Bad experiences on a server?

Started by Tom~, Jan 21, 2010, 09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom~

Have you ever been on a server you didn't like?
On a server where the admin was an a***ole?
Where you got harassed?
Tell us here!

The only bad experience I've ever had on a server would be... on CursedRO. It was a SHR server that closed a couple of weeks ago.
When I first joined, the server was -awesome-. (I don't really like SHR servers now. Much less if the drop rates are 100% >:( )
Until I met the admin. Oh god. Good, good god. The first time I met "The lo", aka Nate, he was yelling at a GM. This GM went into the PvP room and had "some fun" with us. 2 days before this, I posted an application out of boredom, thinking I wouldn't get hired. Nate said to the GM: "IF YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN, THE GUY BEHIND YOU WILL REPLACE YOU".
I was like "ehhh, me...? o_o". "Yes, you". And he proceeded to log off.
The next day, I got hired as a trial GM. Rofl.
I must admit that, even thought the server and the community weren't really good, I did an excellent job. I did events, support, some scripts, graphics, etc etc.
I worked there for... uhh, 5-6 months? I saw GMs being fired for being corrupt, some others being re-hired, players using 3rd party programs, players being accussed of using 3rd party programs when it wasn't true, and a reaaaaaaaally terrible admin.
I remember he once hired a guy who donated $45 to him. Rofl. The guy was soooooo retarded. Once, he did a "Hide and seek" event. And he cloaked. LOL.
The admin, Nate, was rude with the newcomers. He once banned a guy who asked him for an event. I understand that can be annoying, but banning him...?

The community, at first, was really good. Mostly english speakers (a record for a SHR server). But, after the fourth month of playing, every english speaker player started to quit, until only 7-8 were still playing. Why? Because some philippinos started duping (well, they always did, but it became notorius), teaming, using WPE, bots, etc. They also harassed a whole guild >:(
After the 5th month, I decided to quit. I had a little fight with the admin, because of a review  :P
Then, the admin got "fired" by the co-admin and the developer (<3), and I got a job as a support GM. I, again, think I did a decent job.
I quitted (again), because players were not following the rules, and WPE/botting became something normal on the server.
I, myself, got harassed after this :>, by the same group of pinoys I banned countless times.

So, that's it. Yes, I can't believe I worked for Nate for such a long time. But I believe I made the server a better place to stay. At least, while it was possible.

Share your bad experiences!  :P

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Usagimimi

Quote from: Tom~ on Jan 21, 2010, 09:16 AM"IF YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN, THE GUY BEHIND YOU WILL REPLACE YOU".

I think that guy's taking RO a bit too seriously lol that sounds like something an employer for a huge company would say to their degree'd employee.

as for person experience:

JustRO v2 I was a GM and there was this admin named BlueNova who was full of himself. Not only did he and Akinari (main admin) enjoy themselves at unbanning my bots (because they donated lol!), but BlueNova went as far as to call me a Nazi because I jailed his legit for spamming in-town and, knowing it was his legit, made him suffer by not letting him out of jail for a while / not telling him how long he was in there, even when he threatened to "call on BlueNova to punish me" or something lol it was hilarious; I was enjoying myself in any case, though I don't behave as such with players :P He was just a full-of-himself admin of which I don't understand why he'd break the rules on purpose lol maybe a test for GMs but c'mon o_o don't test a GM that'd rather pound your face in for a bit than give you a friendly handshake :)

LimitRO was also terrible; the admin, Lai (HoS ftw), is a total dictator and treats his players (actually, non-donators) like crap. Listening to community suggestions? Yeah /lolol my butt. Just look at my review for some info' :P

Tom~

Quote from: Yusifer on Jan 21, 2010, 09:35 AM
Quote from: Tom~ on Jan 21, 2010, 09:16 AM"IF YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN, THE GUY BEHIND YOU WILL REPLACE YOU".

I think that guy's taking RO a bit too seriously lol that sounds like something an employer for a huge company would say to their degree'd employee.

ROFL yeah. Well, he is/was special. In a sad way.

Oh, I played LimitRO too! I quitted because Lai was... ehh, annoying. And yeah, he acts like a dictator (?)

Temjin

Worst experience? I remember this one HR, I think it was DreamlessRO. Horribly biased Admin whose girlfriend was a head GM of sorts(though all she did was harass people who fought her legit's guildmates). I remember watching some of the PVP going on there(which was pretty intense), and then the Admin and his girl on their legits, sitting down in PVP like "Oh, nobody will kill us". They got rocked. Also, their guildmates knew who they were and weren't shy to tell you things such as "u dont kno who ur messin w/ this guild has vips".

They also spied on other guilds during War of Emperium for their own guild. Pretty low stuff. Community was pretty nasty, though strangely enough the guy whom I wanted to strangle for his attitude later on ended up becoming one of my best friends. Weird how that usually works out.

I'd say the only other time I had a really bad experience was old FaithRO(not this shitty new HR that nobody will ever play), back in what is now known as "The Carnage Era". It was a pretty hostile time, where staff and players clashed on a daily basis. Banning wasn't just something done in private, it was something done in public to humiliate the player before they were finally cut. 800+ players cut down to 600 after a few months, then just trickled down until eventually Carnage(the GM doing the public bans, etc) was sacked and the server started to rebuild. Still probably my favourite server of all time, though.

Kyomi

My worst experience was playing RO with Tom..LOL JK. Dun hurt me Tom. Q_Q

Meh, I can't really recall any horrid experiences; There were bad ones, yes, but not really any worth taking note of. xD

Mitsuo2

only really bad experience is Solace.  That place just keeps getting worse and worse and worse. ~_~

Tom~

Quote from: Kyomi on Jan 21, 2010, 12:27 PM

LOL FU Q_Q.

<3

@Mitsuo: Yeah, but at least the admin is getting what he deserves! ;)

Usagimimi

Quote from: Kyomi on Jan 21, 2010, 12:27 PMMy worst experience was playing RO with Tom...

i no rite Q.Q my childhood innocence was robbed because of him.

Tom~

Wait, wait, waitwaitwait, what's wrong with you and Kyomi D: I'm a perv nao?!

Usagimimi

Quote from: Tom~ on Jan 21, 2010, 12:35 PMWait, wait, waitwaitwait, what's wrong with you and Kyomi D: I'm a perv nao?!

Peeping Tom, of course! Q.Q

Mitsuo2

Quote from: Tom~ on Jan 21, 2010, 12:29 PM
Quote from: Kyomi on Jan 21, 2010, 12:27 PM

LOL FU Q_Q.

<3

@Mitsuo: Yeah, but at least the admin is getting what he deserves! ;)

HOPEFULLY. @_@  He should have been blacklisted, put on the HoS and have Solace delisted by now. =/  But that's something for that topic.

Kyomi

Quote from: Tom~ on Jan 21, 2010, 12:29 PM
LOL FU Q_Q.

<3

NOU. <3

I think one thing I can recall was on Realm of Ragnarok. This one player was like BFF with the developer, and got away with like everything.
She hated me for no real reason (Just because I was a Helper o_O; ), and so one day she got like 80% of the server to bash me non-stop for at least an hour over the Broadcaster, and was even giving people money to use said NPC to flame me. And anyone who defended me, also got flamed horribly.

Although, it was kinda funny because I was lol'ing the whole time, and they thought they were upsetting me. xD
I just sat in a different town and collected screenshots.

So then later on, the developer gets online (Since he was the first GM to show up, unfortunately), and I tell him what happened. All he does is say that this player was "just being obnoxious" and couldn't really punish her. >_>;

@Yusifer - OMG I KNOW! MINE TOO. Q_Q

ShadowSappy

I've had many bad experiences, The first was on RaijeRO, when one of the GMs was on his legit, he is emo alot so he rage quits, and when my friends and I formed a new guild and sat in his map for his guild, he ragequitted saying he'd ban us on 1 insult, Though funny, got annoying later on. The other bad experience I forgot the server, but it was ran by a 14 year old annoying kid. Me and my friend beat his guild in a WoE Event and he logs on his GM and shut woe off, and jailed me.

Usagimimi

Quote from: ShadowSappy on Jan 21, 2010, 01:00 PMMe and my friend beat his guild in a WoE Event and he logs on his GM and shut woe off, and jailed me.

lol nerd rage ftw xDD;;;

ShadowSappy

Quote from: Yusifer on Jan 21, 2010, 01:07 PM
Quote from: ShadowSappy on Jan 21, 2010, 01:00 PMMe and my friend beat his guild in a WoE Event and he logs on his GM and shut woe off, and jailed me.

lol nerd rage ftw xDD;;;

Lol, I know, and he removed @who cause of "Privacy and Harassment", so I couldn't see my friends alts, so I lost touch with 'em.