Bad experiences on a server?

Started by Tom~, Jan 21, 2010, 09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr3zs

for me the very bad experience that i experienced lol is when i downloaded and installed blackout ro for 24 hours and then when i was about to login :)) it says i am banned frm the server haha it really :) bad hehe...
but i really want to play there because my friends are playing there hehehe :)and i can help the server too .

DarkDevine

One of my worst experiences happened just a few seconds aco, Today at 08:59 to be exactly,
seeing how straight dumb a single human being can be.
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Habuka

I Is Warned

Aragorn

Quote from: Metafalica on Mar 04, 2010, 08:39 AM

Why the f*** are you centering your text. It doesn't make you look cool, It's only annoying.
RO had no good ol days. It never evolved. Its always been this bad.

DIE IN A FIRE..... (>.>)

And this is appropriate how?

3 day warn

hey what are all these stupid f*** scribbles on your test?
OH BAKA SENSEI THAT'S NIHONGO

RULE 1:
Every post that disagrees to the previous to Aragorn is a flame or insult.

Tom~

Quote from: Aragorn on Mar 22, 2010, 09:27 AM
Quote from: Metafalica on Mar 04, 2010, 08:39 AM

Why the f*** are you centering your text. It doesn't make you look cool, It's only annoying.
RO had no good ol days. It never evolved. Its always been this bad.

DIE IN A FIRE..... (>.>)
You never change. Poor you.... (>.>)

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

GorthexTiger

A wild histronic troll appears!

Histronic Troll uses Flamethrower!

It's not very effective...

It got warned in the backlash!

@OnTopic:

Server's I've played on that sucked (95%)

DreamerRO HR
SliceRO
aeRO (all 3 different versions, starting with the one back in 2005)
JuicyRO
PoisonRO
RebirthRO
SyctheRO
XiLeRO (All servers)
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

savannah

GM's taking a castle at CakeRO, if that was not enough, it was outside woe time lol... don't ask me why they did that, certainly it was not an event haha!

Elenaya

Hmm

Back in 2007 I played a server called GatheringRO.  The server was nice overall, but the majority of the GMs had the IQ of a rock. o_O  That's actually why I ended up leaving the server.

I don't quite remember all that they did that was horribly stupid, but I do remember some of the GM's bot checking skills being ridiculous.  (I.E.: If you stand around AFK in a field, we'll ban you.  Girl comes on and asks why, and the GM says just don't stand around AFK in the field again!  That wasn't me, but I remember seeing it from the forums and I was like..wow o_O;)

If you're ignorant toward what you're doing, don't do it at all, because all you're doing is making your entire server look bad.

The same GMs don't appear to be there anymore (Thank God).

As said, there were other things of vast idiocy experienced within the server from the staff itself, but I don't quite remember what that was. (Too long ago, and the server wasn't personally worth remembering due to experiences back then.)

skytotoro

Last summer I was playing on eternityRO v2, there I got interested in participating in their forum events.  Post a unique build and some other one.  Regardless of whatever it was, the event would end, and there will be a "judging phase" to determine the winner.

I waited... and waited...but there was no reply
then I decided to quit after 4 months (for other reasons as well). 
Checked again 5 months later, still nothing happened.  Good thing, I only spent my summer there. =(

SirFuzzi

FaithRO. (read my review if you haven't, or if you care; it explains a lot of the story)

I often bounce servers with two great friends of mine in RO, and we'd happened to land there. It was all going good until I took a minute to check the donations; two idiot G-Xs (in a guild named Akatsuki-- I wish I were lying) were standing nearby as I began to rant about them. My good buddy and I began discussing that these were overpowered and this pair of G-Xs began to call us the usual slew of "I'm 16 and I found an internet" names like 'noob,' 'gay,' etc.

We ended up leaving because we decided that the server wasn't worth our time. It really wasn't, and the mods there were idiots. I hope it gets shut down, because servers whose communities perpetuate the thinning out of population kind of defy the point of an MMO.

Another good one was ReikonRO, and nobody remembers that one.

I, single-handedly, ended up pissing off a new GM. I hadn't been around in a while and when I rejoined, it was straight out of a horror book; everyone was scared about this new mod. Being the man that I am, I spoke out against him. Multiple times in the server, and then on the forums. What I had realized was that I was picking a fight with the moderation.

What I hadn't realized was that he was a programmer and I was most certainly nothing of the sort. He ended up force-shutting the server down. It took me and two or three others to talk him down; after I'd called him down, see, he got offended. And he took it personally. He kept searching for me in-game (but he lived with the Ozzies and I was in school, so he never did catch me) and once called me out saying "he wanted to have fun," in this totally menacing way I guess. I went on the forums and told him to stop being a **** to the players and to stop abusing his power like the fat kid in a sandbox.

Whoo-ee. As I said earlier, he force-shut the server down. The head admin began begging and pleading with him; I simply took it to face value with him and asked him what the hell he was being a **** for. It turned out that, really, he was enforcing the rules, if just a little too forcibly. So we talked and we actually became great friends, which doesn't sound so bad but I'm not sure I liked anything that preceded it. That was the most drama I've ever seen on the internet.

(before anyone asks, ReikonRO is long dead and was a very small server; I was the infamous and feared Ingram Prisken on there.)

It just goes to show; be careful what you say, yeah? Everyone's human, and just because it's the internet, doesn't mean you can't offend someone.

Rapist

Quote from: Elenaya on Apr 13, 2010, 09:56 AM
Hmm

Back in 2007 I played a server called GatheringRO.  The server was nice overall, but the majority of the GMs had the IQ of a rock. o_O  That's actually why I ended up leaving the server.

I don't quite remember all that they did that was horribly stupid, but I do remember some of the GM's bot checking skills being ridiculous.  (I.E.: If you stand around AFK in a field, we'll ban you.  Girl comes on and asks why, and the GM says just don't stand around AFK in the field again!  That wasn't me, but I remember seeing it from the forums and I was like..wow o_O;)

If you're ignorant toward what you're doing, don't do it at all, because all you're doing is making your entire server look bad.

The same GMs don't appear to be there anymore (Thank God).

As said, there were other things of vast idiocy experienced within the server from the staff itself, but I don't quite remember what that was. (Too long ago, and the server wasn't personally worth remembering due to experiences back then.)

What was your char name there?...:D Because i played almost 6 months so i  know most of them

Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it

KittyLoaf

KwietStorm

on one server, the female GM i guess didnt like me because i was a close friend to many of her male guild members. Being the tomby that I am, it's always easier for me to talk to guys than girls.
she banned me and when i asked what was the reason she just said "you deserve it"   Meh...whatever...

on another server, one of the co-admins had a crush on a player. so he would send hateful/harrassing PMs to her boyfriend...who soon became her ex. the guy in question was a buddy of mine who showed me the screenshots. We just left that server. wasnt even worth complaining about.

I like my current server way more so oh well.

DarkDevine

exRO:

A RL buddy of mine fell in love with the head-GM, Nesh. They talked and became a couple for a few days, until my buddy broke up.
After that he got banned permanently by the admin of exRO. No reason attached.
More than that, my buddy played on my accounts sometimes too, I barely have time, so my accounts have all been banned as well.

Later the admin talked with my buddy, he actually banned all our accounts because he was in love with this head-GM too.

That's what being admin and banning around is about: Love (:
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Revenant

For the love of god, people, stop posting topics about recruiting staff on this forum, or indeed any forum. If you really feel the need to publicize the fact you're incapable of running your own server, and as such, must rely on someone you know nothing about as a crutch, be prepared to deal with the consequences, as people who go deliberately looking for GM positions are most likely as dumb as the inept server owner in question, if not moreso.

People offering paid services may or may not be screwing you over, depending on the product. Web designers? There's quite a good few out there; many take time to do their work, and charge quite a bit as a result. Just be sure you're not getting someone elses' website, rebranded for quick cash. If you hire someone to do things such as install customs for you, give up running a server. You're wasting time and letting someone take advantage of your stupidity.

[1] [2] [3] [4]