Another inter-server tournament

Started by hexzerg, Oct 24, 2010, 09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should ratemyserver.net have another inter-server tournament?

Yes
19 (86.4%)
No
2 (9.1%)
Maybe
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: Nov 23, 2010, 08:33 PM

adhelle

No need to correct, you're right. On tourments you get the necessary stuff in a click. Although on some tourments I've seen you can also get additional stuff through BG, usually opened only a couple of hours before WoE starts or through cash points.

Immortal

The Tourney that was hosted on Feel RO had NPC that you got to choose your eqiups from a set list of items.  You could have limited qty form each area (upper, mid, lower, armor, left hand, right hand, garmet, shoes, and accessories).  There were also cards available in the same format, predetermined list of cards ava.  All items were COMMON WoE equips.  There were also NPCs where you could get limited number of a predetermined list of consumables.  As I remember all were locked to the person once chosen, no trading stuff around.

Personally I find the thought of having cash points ava to get better/different gears disgusting.  Cant stand someone being able to buy an advantage...

Warock

I agree in event people might not have time to hunt for items To get it items it should be easy real fun in an event is always woe
My guild has joined the event to become world champions in the ragnarok world have you? Click here know more

l2ue

The main problem with all of this is that FeelRO was the only server to successfully implement a offensive and defensive rating to keep track of a guild's performance in WoE. Managing server resources to provide a lagless environment, planning the event to make sure people actually show up, scripting the preparation NPCs and WoE System, and tracking guild performance are all major obstacles.

Unless we have someone here who know how to handle the server-coding and develop a algorithm for the rating, it wouldn't be easy to identify the winner.

"The school of the undefeated East!"
"The winds of the king!"
"Look! The East is burning red!"

Cheese Time

Not to brag, or anything like that

but to what l2ue said on someone who could do that, im pretty sure Sho could, he gets way into that.

Signify

Was there a guild size limit when FeelRO did it?
It'd be handy to have a copy of the rules/equips etc they used to help in recreating a similar type event.

Warock

Cant YC contact the original event maker get a copy of it?
My guild has joined the event to become world champions in the ragnarok world have you? Click here know more

Tom~

The original "event maker" was FeelRO's admin. He's gone. He simply... vanished.

Not possible.

I think it's a good idea, though. Maybe the admins of certain WoE servers could help out.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Immortal

Quote from: Signify on Jun 05, 2011, 12:25 AM
It'd be handy to have a copy of the rules/equips etc they used to help in recreating a similar type event.

hmmm, I thought the guild size limit was reduced... but, when I asked a friend he said that it was the standard 76 characters.  Wow, really not helpful :P

Personally I would think that limiting it to a bit smaller guild and no alliances would make it more fun, if it was to be FE.  If it was SE then I like 76 and no alliances.

Cubano

Quote from: Immortal on Jun 07, 2011, 03:05 AM
Quote from: Signify on Jun 05, 2011, 12:25 AM

hmmm, I thought the guild size limit was reduced... but, when I asked a friend he said that it was the standard 76 characters.  Wow, really not helpful :P

Personally I would think that limiting it to a bit smaller guild and no alliances would make it more fun, if it was to be FE.  If it was SE then I like 76 and no alliances.

SE pls kthx.

rip deityRO

leokimah

A lot has changed since 2009 so completely copying the idea of FeelRO will end up a disaster.

Look at known WoE servers like standartRO, gwRO and the idea of visionROv2 as an example.

FE? LOL

SE or do not do it at all.

kochiro

I have an idea regarding everything but scripting may take time, actually talking to extremeRO staff but currently they're busy with the server so yeah. Although the servers can actually talk with each other to host a major interserver tournament and just get ads going for all the servers imo.

Warock