Bad experiences on a server?

Started by Tom~, Jan 21, 2010, 09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green

I had an Admin's girlfriend chew me out for being Australian.

When I pointed out America was originally used for penal colonies, and that Britain started using Australian only 12 years after American Independence, she tried to get me banned. =)

Meta; Probably not a good idea to have a go at someone for formating a font, when you also format. Centred. Pink font. Who gives a hoot?
Though, the centred font is much easier to read than the pink...

Habuka

I Is Warned

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Quote from: Metafalica on Mar 04, 2010, 08:39 AM

Why the f*** are you centering your text. It doesn't make you look cool, It's only annoying.

hahaha oh wow

QuoteJust in case stupid people don't know,

A dedicated server costs a small monthly rent equivilant to keep up. You almost definately need donations (maybe not donation items of course.)

HAHAHA OH WOW

Habuka

A dedicated server costs a small monthly rent equivilant to keep up. You almost definately need donations (maybe not donation items of course.)

It doesnt cost that much every month.
I Is Warned

Green

Quote from: Habuka on Mar 17, 2010, 09:06 AM

It doesnt cost that much every month.

Like to know where you are living.
My rent costs me $280p/m, Australian.
USD$258.

I'm sure lots of servers can reach that amount per month.

Temjin

Quote from: Green on Mar 17, 2010, 09:26 AM
Like to know where you are living.
My rent costs me $280p/m, Australian.
USD$258.

I'm sure lots of servers can reach that amount per month.

Oh, but Green, then there wouldn't be anything leftover to pocket, and if it only costs $250 per month theoretically, it makes it that much harder to lie to my community about high upkeep cost!!

YOU RUIN EVERYTHING

Green

Oh, sorry.
I left my high-rent place in my other dress.

AdventRO

Lemme share two 'life' stories,

So, there was this high-rate I played on. Fantastically fun, full of well designed quests and other things. It turned out to be one of the worst wastes of time in my life. Lesson learned: never trust a high-rate owner to do anything right consistently, and never invest too much time and sentiment into a character on a high-rate.

And I once GM'd on an unmentionable server. It had a massive GM team, and most of them were quite likeable. Of course, there's always one bad apple in the bunch. Anyways, that bad apple turned out to be totalitarian and abusive - to everyone, including the GM team. Even the server owner would dance around him (a timid owner? o.O). Me, being the new guy and all, would be saddled with all the complaints and trouble that he caused. At some point I got fed up and gave that GM a piece of my mind. Needless to say, he didn't like me very much after that. But I'm stubborn to a fault, so I didn't quit because the coals under my feet are hot. After a few weeks, he quit.

AdventRO is opening on April 1st. Opening event with prizes. Join our forums.

Turok

Have to say CursedRO was one of the "2" worst servers i ever played on i mean it was great to start with but went bad fast (guess it had to live up to its name "cursed") the other ws BlackoutRO

Habuka

I Is Warned

Pow

Divided we stand, together we fall.
There isn't any god that can save us all
So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
There is no belief in this promised land

Habuka

Dont mind me as I go make a "Pow" call (Just like the Batman signal).

Nothing, I have waited tell now for you to post something regarding that.
I Is Warned

Pow

Quote from: Habuka on Mar 20, 2010, 12:36 AM
Dont mind me as I go make a "Pow" call (Just like the Batman signal).

Nothing, I have waited tell now for you to post something regarding that.

Oh, right.  I thought I was wanted :(

-Pow
Divided we stand, together we fall.
There isn't any god that can save us all
So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
There is no belief in this promised land

Green

Quote from: Pow on Mar 20, 2010, 02:09 AM

Oh, right.  I thought I was wanted :(

-Pow

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Habuka