AnimaRO - Great server or GREATEST server?

Started by AxeGunner, Jul 11, 2007, 03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emeralda

My previous post was meant to be sarcastic. Maybe I just wrote it badly so it wasn't understood.

If you think about it, aRO is a mid rate server. Not for the rates, but because of the easiness in leveling with such easily available mvp cards and god items. A decently (for aRO standards) equipped monk that knows what he's doing could hit 99 in one day.

Illisuun

Quote from: BRabbit on Jul 12, 2007, 03:35 AM
MVP cards are available from MVPs, 0.02%. Have fun hunting for at least three of them so you can have a chance...

Or you could look through prontera and buy one of the 3 Phreeoni, 3 Turtle General, 2 Doppelganger, or any number of other MVP cardsvailable in player shops at the time of this post.

Seriously, you don't know what you're talking about. Any player can get access to MVP gear, donating or not. I have other issues with gear availability on the server, but the MVP card availability is not a problem.

Krystalx

Yes it is, how many times have we said it ........
You SHOULDNT have MVP cards like jellopies .... just because everyone can have'em doesnt make it right.

Pandora

Just the title of this post was biased to begin with. And of course the word Anima is enough to gather all the lovers and haters of that server.

Why people still post on RMS to promote Anima is beyond me, face it, the majority of the people on this board are not fans of that particular servers, it only brings multiple pages of drama. If you enjoy it, good for you, go play? ^_^ They have enough players to not need advertising XD
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Jayne Cobb

Quote from: Pandora on Jul 12, 2007, 05:00 PM
Just the title of this post was biased to begin with.
lol, most people on this forum don't know who Stephen Colbert is.

Its a joke, really. Stephen would ask a guy he's interviewing if George Bush is a great president or the greatest president. As a joke since Bush really isn't a good president. The title made me chuckle /heh

Skotlex

Quote from: Krystalx on Jul 12, 2007, 03:29 PM
Yes it is, how many times have we said it ........
You SHOULDNT have MVP cards like jellopies .... just because everyone can have'em doesnt make it right.
If MVP cards start becoming even remotely common among players, then a good deal of them need to be adjusted/toned down or else it is easy for things to get unbalanced.

(RMS reviews)

Elements

I'd just like to add this in.. but the most I've ever donated is about 60$.. And I have four characters fully SQI'd/Gear'd out.

Reason for my donation, is because I support Anima, I like the way things are run, and I don't believe the GM's are "Nazi" in anyway..
As a matter of fact, I've talked to a few GMs in game on occasion, and they're always very nice to me, and any other players, too, I'm sure.

People may donate thousands and get rich quick; But don't be so hasty in saying "Only donators will be top tier", I don't donate, and I'm relatively well geared..

Just felt like adding that.

Transcend

You gave them 60dollars,why wouldn t they be nice?
well id be nice to you even with 0 dollars
now put urself in this position
u can t donate AT ALL,you get owned all the time..it s not funny for you
Why?
you don t have an SQI
Now try talking to a gm ;)

AxeGunner

I can understand where every single one of you are coming from.  It's your decision not to play anima.  I completely understand.  Please don't be immature and post slander about myself and others that play only as players.  I and others enjoy our stay, and if you work with friends, you can share equips (I did this on higher levels.).

I'd just like to point out three things.
1) I would never get appointed as an admin on AnimaRO.  I've posted nsfw on the boards on multiple occasions, have been threatened to be banned, and also have a few of the admins hate me. (I don't know why, for the most part, I know they do, they just don't say anything directly.  Oh well.)

2) The GMs do all of their advertising themselves.  Look at the Tynne (Sorry buddy, but it's a good example /sob) incident.  He changed it to go towards his new server after some things which I don't really know happened.  The GMs imo probably don't want to risk player advertisings other than the "Tell your friends to join" and such.

3) I've played for a while, and I also have played many servers.  I currently have 4 installed right now, and I'm primarily playing SeRO, AnimaRO, and DeathGodRO.  The other server needs kRO, which I need to clear up some more hard drive space to install.

Edit: The title was meant for s*** and giggles.  Lurk moar.

SecondWhoaDamnEdit:
Quote from: yC on Jul 11, 2007, 05:54 PM
i was just surprised by this

130$ to hide the fact that you wear Lord Kaho's horns...

I rarely see THAT as a donation on servers, and people who actually need one of those are total losers ... Anima truly understand what the internet emo kids needs and feed them the right thing.  Way to go for farming $$$ out of kids' e-penisland...

no comment.
That's extremely misleading.  To BUY LKH and "disguise" them, you need $130.  Customizing a non-customized kaho is $30.  Re customizing is a lot less.

Nobody "hides" their kahos.  If you actually played the server at where it is now, then you'd know that anyone who's been in PvP more than 5 times or WoE's automatically assumes that the person is wearing kahos.  I know I do.  I know a lot of other players do.  If I see a player in WoE or PvP, I don't try to see if they're wearing kahos, I assume everyone does.  I just asked one of my friends as well.

[02:02:59] <AxeGunner> How many of you during WoE or PvP assume the player has kahos before attacking him/her?
[02:03:47] <Illisuun> I pretty much assume everyone does

Kaho changes are made for fun, since a lot of people have them.  It makes each player distinct while still letting them keep their stats from the kahos, for a nominal fee, xD.

Also, concerning the timing of both Illi and my's threads, Illi actually had the original idea.  I'm just sick of this crap that keeps flying around.  A lot of it just turns into mis-information, because each person flings it to the next, making it seem more juicy or something.  While criticism is always welcome by anyone with a level head, and no server can be perfect, this is just beyond dumb.
His name was [deXter], not dexter.

:(

bl4dez

good server if u like to just sit and chat with people

pvp  is very unbalance

alot of scammers

Emeralda

Pandora

Quote from: Jayne Cobb on Jul 12, 2007, 05:08 PM
Quote from: Pandora on Jul 12, 2007, 05:00 PM
Just the title of this post was biased to begin with.
lol, most people on this forum don't know who Stephen Colbert is.

Its a joke, really. Stephen would ask a guy he's interviewing if George Bush is a great president or the greatest president. As a joke since Bush really isn't a good president. The title made me chuckle /heh
Ah I see, sorry I didn't get the joke, no idea who Stephen Colbert is.. but you gotta admit taken as it is the title sounds biased lol
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

BRabbit

Quote from: Emeralda on Jul 13, 2007, 07:39 AM
Maybe a bit of history (especially from the former GMs about Harken):

> Faith <
> Calbee <
> Shia <
> Delphine <
> Black Talon <
The point of this thread was to tell how much AnimaRO sucks, ignoring the corrupt past. The thread started wanted it to be that way.

When I was server searching, I skipped AnimaRO because of its donation rewards. I didn't want to play in such a horrible LR server with MVP cards for cash. Whenever I chose a LR server (i'm on my sixth server right now) I look at its donation page first. I don't donate, so I want to see if I will have a chance against others. In AnimaRO, that isn't the case. It's a good server for people that want to spend thousands of dollars on their equipment. For others, it's no good.

Quote from: AxeGunner on Jul 13, 2007, 02:51 AM
Kaho changes are made for fun, since a lot of people have them.  It makes each player distinct while still letting them keep their stats from the kahos, for a nominal fee, xD.
Everyone has a customized Kaho, because every other headgear in the game sucks. Lord Kaho's horns are the only headgear ever worth using. That's why they do the customizing. There's no reason to hunt any other headgear. Their stats are bad compared to the Kahos. No reason to get them for looks because you can customize Kahos.

Quote from: AxeGunner on Jul 13, 2007, 02:51 AM
While criticism is always welcome by anyone with a level head, and no server can be perfect, this is just beyond dumb.
All threads so far have been about corruption in AnimaRO. This thread is not. This thread is about the donation rewards being so overpowered the non donators have no chance. It's really wrong for a low rate server.

Transcend

what if they don t have a donnation page?

Raruri

I was always against the implementing of the Ad Shop(although I am guilty of using it myself).

There are players who actually work hard for a majority of their items on the server, such as their SQIs etc.
They achieve this by spending weeks farming in Niffleheim and Odin's Temple etc. (although Odin farmers abuse the warmth glitch).

I will say some of the GMs are bias to certain things (their reasons I won't list because I might get a kick in the face for it.), However, They do their best to get things done and make the server fun for everyone. I will say the PvP scene is garbage for the most part, since a majority of people in there feel they have the right to be elitist, and that majority are usually strictly donaters, and bought their characters,gears,etc. The WoE scene is always fun,and always crowded. The majority of the community is friendly, I suggest new players to socialize in south prontera field and make themselves known on the forums, its a good way to make lots of friends and good connections. Hell I made my first fortune by becoming known, and getting loans from merchant buddies. Anyway, aRO isn't 100% corrupted, there is around 40% less lag and the community has improved somewhat. All in all I give aRO a 7/10 these days, its great, but could be better. Some things could be added, and others done away with, however, I think its unfair to call it corrupted, and horrible, etc etc.

Sorry if I'm all over the place, I'm running on 3 hours of sleep and just got back from work a lil bit ago  :P