Autoloot/Dual Clienting Discussion/Poll.

Started by Chemical Crush, Mar 08, 2012, 11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you feel about Autoloot and Dual Clienting? [Low Rate in Mind]

Autoloot: Must have.
Autoloot: Could live without.
Dual Client: Must have
Dual Client: Could live without.
Dual Client: Could live without under certain circumstances.

Chemical Crush

Hiya players and possible server owners.

Today I bring this question because...well I wanna know what you think. 

Autoloot:

Tell me why you picked what you picked.  If you picked its a Must Have, why?  Or why could you live without it?  What are your thoughts on the Autoloot feature?

Dual Clienting:

Why or why can you not live without it?  What are your thoughts on the Dual Clienting feature.

I'll give you what I think on both topics.

Autoloot:  Personally this is a major must have for me, why?  I played private servers for convience, and Autoloot offers that.  I just wanna kill my mob and keep walkin to the next.  Now I have played servers w/o autoloot, its not too bad.   But Autoloot is just something I prefer.

Dual Clienting.  Actually I could live without this.  I hardly ever dual client on servers i've played.  So I don't see why its a big deal for players to have this, especially if the server offers resets.  Just level your character and reset to a build you'd prefer.

So tell me, what do you think about Autoloot / Dual Client.

wireless

Autoloot: must have. I'm playing in iRO at the moment and every time we're killing Maya Purple or Maya, we have to make sure there's no ants around because no one ever bothers to pick up worthless loot so all the ants are so full of stuff that if a card drops and an ant picks it up, it's gone. And looters swarming all over you whenever you're killing something in a map that has them is annoying, and clicking to pick up everything is never fun anyway and makes mouse battery die faster.

Dual client: prefer it but could live without. Problem is though that even if you make it illegal, people will still do it and you can't really do anything about it, so might as well allow it for everyone.

yC

I am all for playing RO how it made to be played.  I don't mind having autoloot because it saves time.  But that really take out the heartbeat of everyone during those moment when you see a card drop on the floor after killing a monster (or die at the moment it drops).  It make hunting fun in a way especially you have to watch out for looter or looting monster like wireless said.  To much convenience isn't good for the game, it make people lazy and they'll expect more lazy ways to do things.

Dual client.  Don't mind but can do without it.  Dual for me is just a "spot-on"-warper and a buffer.  I don't know how you can stop people from doing it because people have multiple computers these days.  Again it take out some of the fun from the original RO because without dual you will be more relay on the community.  RO is an mmo so playing with yourself on a dual isn't how the game is supposed to be played.

Triper

I can't live without autoloot, I would just hate me for loosing something good and the thing of getting a mvp card and show in the chat is just too good to miss :(

Dual Client I don't mind depending on the conditions. Actually I could even be fine without it IF there was substitutes in game to it like a Buff/Heal NPC so I don't need to dual HP for buffs and heals. NPC to make pots[basically a give items, get pots that count to your rank position] so I don't need to get Clown and HP and etc to make them. Stuff like that.

Yukino

I think autoloot is quite necessary for me, especially I go out hunting for enormous amounts of items for making a custom headgear, etc. I do not want to pick up 1000 feathers one by one lol. Secondly, there's a delay when it comes to monsters dropping the item, so that item is technically yours (if you do the most damage) regardless unless you lagged. Then, the surrounding players can get that card or whatever. Autoloot works in the same way I believe, but you wouldn't lose out to any lags. I still don't really see any cons with this personally.

I don't really care about Dual clienting--I can live without it anyways. It promotes "cheating" yet in other times, it's for convenience. There are good and bad points about having this available.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Strudel

You intending to make a low rate? :O

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Strudel on Mar 08, 2012, 04:44 PM
You intending to make a low rate? :O

Just working with someone who wants to make one.   I, myself, am not making it. 

RaptureRO

/hmm I played iRO Chaos and Sakray, then Ymir and now i'm retired, but the answer I'd give is I could live without both. Hell, I could live without ANY atcommands!~

DavionFuxa

I've never been a fan of Autoloot or Duel Clienting.

Having Autoloot on removes the purpose of looter monsters and it gives an advantage to certain characters like Hunters that can just range monsters and move on when farming. I don't necessarily mind having Autoloot when you can enable it to get lower chance dropping loot (like Cards) for the really mindless farming but that's about the only form I like it in.

Duel Clienting is worse however in that it slightly removes the value of Priests and other supportive characters. Instead of partying with a Priest you get a buffer, warper, endower, or whatever you want; slaving at your whim.

The problem though is that Autoloot is in such high demand by most players that most won't play without it. Duel Clienting isn't so much in demand but there can be issues with trying to enforce it.

Usagimimi

My first server was without @autoloot. It was satisfying to find items and it helped balance the economy better; however, it can cause the loss of things like cards, and that's never fun for a player to experience. That's why I support @autoloot and @alootid now.

Dual-Clienting... Meh. I can have it; I can not have it. It doesn't change my gaming experience; however, I always have someone else playing with me, and for people who can't have constant aide / a Priest around, it can be a piss off to not have Increase AGI all of the time. Players nowadays tend to be trolls / unfriendly and won't buff others when asked nicely, either.

On the fence about it as it promotes party play without it, but severely discourages any soloing.

Gene

Didn't read other posts but:

Autoloot:

Obviously something I want and need. Without it as a sniper is just bad. There are also cases where you and the mob died at the same time and you didn't get the chance to pick up your card. Also there are some items that have identical colors with cards and it's confusing.

Dual Clienting:

I like having multiple chars logged in and use them whenever I need them so I don't need to relog and such. Also I like leeching on MR and do soul links since there are only a few dedicated support SL players.

Yukino

Just out of curiosity, was this server released before, but you guys are refining it and remaking it now?
Perhaps it would be interesting if you restrict autolooting to certain items... like cards?
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

yC

Heh, just to add that I would love to see sniper go and pick up their items.  I played wiz for years and don't find it a problem to walk up to pick up items.  It is also part of the game balance, ranged chars should get both advantages and disadvantages.  So @autoloot is "imbalance" in a way.

I think having @alootid is enough for hunting in the "just in case" situation.  @autoloot is for the lazy.

aluze

Autoloot is ok for me,
Personally i don't like dual clienting as it breaks some of the games elements.

Better allow then prevent it as its easily bypassed and impossible to monitor.
AluzeRo 10/10/5/2 - A classic Ro experience with no customs!
http://www.aluzero.com

D1gITaLMaYhEm

Quote from: aluze on Mar 11, 2012, 08:12 AM
Autoloot is ok for me,
Personally i don't like dual clienting as it breaks some of the games elements.

Better allow then prevent it as its easily bypassed and impossible to monitor.

On the topic of Autoloot it's really not a big deal lol i played Loki for years never bothered me it kind of ruins the game a little like yC said "Imbalance".

Dual-Clienting Sure it's kind of impossible to enforce but i'f you know what your doing you can make it extremely difficult first you can lock the server to only have 1 of the same ip in at the same time
two you can hex your client so that other clients won't open with it running, that would have to force dual clienter to eaither get on a computer with a diffrent internet connection/ or lag with a vpn.

Also if your server has the @sameip command "src edit" then you can create a script that will check for dual clients/kick them off every 5minutes or so i'n Towns/WoE/PvP/Ect