Another inter-server tournament

Started by hexzerg, Oct 24, 2010, 09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should ratemyserver.net have another inter-server tournament?

Yes
19 (86.4%)
No
2 (9.1%)
Maybe
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: Nov 23, 2010, 08:33 PM

hexzerg

Ratemyserver.net had an inter-server tournament for 2009 but what about 2010? We should have another one to bring in the 2010year. Anyone agreeing with me? I hope they do!  :D

yC

We are passive here.  I think I answered this before. 

Organizers can approach us with a well planned proposal and we will decide if we can help with the publicity.  Preferably the proposal can focus on the event itself rather than for the publicity of a specific server.  That is usually the reason we reject a proposal or without a proposal.  Feedback from the last event told us the coverage includes "Feel RO" was unfair to other servers.  We too understand organizing the event is a huge project and not taking some advantage is kind of hard for anybody.  So we'll see what / who approach us.

I am sorry the current resource of RMS does not have access to scripters, planners, helpers etc that will organize the event alone.

adhelle

I moved Lumina from hosts recently and I have my last host as a spare dedicated server that is on my hands until november 14th which is when it dues and will be canceled. I could offer that to host the event if it's enough to handle such an influx of interserver players and offer a client that connects to it and it would even have bot and wpe protection from harmony for the event. I just need to ask sirius if he allows me doing that.
Unfortunately I don't have time to organize the whole event and script the necessary stuff for it. All I could do at most is to setup a temporary flux panel for the registering, since that's pretty quick.
I'm not sure if this is helpful at all and I'm also not sure if it's viable organizing, preparing and advertising such an event so quickly since I'll have the host for this short time. But if someone thinks this can help and he/she can organize a team I don't see why not making a proposal to yC.

Warock

Managing Event need a great amount of Skilled and experienced persons I think RMs had conducted one past from the feedbacks they would correct and move onto this year events I think RMs can tie up with some Ragnarok hosting company or companys  and some representatives from top ros make a panel or team then excute the event I think RMS can do it Its just taking about intiative but on the other side it has its own risk of performing the event in fair manner As far as i see some ROs have really good professional staff ,I support adhelle in this case adhele has been matured in the comments and fair all time TOp ro are ranked top because they are indeed fair and have good staffs   
My guild has joined the event to become world champions in the ragnarok world have you? Click here know more

Warock

like the idea of hosting company sponsoring
My guild has joined the event to become world champions in the ragnarok world have you? Click here know more

Judgement

I just want an inter-server WoE.  Missed the last one, so really hope another WoE pops up so I can join in.
Super Smash Brothers 64!

Warock

Scribbles

I'd be glad to join in If we did it this year... although, I wouldn't be able to gather my own guild, I'll probably have to join someone else's

yC

I think getting the experts to setup the event is the hard part.

Wish I got a copy of what feel ro was running back a year or so ago :(

Warock

Yes according to me hosting companies do have bunch of scripters which can be used either ways they use RMS for their paid services they can give back a little to RMS in this way

adhelle

how many participated on 2009 edition?

Pano

I could potentially work out the script if I wasn't 20 days away from opening my server. It would be all that hard, I'd pull off the scripting in a week or so (considering my server is nearly a inter-server setup in the first place, few tweaks and it would be good). After my server launch, if it's running smoothly and I have spare time to invest in such a project, I'll propose something.

Judgement

Super Smash Brothers 64!

Warock

THis was always my dream i tried really to push hard for it
but never worked
Miss it  :'(
As iam leaving i think i cant be part of it any more

MeowyMeow

So Justin, I'm assuming; stuff like:

- 48 Guild Member capacity
- Item sellers such like Armors/Weapons/Shields/Accessories/Garments/Shoes, with the items that people use most for WoE? And as such, BG armors, and items that people use for WoE in 2010.
- Armor Enchanters
- WoE supplies NPC, such like an autobuy NPC, you just gotta setup what supplies you want via the NPC , and such.
- WoE Cards NPC?
- Instant 99/70 NPC?