Anyone interested in a Trans Class 99/70 server with tweaked formula's?

Started by Validus, Nov 23, 2012, 07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Styx

Well, it is too much to even to mention it all.
But for instance The Mercenary and Homunculus AI are set to Renewal.
No custom AI will work with it, only Azzy will sometimes but with the restrictions under Renewal.
The custom AI delivered with server is standard attacking anything and in KSmode.
There are a lot of differences in Monster AI also and I suspect even modifiers are under influence of Renewal settings.
This is happening because rathena is only developping Renewal and their ethics to keep up with official are different then eathena.
I can't say if this is good or bad, it is happening. Probably very good for Renewal but it is a bad situation for Pre-Renewal.

On official Classic you can see the same problem, development with a Dev-team that is used to play Renewal only.
Still it is much more close to the original Classic then rathena is atm.
If eathena will merge or switch to Renewal Pre-Renewal will be pretty much dead, as far that is not already the case.
So, you have to think about this when you want to start a Pre-renewal server, you might end up with developpers that never played pre-renewal.
It could frustrate your wish to tweak with settings on the long run.

Pano

Quote from: Styx on Dec 05, 2012, 09:51 AM
Well, it is too much to even to mention it all.
But for instance The Mercenary and Homunculus AI are set to Renewal.
No custom AI will work with it, only Azzy will sometimes but with the restrictions under Renewal.
The custom AI delivered with server is standard attacking anything and in KSmode.
There are a lot of differences in Monster AI also and I suspect even modifiers are under influence of Renewal settings.
This is happening because rathena is only developping Renewal and their ethics to keep up with official are different then eathena.
I can't say if this is good or bad, it is happening. Probably very good for Renewal but it is a bad situation for Pre-Renewal.

On official Classic you can see the same problem, development with a Dev-team that is used to play Renewal only.
Still it is much more close to the original Classic then rathena is atm.
If eathena will merge or switch to Renewal Pre-Renewal will be pretty much dead, as far that is not already the case.
So, you have to think about this when you want to start a Pre-renewal server, you might end up with developpers that never played pre-renewal.
It could frustrate your wish to tweak with settings on the long run.

I don't feel like the mob AI is a real problem, considering the modifications I have in mind anyway, but thanks for the heads up. At least, I'll know what's up if something is not as I remembered!

For the merc / hom AI, I can revert that but that would probably mean using a older client, since Hom / Merc AI are client side...

As for the "you might end up with developpers that never played pre-renewal", I never hired a developer, and I won't start with this server. I did VisionRO 100% by myself (in terms of coding).

Styx

Yes, I did not mean your server developper but the developpers of rathena.

CrimsonRed

Pano

Not going to be ready for the holidays unfortunately. I'll keep you guys updated. Server name will be Triad-RO. So if you see something with that name, go check it out! :)

Slightly Intoxicated

Yo. This ain't finished yet? Sooo fed up with the servers I play at the moment, one is full of zerging Pinoys while the other is really good but very unstable and laggy.

/hmm

Pano

No, it is not. I've been on the road most of the holidays so it didn't get all that far other then discussions and planning. The web, forum, cp and mod-less server are up and running. Promo video is being worked on. Most features have been discussed and while get public as time goes. Still figuring out which feature will be there on launch and which will get worked on as we go.

If you wanna stay posted, follow the forum news: http://forum.triad-ro.com/