Bad experiences on a server?

Started by Tom~, Jan 21, 2010, 09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kisuka

Quote from: KisukaMoneyFace on Mar 01, 2010, 10:07 PM
i played on this server called Ragnarok Revolution, and the admin aka (Kisuka) was an a-hole, what a efing racist he hates asian's thats why asian's dont donate in his server, he was like "i need donations to keep our server alive" (i need donations to date my girl), 110 people online and 60% is on Autotrade... hope u close your server! like u always say! lmao! so bye ragnarevolutionsucks.
lol, what? I don't even have a girlfriend dude. And I hate asians? Yeah, that's why I'm a white guy taking japanese classes and am a total otaku. And no offense but FILIPINOS (thats who ur taking about when u say asians, i already know) dont donate to any server. Ask any server owner and they will agree. Note: I do need donations to keep rro alive, its a donation ran server, its paid for by the players, i fund it in no way myself, this method has kept rro alive for 5 years. As the players won't let it die on their watch, I simply manage it, but in reality it's the player's server, as they pay for it to be online.

fact: 150 ppl online, only 60 are autotrade.

I'll never close my server :) I haven't for 5 years, why would I now?

Metafalica

Just in case stupid people don't know,

A dedicated server costs a small monthly rent equivilant to keep up. You almost definately need donations (maybe not donation items of course.)

Yukino

In fact, it's so hard to get donations at times when players don't have the heart or ability to donate online -cash in person is useless-.

I faced many dramas. What I've noticed is that... so many dramas have to do with Admins dating each other or players fighting over one another in terms of love. Somehow, most players get dragged into such situations. For me, they happened mostly on Super High Rate servers.

I got banned by the same person who wanted to work for my server afterwards. Rejected right off.
Edit: I was banned because of his unjust accusation. He was one who blamed many people for his mistakes which caused the Head Admin to be confused. Here's a ban, there's a ban, a ban for everyone please.

At GorthexTiger: LOL, that sounds complicated yet interesting O_O.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Kisuka

Habuka

Why would you bring your drama here? If you have a problem with a server then simply make a topic about it.
I Is Warned

Yukino

You'll get tons of threads opened up then XD. This thread is just for past experiences and most of which are currently dead servers. These experiences aren't really current; hence, people don't want to open a new thread about it. It's just a place for discussion and reading about what other people had to face in the past.

orix1357

The topic will soon shift to server-related stuff which is NOT in-game, or worse, it will be just another "Pinoys are losers" thread. Not that I have anything to say about it, it's just that it's making the discussion veer out of what should only be discussed.

Rant over, move along.
Has played in: aeRO, heRO, OracleRO, ReboundRO, AriaRO, IntenseRO, VastRO, LuminaRO, AerialRO, NyuubiRO and PumpkinRO.

Habuka

I Is Warned

Yukino

Ah okay. Sorry about that.

Then again, that post was really offending XD to a server that's still online and was kind of implying that it's a post meant to be attacked on.

RO used to be so simple, but now there are some new players and GMs which make things more complicated and annoying. Missed those good, old days.

Habuka

It wasnt just to the owner of the server either.

It was also to KisukaMoneyFace.

Everyone wants to go back to the good old day's hun.
I Is Warned

Metafalica

Why the f*** are you centering your text. It doesn't make you look cool, It's only annoying.
RO had no good ol days. It never evolved. Its always been this bad.

orix1357

Okay, where's the topic gone, btw?
Has played in: aeRO, heRO, OracleRO, ReboundRO, AriaRO, IntenseRO, VastRO, LuminaRO, AerialRO, NyuubiRO and PumpkinRO.

Metafalica

<meta name="keywords" content="PHP, MySQL, bulletin, board, free, open, source, smf, simple, machines, forum" />

Skotlex

xD The cynicism and bitterness is drowning me here, guys. Cheer up a little.

The RO private-server scene did have good times in the past. Even though servers seem to have always bumped into roadblocks or "shameful demise" type of events, while it lasted, the days were good.

I remember the days when there were so few servers that they still followed the naming convention "<one letter>RO," I started in one known simply as LRO back then. Things were so buggy, before 2-2 classes, even SP regen was a pain (or non-existent) xD But still it was so fun to meet with random people and party for a while.

Sure, the only bad experience I recall mentioning was with the server I stayed with the most, one that was known as BakaRO. No drama really, the server collapsed due to greed... just when the server had reached the 100 people mark (and thus the future was looking excitingly brilliant) the owner decided to split the population in two by having an offspawned "donators-only" server. So people were supposed to start on the free server, and then after donating a certain amount, move over to the "better server" (others could donate in their place to help them be promoted, too).

Needless to say, the population was divided, people left, and thus began the end for that server. A shame because all the regulars of the server KNEW this was going to happen and the admin went ahead anyway despite our warnings :<

Sadly, that was my longest experience on any single server (probably a year or a bit more), afterwards every single server I stepped in seemed to be cursed to die a horrible death soon afterwards xD'

(RMS reviews)

Habuka

@Meta

If you dont like it, simply get out.

your stupid critisism isnt needed nor is it wanted.

Kthxbye.
I Is Warned