Anima dramas

Started by passengerA, Mar 13, 2007, 05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

passengerA

-- All below are personal opinion on a play side of view --
-- I, thus, declare my innocence and respect to all people for my intension are not accusing any1 but to raise awareness. --

I made this individual post because I know more people like me who take no side on this drama.

I was frustrated that the series of unfortunated inccidents happened on anima.  I do think anima was a good server since i got back to ro some months ago.  I found it rather amusing in this real life ownship drama show (after i filled my boredom with reading the related posts. googling on anima's stories, enjoying and laughing at both sides.  ;D)

I. There isnt a righteous person serving in a pirates ship.
To you who think justices should be served because one "hijacked" the server right, and do not be deceived by the excuses of both sides over this "Jihad style" of revenge.  Come to your sense! No private server of RO is illegal.  Not only the owner of the server broke the law, you and including me, we all broke the law by cooperating in hacking/making illegal modification on RO so that you can play on private servers (except if you are in countries that has no copyright laws or any ro fanchizes.)  Basically, you have done no difference than pirating a copyrighted song/movie.

II. Open your eyes, all these slamming on -- who has done wrong, or even who has done worse -- carps really are garbages.
Even if Person B proves the Person C is incapable, it does not guarantee B is capable of finish up the job becaues the job has yet to be done.  Who ever claimed that they made you, the players, suffered out of their love to the server, its population and for the respect of players ... trust only half a percent.  If they truely value the players over their own (both monetorial and emotional) benefits, all these attacks wont happen and Harken would not take over the server without a mutural agreement with the team.  No matter how beautifully both sides polishes this, it is a hack.  Both sides are hacking on the database since no legal writtern words on whom the database is inherred.  (If there is any, please make known.  Thanks.  Notice that even the parents do not have the right on the information containing in the server legally in USA.  They merely have the ownership of the hardware.  To make it simple, if you are a 18 yr old.  And you wrote a letter using your dad and mom's paper, stamps and envolope, your dad and mom still do not have the right to read your letter without your permission even though they are the owner of the materials.  If you do not believe my claim ask your local post office.  When the owner changes, the companies would usually acknowledge this to the users and tell them basically means that if you continue using their service, you automatically agree with their new contract and policies.)  Here, it is just a matter of fact that Harken got a hold of server and crowned himself before the others do.

III. Donations and Ad credits.
I love this idea and it is also the root of the problem.  Donations keeps the server alive, the GM paid, the service to be continued.  Ad makes people save their time on farming in RO.  It is a business protocal.  The imbalanced because of Donation?  I wont deny this, but you are in a real world just like that.  Besides, you can get all these donated items in game without spending any of your real money.  That is the economy.  Dont b**** about it.  Because there are many people like me farm zenies to buy Ad credits too.  That means just spend your time and learn the economy.  It is a 10 yr old popular game, there has been a lot of posts telling people how to earn zenies and these do not get paid for doing it.  (Thank you generously players. /thx)  Besides, one can donate even you live in other countries anyway -- paypal is international.  Stop hiding over excuses, get a part time job and enjoy your real life moreA game is only a game. 

IV. Corrupted GM's and a dying Server.
/yawn let's leave this alone, it cant be fixed until it is no more.  People can say what ever they want and promise what ever they think they can lure your in, but remember, these are yet to come. Whether anima would die soon or not, this business is making a profit more than for it to survive.  And undenialable, anima's the major success is because it opens this ad system and you do not see much private server have more than 2K of population.  Now, it will close down because of financial reseason when the players leave the servers for an extensive long enough of time that have no new blood to flow into this server.  That is what BT and Calbee are trying to achieve becaues they correctly recognize this matter.

V. Would Gravity actually come after the private server owners?
Maybe, but getting lawsuit is a troublesome work.  Think about who can cover these lawyer fees and still be profitable? Only the lawyer themselves.  Since RO first came out in 97, have you ever heard any private server was sued by Gravity in all its franchized nations?  It still do not mean you can pirate it.

(* Darn, i actually spend like 1 hour to type up all these and in case you did read it to here, i have you a big thanks.  :P   It is the spring break without gaming /sigh *)

VI. Wise investors keep their opinions open.
This I would say, play them both and evaluate yourselves, because it is your matter, your time and your investment.
Competition promotes improvements since no one is big enough to overcome fully on each other in a short fashion. How great is this, both sides have your equipments to start with.

Thank you for putting up this show, I am loving it  >:( really loving   :(

A

shane3x

You do make a very good point, but your opinion is leaning towards hating animaro.

cant be bothered going through them all but heres one quote.

QuoteThat is what BT and Calbee are trying to achieve becaues they correctly recognize this matter.

In Memory of AnimaRO...

May it's legacy live on in AnthemRO!

Krystalx

Quote from: passengerA on Mar 13, 2007, 05:54 AM
you do not see much private server have more than 2K of population.  Now, it will close down because of financial reseason when the players leave the servers for an extensive long enough of time that have no new blood to flow into this server.  That is what BT and Calbee are trying to achieve becaues they correctly recognize this matter.
I play in a 400 people server and I gotta say it's way funnier than 2k people, quality over quantity.
350 good people and 50 not so good/jerks/whatever is way better than 100 good people, 1600 blind & manipulated and 300 just godly full of SQIs. It's probably not exactly like that but you get the point.
Also it's inbalance is 'coz MVP cards and SQIs were NOT MEANT to be common, that's why most donation servers like this one suxs (not just aRO, all those were u donate and turn godly), it ruins the game to have 8 mvp cards on you, not only ur strong but EVERYONE has godly stuff that they werent suposed to have = boring, stupid, sucks.

Emeralda

Gah, all topics to which I could merge it are locked so I'm locking this one as well instead. Rules from above - only one aRO topic at a time here.