Bad experiences on a server?

Started by Tom~, Jan 21, 2010, 09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucian

Wow, what a pleasant staff team.

Majinken Souga

I've been on mostly good servers, except one. I will not say the name of the server, but it's a well-known Midrate.

Anyways, this happened back in 2007. I remember sitting in @go 13(Niflheim), when suddenly all the GMs started quitting. Everyone online got... I think it was 3 Kiel cards, 2 Ifrits, 2 spare Angras(I had Angra at the time), and 24 Fallen Bishop Hibrams. A GM spawned so many monsters in Prontera that the server started lagging. Another GM gave out GM codes and players started getting banned left and right. I returned much later, in 2009, and looked at the donates. When I saw the overpowered effects, my jaw hit the floor. Needless to say, I'm not playing that server ever again. ^^' The server was bad enough as it was, but the GM incident was the icing on the cake for me. Never again. I did not have anything happen to me personally, but many of my friends have horror stories to tell.
The only way to save Modern TV: burn it in a pile, then burn the ashes, then compress and burn those ashes, then sprinkle it with holy water, then send the result into a black hole and never see it again.

Final

Quote from: SCO on Feb 04, 2010, 05:41 PM
Quote from: mickiedeez on Jan 24, 2010, 06:49 PM
My bad experience:

I held a GM position for a new SHR a year ago called "BunnehRO". My older brother(a giant d=o=u=che) donated one hundred dollars and weaseled his way into the admin(Elven)'s good graces. There were concerns about WoE. Elven was not addressing the issue, he felt there was no problem. At peak time I had most of the players online come to prontera and I asked them a few questions, like what they'd like to see improved in Woe, what, if anything was wrong. I screenshotted their answers, held an event, told Elven and sent him the screenies. He thanked m, said he'd take a look, and then I went to sleep. My older brother then said some false things to the admin, because in the morning I was fired for 'corruption and making players rebel". I was told by Elven that I had been banned for trying to start a 'rebellion', and for giving away items. I told him to check the logs, that I never gave away anything. He replies with, "I don't need to, I know the truth now." And the same day, my older brother became a head GM(with no trial or anything -.-), and soon was fired/banned/and quit server because he gave himself ahura mazda, among other things on his 'legit'.

Another one:

After I had been fired, and before i quit server, I became famous for spamming yggs. I got soooo much crap for this. I took a lot of damage, and the yggs let me rape people over and over. No one else used yggs, probably due to some misplaced "pride" or "honor" crap, and thus I got s*** for it. GMs got involved(monitor duels to count my uses), mentally disabled players got pissy('u r teh cheetz cuz u buy da yggs n we dunt dat makes u teh dumz"), and I got s*** on everywhere.

So, I quit.

I can confirm this story, because I was a player on Bunneh at the same time.  I actually got banned by the Admin shortly after Mickie quit because I stood up for him during all this c*** and afterwards when it became apparent to the general populace that there was some severe favoritism and bulls*** going on.  They also had some seriously OP'd c*** going on, such as the Beelzebub card NPC and then a custom two slotted Clip that only cost the player about 1mil worth of stuff, and that was the stuff generally available, not just for donators.  And Ygg spamming was one of the things that Mickie asked about during the WoE arguements, and everyone there said that it didn't matter. 

Oh, and Bunneh died about a month after Mickie quit and Elven banned the players that sided with him.

This thread isn't about bashing servers you hate, Its about some bad experiences.........

If you need to say anything about a certain server that you believe has wronged u, Please go ahead and post a what's it called..er..report thingy lol

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.

Cheese Time

Hmm well..
there was this one time on poison, a SHR, i dont remember it much but if i remember correctly i was argueing with a GM and for no reason i got a 2 hour mute (i think) so i log on my other char to see why she did that, because i had stopped before she muted me, and the next thing i know a higher ranked GM bans me for 24 hours (thank god i had a different account), and i had done absolutely nothing, before she banned me she told me to stop, as a warning so i did, but then the next thing i know like 5 minutes later, doing absolutely nothing, i wasnt even talking o.O i got banned (like i said before)
so i log onto my other account, complain some more, and stop.. since all it was gonna get me was another ban :/
even my friends who were there thought it was unfair, and i was right.

SCO

Quote from: Final on Feb 04, 2010, 07:30 PM

This thread isn't about bashing servers you hate, Its about some bad experiences.........

If you need to say anything about a certain server that you believe has wronged u, Please go ahead and post a what's it called..er..report thingy lol

That was about my worst expierence with a server also, for pretty much the same reasons.  Considering I was wronged, IMO, and I related it to the public, I think I did pretty fine.

And a report won't do since this server died about 2 years ago.

Shiryu

Quote from: Tom~ on Jan 21, 2010, 09:42 AM
Quote from: Yusifer on Jan 21, 2010, 09:35 AM
Quote from: Tom~ on Jan 21, 2010, 09:16 AM"IF YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN, THE GUY BEHIND YOU WILL REPLACE YOU".

I think that guy's taking RO a bit too seriously lol that sounds like something an employer for a huge company would say to their degree'd employee.

ROFL yeah. Well, he is/was special. In a sad way.

Oh, I played LimitRO too! I quitted because Lai was... ehh, annoying. And yeah, he acts like a dictator (?)

If that dictator is an admin or part of the server staff you have to deal with it.

aeRO Old-School {Everyone is equal | No donation | No Customs} | 99/70 | aeRO Mayaan { 255/80 } aeRO Turbo { 999/80 }
aeRO Gaming Network Main SiteaeRO GunZ Main Site

Green

Quote from: Ajax on Feb 24, 2010, 09:59 PM
If that dictator is an admin or part of the server staff you have to deal with it.

No, you don't.
You can always leave. =P

Yukino

Or better yet, make an attempt to change them. If not, just wait until they... ban or kick you, and you'll know that they are the guilty ones. Not you since you tried to help them, but they are just too foolish to realize it themselves.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Shiryu

Quote from: Green on Feb 24, 2010, 10:56 PM
Quote from: Ajax on Feb 24, 2010, 09:59 PM

No, you don't.
You can always leave. =P

Offcourse in every private server everyone have their rights to leave.

aeRO Old-School {Everyone is equal | No donation | No Customs} | 99/70 | aeRO Mayaan { 255/80 } aeRO Turbo { 999/80 }
aeRO Gaming Network Main SiteaeRO GunZ Main Site

adhelle

my worst experience was as the owner of Noob Fury RO with my boyfriend at the time.
i broke up with him and he, in a very mature attitude, changed all server passwords, banned me, stole the server, told everyone i quit because i wanted, and never gave me any f**ing credits for all the npcs I made there.
it wasn't a good server anyway, it died some months after that.
Another bad one was when I spent 2 months making an orc hero helm on qRO then server wiped, but was just a big frustation, nothing compared to the situation above.

KisukaMoneyFace

i played on this server called Ragnarok Revolution, and the admin aka (Kisuka) was an a-hole, what a efing racist he hates asian's thats why asian's dont donate in his server, he was like "i need donations to keep our server alive" (i need donations to date my girl), 110 people online and 60% is on Autotrade... hope u close your server! like u always say! lmao! so bye ragnarevolutionsucks.

Tom~

Quote from: KisukaMoneyFace on Mar 01, 2010, 10:07 PM
i played on this server called Ragnarok Revolution, and the admin aka (Kisuka) was an a-hole, what a efing racist he hates asian's thats why asian's dont donate in his server, he was like "i need donations to keep our server alive" (i need donations to date my girl), 110 people online and 60% is on Autotrade... hope u close your server! like u always say! lmao! so bye ragnarevolutionsucks.
Obvious flame against Kisuka.

QQ elsewhere please. If you have any proofs of him "hating asians", please post them, because that kind of posts are just useless.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Temjin

If all asians were numpties like you, I'd probably hate them too.

Yeah, I went there.

Lucian

Quote from: Temjin on Mar 01, 2010, 10:30 PM

If all asians were numpties like you, I'd probably hate them too.

Yeah, I went there.
Lol. ;)

GorthexTiger

After donating hundreds of dollars to a server, becoming staff, tolerating all with that drama and s***, learning to do stuff as far as development for them, modifying GRFs, learning to script, becoming co-admin, then getting banned for banning macro-users, then becoming staff back again, then leaving, then getting accused of "hacking" the server, I was wrongfully IP & all my accounts were blocked.

:X

Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3