AnthemRO = NO CHANGE.

Started by revealer, Feb 25, 2008, 06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revealer

The truth is, AnthemRO is no different than where it came from. Only difference? No harken.

Felix Kastner AKA Therm AKA Talis is the new owner. Pretty much no new GMs. Isuzu = Laeryn, Adrift = Retina, Olympus = Gene AKA Xennith, etc. Do not fall for the scam that this is a new server, because it is EXACTLY the same. The website is even the same, as well as the game server.

If you are looking for an unbalanced, deceptive, unoriginal, outdated server... Come to Anthem.

Ashe

Jeeze, people still talk about this?
edited

Zone

You fail, horribly, I enjoy that server the most out of every server I have been on.
Btw, they actually do their jobs.

phranxis

Quote from: Zone on Feb 26, 2008, 01:47 AM
You fail, horribly, I enjoy that server the most out of every server I have been on.
Btw, they actually do their jobs.

yeah, you have it on your sig

mark_sanbeda

hey i like your site it looked so professional  8)

revealer

@Zone. The only worthwhile GM who does a good job would be Denia.

Basically, you don't advertise a "new" server when its not new. That, my friend is deceptive. Felix has also stolen Debbie's original message on the homepage. Harken stole it as well.

And usually at a good server there aren't hundreds of bots, all 99'd trans'd players, a donation system that sells MVP cards for 17$. And don't even got me started on the crappiest economy ever, and how Anthem has the most unbalanced classes ever. AnthemRO is extremely outdated. The GMs claim they need the complete code to upgrade, but the truth is Aegis isn't complete because the platform itself is just pieces of the code. Logically, how have they ever upgraded? They are nearly 2 - 4 episodes behind eAthena servers, and almost 5 episodes behind kRO. So, if the GMs need the complete code to upgrade, then they should really downgrade since Aegis isn't a complete code.

MWright967

This is why everyone needs to come to Wright RO XD. With a professional 24/7 staff, lovely customs, and friendly community....Not bragging, but to be honest, I can almost guarantee that you will make our server your home :P.

*COUGH COUGH COUGH*

Ahem. Back on topic......

Please do the community and favor and cease all talk of Anima RO and Anthem RO. This is old news. If people want to play the server, let them. If they don't, then you shouldn't be the one to decide for them.

Zone

Quote from: revealer on Feb 26, 2008, 08:40 AM
Denia works up front, that is all you see. If you knew what Isuzu and Talis do and how they have to go through logs to make sure they are not making mistakes, then you wouldn't be complaining.
Basically, you don't advertise a "new" server when its not new. That, my friend is deceptive. Felix has also stolen Debbie's original message on the homepage. Harken stole it as well.
Legally, Harken owned it, after Debbie died all her parents won was websites not including AnimaRO
And usually at a good server there aren't hundreds of bots, all 99'd trans'd players, a donation system that sells MVP cards for 17$. And don't even got me started on the crappiest economy ever, and how Anthem has the most unbalanced classes ever. AnthemRO is extremely outdated. The GMs claim they need the complete code to upgrade, but the truth is Aegis isn't complete because the platform itself is just pieces of the code. Logically, how have they ever upgraded? They are nearly 2 - 4 episodes behind eAthena servers, and almost 5 episodes behind kRO. So, if the GMs need the complete code to upgrade, then they should really downgrade since Aegis isn't a complete code.1. I was never a 99 trans. 2. Bots are reported and yes, bots are everywhere, you would have to be an idiot to think no one bots on other servers. 3. At a low rate, yes, mvp cards are sold, and I think it is a good idea for my own reasons. 4. Aegis emulator is no longer supported, so yes, they have to hand code every last thing so their work with Aegis. 5. Yes, they are out of date, and it is still fun, otherwise there wouldn't be 900+ players online for WoE. They updated when Black Talon was on the server. I have even tinkered with the idea about discussing with Talis, making an eAthena server that is up to date so they can handle the updating without the stress of users leaving the server. They have hired 4 new GMs atleast to help with the server, 1 for coding, and 3 for support tickets, forum reports and such. Keep in mind, it is only Talis and Yuri who are coding the entire server, and before, it was only Talis.

revealer

4 new GMs? Gm Fidelis... GM kairiya.. do they count as 2 each?  :-\

Zone

GM String, and Yuber *my mistake for calling him Yuri*
Though, String may be old, I haven't ever seen him on forums or in game, so I dunno.

revealer

Yuber isn't a GM, hes an "aegis administrator". GM String IS old. So lets see we have + 2 new GMs and  - 1 old one (Rurik). Thats averages out to +1 new GM, not +4. Nice try, though.

Zone

Yuber is an admin, ok, so a admin is a game master.
GM String hasn't been active, so I don't consider him a gm until he started being active.
2 newer GMs were added, Fidelis and Kairiya. Which is Rurik?

Keep in mind,they were following Harken's rules back then, not Talis's.
Also keep in mind that there is a rule about making topics about anima/anthemRO, because of the flaming.

Ansuz Isaz

I was about to mention what Zone said. o.o Isn't this technically talking about AnimaRO, since we're saying AnthemRO is more or less the same as AnimaRO? [ I won't deny it, but the fact that we're talking about AnimaRO stands. ]

Personally, I have to agree that at the very least, the mechanics, donation system, and various other things are the same. xD New management CAN make a large difference, however. =P From what I've seen, AnthemRO wasn't doing that bad of a job. I don't personally enjoy the donation system, but that's why I'm simply not playing it, which saves time on everyone's behalf. xD

I REALLY think people should start accepting the old fashion statement of, "The Past is the Past." I really can't say that you'd be able to tell too clearly about deception. If you've got evidence of this, please inform me. I believe it's even said that they've branched off of AnimaRO, so it's not as if they're lying and telling you they're completely new. Just a new server in the literal sense, and under new management. =P

Things weren't too pretty in their past. xD Oh well. It doesn't look horrible right now, and as for the other things that relate to the server's out-dated, unbalanced [ to some degree, you have to accept that donations kind of kill balance against non-donators. xD ] nature... well, I can guarantee you every intelligent player who joins is probably aware of this to some degree. If THEY can deal with the donation and the lack of updates, and the server itself is pretty stable, then shouldn't they be left in piece until you can legitimately say something worth darkening their name for?

Raruri

Geeze, I come here getting ready to make a thread asking about some good low rates other than aRO, and I find this garbage.
Who cares who the staff are? As long as they do their damned job, everything should be cool. Stop starting pointless drama and find something more entertaining or worthwhile to do. This s*** got old 3 months after the tRO split, and your basically trying to bring some lame topic back from the dead. (ie. AnimaRO = LIES!!!) Get over it and find a new server to play. Nobody cares anymore, obviously.

Now to make my thread.

Johnsu89

Quote from: revealer on Feb 26, 2008, 08:40 AM

And usually at a good server there aren't hundreds of bots, all 99'd trans'd players, a donation system that sells MVP cards for 17$. And don't even got me started on the crappiest economy ever, and how Anthem has the most unbalanced classes ever. AnthemRO is extremely outdated. The GMs claim they need the complete code to upgrade, but the truth is Aegis isn't complete because the platform itself is just pieces of the code. Logically, how have they ever upgraded? They are nearly 2 - 4 episodes behind eAthena servers, and almost 5 episodes behind kRO. So, if the GMs need the complete code to upgrade, then they should really downgrade since Aegis isn't a complete code.

Looks like your just mad because you got your hand caught in the cookie jar. Also, Mvps[The decent ones any] are not $17, rather $27.

Mind telling us who you are there?
I dont play RO anymore.

Winnin813

Any server that's massively donation dependent screams out "Noob!" at me.

DeePee

Meh, old ranting is old.

Who cares if there's a donation system?
People complaining that "it's not the way RO should be played" should think again. Donation items just give a different playing style and you can like it or not, that choice is up to you, but don't go complain about it.
Sure, donators have an advantage over non-donators, but with the donations being made, the ad credits aren't overly expensive there anymore. With some effort, you can easily acquire donation items as a non-donator. If you're not willing to make that effort, then join a High Rate server. Easy as that.

Mewi

It's just AnimaRO with a 'fancy' name, no matter what way you look at it... So just like TalonRO ( more AnimaRO spawn ) you are going to have a staff that will lie/cheat and pretend to act professional but there will always be an alternative motive behind it.   You know why?  Because that is how they were trained.

Harken not the owner anymore?  Don't be so sure,  the thing is with AnimaRO spawn, you get conspiracy piled on conspiracy that is covered up with another conspiracy then that conspiracy is considered the lie in order to be used to to distract and appease the public from the truth of the original conspiracy.

Sorry Zone you may feel the need to defend against this, but there is just to many things for me to ignore that comes from AnimaRO and AnimaRO spawn.

MWright967

I honestly don't get this..... There was a sever named AnimaRO. It is now gone. The people who owned and operated it scattered out and made more Anima-like servers. Big f*** deal? Who gives a s***. If people want to play the server, let them play, and if they don't, then you shouldn't be the one to tell them otherwise. Stop lambasting a server just because it did some stupid thing to you. Who cares, let others find out for themselves if they are so inclined.

Get over it.

Please lock this topic.

Mewi

Quote from: MWright967 on Mar 02, 2008, 11:54 AM
I honestly don't get this..... There was a sever named AnimaRO. It is now gone. The people who owned and operated it scattered out and made more Anima-like servers. Big f*** deal? Who gives a s***. If people want to play the server, let them play, and if they don't, then you shouldn't be the one to tell them otherwise. Stop lambasting a server just because it did some stupid thing to you. Who cares, let others find out for themselves if they are so inclined.

Get over it.

Please lock this topic.

Everyone is permitted to give their opinion about a server, to say that we can't just because 'they did something stupid to us in the past' is absolutely ridiculous...  And if AnimaRO staff spawn weren't as sketchy and untrustworthy I wouldn't be here warning people about servers that have spawned from it...

Honestly,  their staff are all trained liars... I have yet to meet one that is not finding one or more things to lie about.  And really it's generally over the dumbest of things you could think of.  For example Me: "I think you were in sovereign if I remember right"  Fae ( Aka GM-Faith ):  "OMG NO I WASNT WTF" Then I show a screenshot Fae: "oh yeah i was in it for a couple days"  Then I show him a few screenshots from different dates...  he emos out and leaves the iRC channel lol.

MWright967

Quote from: Mewi on Mar 02, 2008, 03:30 PM

Get over it.

Please lock this topic.

Everyone is permitted to give their opinion about a server, to say that we can't just because 'they did something stupid to us in the past' is absolutely ridiculous...  And if AnimaRO staff spawn weren't as sketchy and untrustworthy I wouldn't be here warning people about servers that have spawned from it...

Honestly,  their staff are all trained liars... I have yet to meet one that is not finding one or more things to lie about.  And really it's generally over the dumbest of things you could think of.  For example Me: "I think you were in sovereign if I remember right"  Fae ( Aka GM-Faith ):  "OMG NO I WASNT WTF" Then I show a screenshot Fae: "oh yeah i was in it for a couple days"  Then I show him a few screenshots from different dates...  he emos out and leaves the iRC channel lol.

Because we know how much creating meaningless flame topics about the same server multiple times helps people out so much.

Heres an idea, perhaps if you just shut the f*** up about AnimaRO this crap wouldn't start in the first place?

I repeat. Please lock this topic and lets move on, again.

Zone

=.= More flames on anima/anthemRO after they have already established the rules against posting about them.

MrrgleCaek

As much as I hate malcontents existing in the world as any other, what is stating the same thing over and over going to change? It...really hasn't done a thing constantly making posts about how er, "evil", these people are (although the thing about the GM going all emo kinda sounds funny).
And...doesn't AnthemRO itself state it directly is AnimaRO brought back?
And yes, everyone is entitled about their own opinion, it's just, people get really tired of hearing the same thing said over, and over, and over...

Mewi

Quote from: MWright967 on Mar 02, 2008, 03:42 PM
Quote from: Mewi on Mar 02, 2008, 03:30 PM

Get over it.

Please lock this topic.

Because we know how much creating meaningless flame topics about the same server multiple times helps people out so much.

Heres an idea, perhaps if you just shut the f*** up about AnimaRO this crap wouldn't start in the first place?

I repeat. Please lock this topic and lets move on, again.

I'd hardly call stating facts 'meaningless flame topics' in fact, the only one doing the senseless  aggressive talk and vulgar language which I can define as unnecessary usage would be you sir.   The past of course will always reflect the outcome of the future, you can't really say that covering the past of dodgey and corrupted activities is not accomplishing anything, it helps notify people to stay away from this and that server.  The only reason why I post here is to reflect on those not so good deeds so that it would discourage other players from joining that server and any server of relation.

Zone

Every server has it's bad parts. Anima/Anthem had theirs but I still like Anima/AnthemRO the most out of all the servers I have played on. (ScytheRO being no.2)

AceJay

Hahaha, I can't believe there is still s*** being talked.

How incredibly like RMS.

And lol @ WrightRO, I knew your ego would name the server.

Ressy

*Stalks AceJay* I'd love to see that rule about AnimaRO lol, ill siggy that s***.

MWright967

Quote from: AceJay on Mar 03, 2008, 01:08 AM

How incredibly like RMS.

1. Yes I do have an ego. And proud of it.

2. Whats wrong with naming my server after myself? I host it. I pay for it. I run it. I script it. I do 99% of the stuff for it, and I should be able to call it whatever I want for all of the work I put into it.

3. I see you haven't grown any balls since last we met, or you would have been well over this now.

4. Before you criticize, try coming on and seeing what its like. I can guarantee we have a higher and more active, not to mention FRIENDLIER community than uhhh, ''crimson moon ro''. And hell, we've only been around a bit over a week.

Back on topic............

Stop the flame war. Lock the thread.

Pow

Quote from: MWright967 on Mar 03, 2008, 07:41 AM
Quote from: AceJay on Mar 03, 2008, 01:08 AM

How incredibly like RMS.

1. Yes I do have an ego. And proud of it.

2. Whats wrong with naming my server after myself? I host it. I pay for it. I run it. I script it. I do 99% of the stuff for it, and I should be able to call it whatever I want for all of the work I put into it.

3. I see you haven't grown any balls since last we met, or you would have been well over this now.

4. Before you criticize, try coming on and seeing what its like. I can guarantee we have a higher and more active, not to mention FRIENDLIER community than uhhh, ''crimson moon ro''. And hell, we've only been around a bit over a week.

Back on topic............

Stop the flame war. Lock the thread.

You call to "Stop the flame war", yet you do it yourself - as clearly outlined in the quoted box above. Once I read back over this topic - all people who have flamed will be slapped with a warning according to their offences and number of times they have offended.

Topic Locked.
Divided we stand, together we fall.
There isn't any god that can save us all
So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
There is no belief in this promised land