Autoloot/Dual Clienting Discussion/Poll.

Started by Chemical Crush, Mar 08, 2012, 11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you feel about Autoloot and Dual Clienting? [Low Rate in Mind]

Autoloot: Must have.
Autoloot: Could live without.
Dual Client: Must have
Dual Client: Could live without.
Dual Client: Could live without under certain circumstances.

powerstarprince

Styx u are awesome dude average player and entertainment nice standards in ur opinion . You know how to make essasy so understandable. U dont like autoloot but can't play without it then how will u get entertained when u keep thinking either way? Must be having unclear happiness about the game so been playing again n so forth...

Mewi

From someone from iRO and then played private Aegis servers... then later moved to eAthena  autoloot saved a massive amount of clicking, and probably reduced the progression of my carpel tunnel syndrome XD  So it doesn't really take away from that game really @___@  it makes it less stressful in terms of point to point clicking.

Dual Clienting,  no problem with that.  You can't stop people from doing it, and all servers that tried have been crazy about it.  However, I do not support , support bots/tradesell bots.  That is a bannable offense.

Becoming a GM means you sacrifice a part of your soul forever, be prepared.

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Mewi on Mar 31, 2012, 03:47 PM
From someone from iRO and then played private Aegis servers... then later moved to eAthena  autoloot saved a massive amount of clicking, and probably reduced the progression of my carpel tunnel syndrome XD  So it doesn't really take away from that game really @___@  it makes it less stressful in terms of point to point clicking.
LOL I feel you here, I love autoloot and I really hate clicking a bajillion times to try and hurry to get my items so I can continue my killing spree.
Dual Clienting,  no problem with that.  You can't stop people from doing it, and all servers that tried have been crazy about it.  However, I do not support , support bots/tradesell bots.  That is a bannable offense.
I hate bots.

Styx

Quote from: powerstarprince on Mar 31, 2012, 02:56 PM
Styx u are awesome dude average player and entertainment nice standards in ur opinion . You know how to make essasy so understandable. U dont like autoloot but can't play without it then how will u get entertained when u keep thinking either way? Must be having unclear happiness about the game so been playing again n so forth...

I don't like autoloot because it causes restrictions, problems, discussions.
The problem is complicated because if you raise the droprate, some things will drop more but things that already drop official at almost 100% won't drop in conjunction with the raised droprate. The progress (time you need to gather) is equal to official.
In basic if your gameplay is depending on those materials, you will be either outplayed due the raised droprate or will spend more time to keep up.
Then if you have to pick it all up, already spending more time on the game, that is not a pleasant situation.
RSI, of course, it is not healthy at all. I will not play without autoloot.

Some chars are better in gathering certain things or support for it, that brings me to multiclient.
It can be exploited very easy with an automate keyboard, eventually responding on the gamesound, I don't like that part.
Impossible or very hard to avoid it, So just 1 client is a radical solution for most of it.
Your leg hurts, cut it off and you won't feel it anymore, it works.
On the other hand, without a very disciplined group, 24/7 ready to support you, multiclient is a must have to experience this game to the fullest.
I won't play on a server without this option.

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Styx on Apr 02, 2012, 08:28 PM
multiclient is a must have to experience this game to the fullest.

...Lol?  I don't get that, thats a new one for me.  To me multiclient is for anti social people who dont want to group with people.  Or link slaves I suppose.  Or people who just wanna leech all their chars.

Karuna-tan

Having tried out the officials, I do like autoloot - it just makes my life easier when I don't have to click all over the damn place just to get loots. As for multiclienting - well, some of the things I do require a link or a buff slave. However, just because I multiclient sometimes doesn't mean that I don't like doing things in a group. Sometimes there just are no parties around and I'm stuck doing stuff by myself. *shrug*
"Howard, you do know I've got a number of ways to poison you. In your sleep. Your food. You don't want that to happen do you?"

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Karuna-tan on Apr 03, 2012, 12:17 AM
Having tried out the officials, I do like autoloot - it just makes my life easier when I don't have to click all over the damn place just to get loots. As for multiclienting - well, some of the things I do require a link or a buff slave. However, just because I multiclient sometimes doesn't mean that I don't like doing things in a group. Sometimes there just are no parties around and I'm stuck doing stuff by myself. *shrug*

Yeah I know how you feel bout there being no parties sometimes.  I've honestly never dual cliented on private servers, just officials when leeching a priest or using it as a buff slave.  -Shrugs-  Usually because it was soloable content and the buffs were just nice.  I dunno, I just hate seeing people leech their 5 alts at Anubis on a 25x pserver or something, it irks me.  But I guess they are thinking 'hey I can knock out leveling all of them at once!'  I dunno, I have mixed feelings on multi clienting.

Jasc

1. Autoloot - essential considering when mobbing all the items get stacked and its easy to lose out on a drop

2. dual clienting - I would say yes. Looking at populations of majority of the servers, you have to do a few things yourself sometimes.

Drauger

Tsk tsk ........

@autoloot:   I feel that once u  try @at  its hard to go back xD,  i tried playing again ro and   started on iro and  one of the things i hated most was, to click around all the time to pick up crap from the ground, crap u need    the most when startin to earn some zeny , yes @at  spoiled me  but,  looking at mmorpg's  mechanics these days, i think ro should have at least the drops change in a form of one package , when  u pick it up u get all the stuff the mob dropped, picking up  all the guts of the mob from the ground its  ..... to much clicking

@dual: Well for me its a most, and i don't play alone i'm almost always  playing with 3 or 4 friends, the reason why i think its a must its because:   i play(ed?) with a gypsy full support in woe, so  thats kind of hard to lvl alone and  usually  there aren't that much spots for me in parties so, i create my  gypsy  and slave it service for u  also my friend plays a clown full support and  he rolls a hw ( usually) so  my gypsy and his clown   autofollow his hw  and i go  support our mober friend   how btw  also puts on autofollow  his creator into  my hw  friend XD, so in my opinion   dual its a need  for me and my friends to play xD we lvl up both our woe and fun  characters, of course it's abusable  by some people but not all.

jblazer

Quoteaccount 1
SinX (PVP)
WoE Sniper (WOE)
WhiteSmith (PvE)

account 2
Champion (MVP)
Endow1
Endow2
Linker
Warpers

account 3
High Priest (Support)

account 4
Paladin (Gospel)

account 5
Sniper (PVM)
Dancer (WoE/Gypsy's Kiss)

account 6
merchant (Perma-vending)

account 7
Creator (FCP)

account 8
Bard (Bragi)

account 9
Swordsman (Provoke)

^that's my accounts on a 9x server I play, does it look like I can play without duel clienting? I normally 5+ clients  /heh

as for autolooting
no way in hell can I go with no autoloot. The snipers true farming speed is in fly wings and killing from afar > repeat
not just that though, it would make hunting an even bigger chore then it already is.

Honestly, if people don't wanna autoloot they can turn it off. No need disabling it and scaring away 99% of players.

Duel clienting should never be allowed in WoE or BG. Everything else is fine.

yC

^ what the ...

What do you do on the 5 accounts all online at the same time?  You only have a pair of hands and eyes.  Leeching is way to much ...

Yukino

Gamers. Never know their true potential.

Especially if zombies ever come about.

If there's a way to restrict dual clienting during WoE times, that would be interesting (don't know).
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Styx

Quote from: yC on Apr 07, 2012, 04:14 PM
^ what the ...

What do you do on the 5 accounts all online at the same time?  You only have a pair of hands and eyes.  Leeching is way to much ...

Account1: Creator
Account2: Clown Marionette Control
Account3: Priest
Account4: Gospel Pally
Account5: Bragi Bard

That is a brewer party, other needed chars can be on these accounts.
Like a Linker, Taekwon and Super Novice, in common you will not get a party for it.
It is just one the examples that Ragnarok is too complex to restrict players having just one account.

Karuna-tan

Quote from: Chemical Crush on Apr 03, 2012, 09:34 AM
Yeah I know how you feel bout there being no parties sometimes.  I've honestly never dual cliented on private servers, just officials when leeching a priest or using it as a buff slave.  -Shrugs-  Usually because it was soloable content and the buffs were just nice.  I dunno, I just hate seeing people leech their 5 alts at Anubis on a 25x pserver or something, it irks me.  But I guess they are thinking 'hey I can knock out leveling all of them at once!'  I dunno, I have mixed feelings on multi clienting.

Ah yeah, that's the thing - I never leech or stuffs. My computer can handle 3 clients open at the same time, no more (more would probably result in the damn thing melting on my desk) - this I know because of the time when I leveled my whitesmith in Geffenia, I had to have my HP and linker logged at the same time for buffs. I like leveling my chars - I never really tried leeching my characters on my own, because I always manage to find something else to do (like hunting stuffs I need or so on).
"Howard, you do know I've got a number of ways to poison you. In your sleep. Your food. You don't want that to happen do you?"

jblazer

Quote from: Styx on Apr 08, 2012, 07:43 PM
Account1: Creator
Account2: Clown Marionette Control
Account3: Priest
Account4: Gospel Pally
Account5: Bragi Bard

That is a brewer party, other needed chars can be on these accounts.
Like a Linker, Taekwon and Super Novice, in common you will not get a party for it.
It is just one the examples that Ragnarok is too complex to restrict players having just one account.

Yeah exactly. You're really not going to get very far with only 1 or 2 characters.