Autoloot/Dual Clienting Discussion/Poll.

Started by Chemical Crush, Mar 08, 2012, 11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you feel about Autoloot and Dual Clienting? [Low Rate in Mind]

Autoloot: Must have.
Autoloot: Could live without.
Dual Client: Must have
Dual Client: Could live without.
Dual Client: Could live without under certain circumstances.

Judgement

I like the way TalonRO has @autoloot.  Enabled up until level 70.  Full autoloot pretty much makes the BS/WS lame, and makes certain classes crazy money makers.

Dual clienting is a must for me. I preffer a dual client HP/Clown support from myself than some retard playing that class horribly.
Super Smash Brothers 64!

Annihilate

I am not pro-dual clienting, but dual clienting is kinda imba imho.

With 5x Client, one can kill high-tier MVPs by themselves. I won't exactly describe how but it becomes insanely easy.

Fruityla

Autoloot: I tend to be pretty neutral since I've learned to live without it playing iRO.

Dual Clienting: I like it for being able to trade with yourself, self buffing, and other mundane tasks no player really wants to stand around all day doing for you. Or if you absolutely can't find someone to play the one class your party is missing.

However, don't try to take a middle ground where you allow it for certain things only. Either allow it or don't. Period.
Old game is old.

pr3zs

i picked  autoloot :) players need it !!! specially to the newbies for hunting items.
i also picked without dual, because i think its better  to not allow dual to lessen the scammers and hacking ~

crysiscore3

Autoloot, yes generally. Especially for anything above low rate. 15x and beyond had darn well better have it.  Autoloot only for card or only until level 70 are each interesting inputs for a low rate. I'll also throw in only for rares of any type. IE say it's a 3x drop, then only %0.3 and below or something.

Dual client. Unless you offer a bank to transfer funds between my characters and have @autotrade, then I'm not in favor eliminating it.

Oh and if we are talking about low rates. PLEASE triple the sit hp recovery rate. I hate that I spend more time sitting than playing for level 30-60 or so on my first character.
Thinking of making your own RO PServer?
Read this first.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

I could stomach autoloot, but Dual Clienting is a joke and any server which uses it is a joke.

Silverbaine

@alootid 1-5 is good enough for me, unless ofc the server has customs that give chance to get such and such item at 1-10% or whatever, then I like to @autoloot 10. Personally, I'd rage at working so hard hunting a rare card on a tough MVP, only to see it drop and get looted by a player or mob...

dual clienting, I'm not entirely dependant on this, but in a low populated server, it can be quite useful. however like some have said before, RO is an mmo meant to play with other online players. So if there is plenty of online players plenty of support/tanks/offense to make a well rounded party, by all means who needs to dual then? xd
Xarale ~ As others have said, I do believe this topic is done now.  Therfore I shall be closing it, because I'm sexy.

XicoR4

Autoloot is a convenience that most people are too used to nowadays, and the looting system in RO was kinda flawed to begin with (things dropping on portals, "unfair" loot order,etc...) so I think autoloot is the lesser of evils (Even though it should have some restrictions).

As for Dual Client, it's kinda of a double edged sword, it allows for certain things to happen when there simply isn't enough people playing, but also kills a lot of partying and class diversity, because full support classes aren't needed anymore if everyone has their personal slaves, among other things.
Dual client is also really abusable on certain occasions, like having a single person camping several MVPs or kill high tier MVPs by him/herself, abusing battlegrounds, quests, Hugel bingo/races or heck, even stuff like okolnir can be done with just a few people (and a lot of dual clients).

The Link

still, Autoloot. It is really helpful in a player's everyday life.

Duel Client is not really necessary, because from my experience, Dual Client provides the high-end advantage for people with fast computers. Say a certain player can open clients up to five times, he could open up a trapper, gypsy, killer all at the same time. Thus providing imbalance among other players. It is also sometimes used for bad stuff like scamming and the like so it isn't really that convenient in a server's system.

Meta

Manual looting will give you serious RSI at anything higher than iRO rates, so autoloot is essential. Multiclienting is required on any private server due to the low population.

And multiclienting doesn't take a fast computer if you use roext and AutoFreeCPU. I've had four open on my below average laptop without problems.

Silverbaine

I forgot to mention , dual clienting is often abused alot in events both auto, and GM ran, so yea I think Multiclienting should not be allowed period, to prevent cheating.
Xarale ~ As others have said, I do believe this topic is done now.  Therfore I shall be closing it, because I'm sexy.

Styx

Concerning autoloot I would like to approach it more calculated. Suppose it would be off, how many clicks would an average player make in a week?
How many should he make at least to keep up with a reasonable standard?
Of course there is a relation with the droprate, which has even more influence on the game then autoloot.
If you know this answer (how many clicks), the next question would be, will an average player experience it as entertainment?
If the answer is, yes, you are ok. If it is no, the average player will either not join this server or put all his efforts in developping something to bypass it.
I am afraid they are actually very capable developping something with succes. At least history doesn't tell different.

Then Mutliclienting, why would that be so important? If 1 player can already turn your game upside down with multiclienting.
What do you think a cooperating group can do hmmm? I think it will beyond your imagination.
Actually a restriction regarding multiclienting is really funny.
Official there is no restriction in number of clients, I wonder how a restriction could offer more entertainment for a general public.
The development these days leads often to more restrictions and rules and sometimes it feels a server is more like a prison then a place for entertainment.
There is some contradiction. Example was implenting the Homunculus system with autofutures.
Many complains and it was logic something was done about it.
On the other hand, players loved this sytem massively, Ragnarok was at his peak. They left as massive as they came when the system was broken.
A revival came with the Star Gladiatior in Thor, many players loved it but something had to be done about it.
They changed and broke it, after that Thor was mainly a map for Snipers.
What I am trying to say is that something can be correct, even justice but it doesn't mean it will lead to better entertainment by definition.
Therefore there is not a really good answer possible to your question.

Chemical Crush

Really...this is just an open discussion there is no right or wrong answer.  Its to see who likes what and why.
:|

Outphase

Autoloot: A must have I guess. I could live without it, but after years of playing RO I would prefer having it since it is just convenient to have. Since I haven't touched low/mid rates in years, SHR servers have spoiled me.

Dual Client: This is a concept which is often frowned upon. I don't understand the big deal about it. It's a nice to have because it can be used for buffs and what not. Given the fact that I can dual client, I like to place my characters strategically on specific accounts since I spend a lot of time in PVP. On several occasions I have taken two PVP characters in a PVP room and have fought with simultaneously using alt-tab, which is actually much harder than it sounds and quite fun! Even if dual client was not allowed, people would still find a way around it. It's inevitable.

Styx

Quote from: Chemical Crush on Mar 29, 2012, 08:39 PM
Really...this is just an open discussion there is no right or wrong answer.  Its to see who likes what and why.
:|

My bad, I will make it more clear then.

Autoloot: I don't like it but I can't and wil not play without it.

Multiclienting: I don't like it but can't and wil not play without it.