AmethystRO, the best new low rate server ever?

Started by mikka, Dec 13, 2007, 11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikka

Hi, I am Mikka, as some of you know I own a server called "AmethystRO" the server had opened only few weeks ago and is now hiting the limits with our 15-20 player WoE, having to start this server I only advertised on one site and that was Ratemyserver, I realised how fast my server start to grow within its first week. We had 11 people online on our first WoE where 2 guilds fought bravely and particiated in a nice and friendly WoE with some hatrege to each other, but in the end they both liked it. I soon realised this is my first succesful server, we had 12 ratemyserver reviews already without bribary or any of that crap that they give you, we simply asked people to vote and instead they commented on RMS, within 2 days of reset on gamesites200 we had raised our self to number 23 , with 5-6 online thats awesome as I say. I am looking foward to this and hope my server grows and has many more fun and friendly people, I love all my players I treat all of them the same.

Mikka-
Foreign wild.

Skotlex

Hmm, either you are lucky, or you found the secret sauce for server success*! It only took me 3 years to get 10 players online at peak times :B'

*forever and after to be referenced as the S4.

(RMS reviews)

mikka

Skotlex, your server is lovely, it doesn't matter how many you got online, its the enviorment -- I meet every player I can , welcome them and etc and thats the good party, players become your new friends, 3 years uptime is awesome , hopefully this WoE on Saturday will be with 20 on >:D
Foreign wild.

Skotlex

I was about to mention how you shouldn't hijack someone else's thread like that until I notice you were the thread starter :B Thanks for the kind words, I wish I had time to play more RO.. whenever I do, all I see is new people :o (which is kinda cool because then I can play in peace without being assaulted with RO related questions).

About your S4, you must be a lovely person to have such an easiness at gathering a faithful following :B

(RMS reviews)

Zone

He is a great person, I checked out his server and everyone I talk to has a great mood about the server and Mikka.

mikka

Thank You,  for the comments guys, I now also got a new domain name,  amethystro.com and for that I must thank GM Leo a.k.a Mike from SerenityRO Staff and his Magistar Networks Company for free webhost and my hoster grenadecx also for free dedicated linux server host ^_~  don't know what I'd do without those guys >.>.

@ Zarik -- You probarly wanna strangle me right now, sorry if I ripped some name of the topic, I thought it'd be okay since you got the ebst high rate , I wanted let people think whats on their mind about my low rate.

Mikka.
Foreign wild.

mikka

ok this is just way out of hand.

first of all Leo said I can use his custom neoncube source file , he said he would give it to me off his computer when he gets on it. I thought okay, as I had SerenityRO in my RO folder I went into their files and took the thing, first I thought ahh, cool, then I realised its really nothing, only the loading thing is at the bottom and buttons changed position, also I took 1 button out so I only had Cancel and Start, I even told that person directly I did it so I didn't steal it I notifyed them, if he would of said take it off I would instead this is the msn conversation below.

Mikka - Amethystro.com is now active! says:
Hi , here?
its ok, dont worry about the source
I got it from srenity's patch
Serenitys*

Mike says:
You stole my edits?
-.-
no
you said I can have it when you get it fof your lap top
so I got it quicker by doing that
Mike says:
No
Mike says:
I said you can have my src, not steal it from another server
i do have the src
its not stolen either
Mike says:
You -stole- my edits
Mike says:
but w/e, i'm going to bed
-----------------------------

you can see for yourself

I certainly would never steal someones work and do not want to, if I did in a bad way Im osrry to Leo and Serenity, maybe I misunderstood, you guys do know Im from russia and only know english for 4 eyars, right?

src code that I edited a little ( I just took out register button -.- aka sakray patcher.)

; neoncube.style
; configure the appearance of controls of the patch client.

; xcoord = X coordinate of a control
; ycoord = Y coordinate of a control
; width = width of a control
; height = height of a control

;minimize button
[minimizex]
xcoord=451
ycoord=8
width=18
height=17

;close button
[closex]
xcoord=475
ycoord=8
width=18
height=17

;start game button
[startgame]
xcoord=330
ycoord=116
width=92
height=32

;cancel button
[cancel]
xcoord=386
ycoord=149
width=98
height=34

;notice (browser) window
[notice]
xcoord=12
ycoord=221
width=473
height=174

;progress bar
[progressbar]
xcoord=110
ycoord=465
width=298
height=20
style=2

;frame window
[framex]
xcoord=12
ycoord=221
width=473
height=174

;Status message
[text]
xcoord=108
ycoord=425
width=305
height=64

thats their src

I stole it? I stole it? Did I claim it is mine? did I act in a rude way?, no I have never offended you in anyway, you are a great guy and I don't know why your doing this to me, Why? I am trying to make a nice and succesful server for once.
Is this really so huge to make fuss out off? just a little edit that you did and allowed me to have and said you'll give it but didnt show up that night, its like I will say many servers steal uasko's deviling hat and use it as donate, he asks them to take it off donation and they do, so why didn;t you say take it off? I seriously would of had done it, I worked so hard towards this server, please forgive my poor actions.
Foreign wild.

Zone

This is stupid. It is a patcher, it doesn't matter how he gets it if you say he can have it.
If you are going to complain about this, then don't tell someone they can have it.
This is just childish.

Franpowah

Well... taking out the thingie and apologising should be enough isn't it?

So much trouble for such a little thing... we're all playing a *modified* version of a copyrighted game after all.

I hope you sort things out with each other, i enjoy playing on Amethyst :) and i kinda liked the website too.

Leo

Actually, what i said 2 days ago was i'd email him my neoncube source which has been optimised, since the dev team that was working on that project hasn't produced an update in months. A few of my src edits were under trial at Serenity's server. I'm fully aware that the neoncube source code is freely available, but like eA, if you make a src edit and someone steals it, someone's bound to kick up a storm. I do not claim ownership over any part of neoncube other than my edits which are clearly documented in the source code itself and in the headers.

Now i've got that cleared up, i don't think Mikka knows the difference between source code and the skin file.

Email from Mikka:
QuoteDear Mike,

I apologise for my selfish actions, I should of never went into the serenityro and took the sourcecode from the neoncube thing, I thought its just gonna be faster but instead it caused this hastle thing, please don't sell my domain and if you wish I will the the surce code off and make a custom source code myself for neoncube patcher, i only took the button placements nothing else, oh and the loading thing, but not even sakray updater or any of that was taken. I am very sorry once again and I explain my self in this rms topic : http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/server-reviews//amethystro-the-best-new-low-rate-server-ever/0/ please speak to me on msn whe nyou get this message, I was crying for a little, thats how stressed I was since I put so much effort into this server and I love it so much, please please please don't sell it to anyone I will take good care next time and don't repeat my actions.

Thanks, Mikka ^^.

Don't "wtf" at my textual expressions either. It was a long day yesterday and you caught me right before i was going to bed. The least you could of done was think about what your actions would do. It doesn't matter that you've got Serenity's skin file and using parts of it as your own however, may i remind you of something that was stated earlier:

QuoteIs this really so huge to make fuss out off? just a little edit that you did and allowed me to have and said you'll give it but didnt show up that night, its like I will say many servers steal uasko's deviling hat and use it as donate, he asks them to take it off donation and they do, so why didn;t you say take it off?

Indeed, and people who use Usako's wonderful sprites give her credit. She also freely offers her work to her community. Serenity's patcher skin is not offered for use by a community other than the community that is using the files to patch with.

Mikka: You needn't of posted here.

Zone: Mind yours.

Zone

Leo, I am posting only because Mikka asked my oppinion.
Telling me to mind my own isn't going to keep me from posting.
This is in server discussion, thus making it open to every user on RMS.
If you do not want people posting or replying, take it out of these forums.
I can agree that not receiving credit where credit is due.

mikka

well you guys could of atleast told me that wasn't the source, I had no idea what that file was whats so ever. I thought it was the source since I could only open it with notepad, why make such a big fuss out of it, I would ff took it off straight away, no need for all this crap happening I had a bad damn friday and why does everything have to happen to me at the same time? I belive normal people have chances...Why am I diffrent the everyone else?... Serenity your taking my account because of a small tihng like that? it was a huge edit was it? basicly I could of done it myself, having to be woken up at 4 am creating a patch for my server at school night I was damn tired, I had grown up and don't judge my intellegence. All it was was 2 buttons moved and the loader moved, nothing else , is it so big to make a deal off? I apologized how many times , whats rong with you people and then you say I haven't grown up?

Mikka
Posted on: Dec 14, 2007, 07:47 pm
anyway, he isn't gonna stop me from running the server, we already are still growing, I still thank him for all he did for me. Okay so today we're having WoE , Im hoping to see more then 15 on today, I heard its gonna be a big donkey battle D:, thou because I rbuilt my computer I lost all my files so the web files were on the site, once again THANKS to someone for deleting it and now I can't ever get my layout back ^^
but we're still gonna try to improve the server as much as possible, in 6 months we'll tripple the amount that Serenity's got , maybe even more. I realised Serenity took my anime2.net down, personal grudge?? and amethystro.com ? is it so trouble some, I see, you just hate me may I ask what for? probarly not becayse all I'd get it a block on msn for even talknig to you people, Yes I did cry because I love my server, I love it to death and were going to grow grow and grow.
Posted on: Dec 15, 2007, 12:02 am
Serenity, I didn't steal his patch HE Specifically said he will give it to me -_- what chat logs? that was all that was said I didn't lie a bit, so don't try to harass me >.<
Foreign wild.

Zone

All of this over 2 buttons and a loader that he could have scripted.
So if the buttons and loaders are all the same scripts, just changing location, that is like taking an npc and changing where it is, what it looks like, and what it does.
Basically it is nothing like it was originally.
It is the same as scripting it yourself, just using someone else's script to learn from.

Zone

Well, I am not a player of Amethyst, merely a friend who helps.
I come online from time to time, but I am not into the iRO feel.
For future contact however, please reply in pm.
Posted on: Dec 16, 2007, 10:37 am
Also, Mikka is working on a website and forums.

Skotlex

Too much drama over a misunderstanding :v

Person A: "Hey B, can I borrow your X? I could use it for my server."
Person B: "Sure thing. I'll give you a copy next time we talk and I am at home."
.. time passes..
A: "Too much time is passing and B is not here. Oh wait... I know that there's a copy of X stored by C. I could just go and get the copy from there and save some time."
A makes a copy of X from C.
C: "OMG OMG OMG you thief! you stole my X without my permission!"
A: "what? But B gave me permission to get a copy of it."
C: "But it is not B's version, you stole MY version!"
A: "what? aren't they the same?"
C: "Of course not, it was my custom version*, and you needed permission from me to get it!"
A: "I didn't know it was different o_o sorry?"
C: "No sorry for you, thief. *goes on to publicly humiliate A for its ignorance*"

I see no point in blasting people over a misunderstanding, these are not devils you are dealing with, people, but people that make mistakes. It is unfair to treat a misunderstanding like this as if it were an intentional theft attempt. Whatever happened to the saying "the intention is what counts"?

* (Editor's Note: it really was? I was confused too on how exactly C's X was different from A's)

(RMS reviews)