would I even bother arguing more?

Solstice

i think that people put like 255 levels just to change things up and make things interesting, but IMO i dont think its necessary because as someone above said anything above 99 just screws things up :)
Keep On Ragnarok Online. 13x 13x 10x
Now Open! Come Join Us!

KitKatBar

Anything over 99 is just retarded with this game as poorly balanced as it is giving certain classes more HP or stats in general is a bad idea unless the server has the renewal nerfs to skills like EDP
I haven't even began to factor in [4] Gear's

kylrion

well u CAN say tat because u got fren to help u! /hmm
but for those newbies!
wat can they do? /wah
i can believe it is nothing! /no1
they have to totally Farming real hard all by themselves and can count on nobody /pif
well maybe u say gm will help them but for how long?
maybe there were no gm help at all >__< /bawi
i can say this cause i have ady experienced this situation in alot of 99-lvl server.
NOT to say the 99 lvl server is not gud but it is very hard to play /wah
that is all i can say /sob
My writting is a bit cuckoo/cracked,soo please dont get mad at me with my writing if it is very bad

datme

Quote from: kylrion on Jan 07, 2011, 08:36 AM
well u CAN say tat because u got fren to help u! /hmm
but for those newbies!
wat can they do? /wah
i can believe it is nothing! /no1
they have to totally Farming real hard all by themselves and can count on nobody /pif
well maybe u say gm will help them but for how long?
maybe there were no gm help at all >__< /bawi
i can say this cause i have ady experienced this situation in alot of 99-lvl server.
NOT to say the 99 lvl server is not gud but it is very hard to play /wah
that is all i can say /sob
we all started out as newbies, it's just that you didn't factor in your own intelligence^^

kylrion

datme

zzzzz
nop
you're retarded ;D

btw can someone ban this guy for his avatar

MeowyMeow

lmao that posting + typing goes HARD

Signify

Quote from: datme on Jan 05, 2011, 08:23 AM
Anything over 99(pre-renewal) just screws up the balance.
This summarises my stance on this as well :)

kylrion

wat sup with my avatar?
it aint really H thing =.='''
>.<

Xinth

*skims through topic*

I agree that base levels past 99 pre-Renewal screws up the game's mechanics. Though, for me, 120's a hard cap, just for some "moving room". Past that, I've found that there's insta-cast everywhere, and pure-stat-based classes dominating, mostly. The main example for the latter would be the caster archetype: At a level cap of 150 (less when paired with gear), their casts are instant by default, and they have a ton of MATK behind those casts. Which is against what casters do on 99-capped servers, which is sacrificing some "oomph" for some casting speed (and survivability).

Of course, these imbalances also force players to one build, rather than a build that suits their playstyle, to accomplish anything in-game.

To those that say >99 means there's less grinding, the cap has nothing to do with that. There are a few high-rate, low-cap servers out there. Which I'd prefer, if I'm looking for a more traditionally-styled RO server right now (but I'm not). And then there are also base level>255 capped servers where you're out to grind.

I hate the grind as well, and that's why I stuck through those 999-servers, since (at that time) only those types of servers remove the grind from the equation.

Oh, and kylrion, my head hurts from your posts.

kylrion

err...
sorry for the inconvenience in my writting Xinth...
it just that this is my style of writting ^^''''
i cannot really help it...

Leamee

I say to each his own. I always had a preference for good old RO but then again I started on a low rate server (like 3/3/2) and spent months grinding with a friend, we had +7 stuff and over 50 def at the end of said grinding and we spent like 8 hours doing quests sometimes, not something I'd do again but we did have fun and a lot of great conversations at the same time.
I also did high rates and enjoyed the MVP rooms and having a billion zeny. Why? I was very young at the time and got a kick out of killing most lower-tier MVPs alone with any class. I never liked PVP-ing or WOE-ing so I can't speak for that category of people but honestly I don't get 4-slotted equips, it just makes the game really boring. The high rates I played on were reasonably customized but that was a long time ago, now 500 customs+ is really over the top and ruins the game. I played a completely wacky server once, the mobs were not official and the drops weren't official either and I was basically playing a different game and it got really old really fast, especially since I was level 500 or so.

Right now I'm looking for a server with high exp rates (100K/100K even, don't care) and LOW drop rates, especially for MVPs, and no customs if possible. I don't know why nobody's made a good 99/70 server like that yet.
Rates like (x)xxx/(x)xxx/75-300/10 MAX (equips included) for MVPs would be awesome.
Add @storage, @autoloot, @autotrade and an up-to-date warper with the new dungeons and I am in. You get the grinding, the balance, the partying since most people are max level, and you can spend all your time in the new dungeons where mobs hit you for 10K a pop.

Honestly, anything beyond even 20 drop rates for MVPs completely ruins the economy, as a former whitesmith I'm hurting for my colleagues because how can you vend elemental weapons or +10 level 1/2 weapons which are staples of a normal and healthy RO economy if everybody has god-like equips?
I feel like they should give something to the WS as a compensation ...