aeRO: It's back

Started by Zeidan, Nov 20, 2009, 07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeidan

For those who used to play aeRO and were sad that it shut down. Well I'm glad to announce that it's back, under new management. Visit http://www.gamingaero.com

I didn't post this in advertisement because I seen threads with people asking what happened to the server. So those who used to play, feel free to join again!

GorthexTiger

Hasn't like aeRO died like 20 times already?

Everytime I look at anything discussing aeRO, it's always about how it's coming back to life.

And I've been seeing this since...2005?
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

Zeidan

Well it's a server that's been around for a while. It never really died until June. Lots of players still wanted to play so I recreated it with a friend. It's slowly growing, so anyone who used to play it or want to play it, feel free to visit the website ;).

Usagimimi

But if it was recreated with a new website and new management, doesn't that make it a whole new RO, and not a "aeRO is back yay!" thing?

Just wondering.

Zeidan

Quote from: Yusifer on Nov 20, 2009, 08:58 PM
But if it was recreated with a new website and new management, doesn't that make it a whole new RO, and not a "aeRO is back yay!" thing?

Just wondering.
What we wanted to do when restoring it was to bring it back almost exactly like it was. This means all the same custom items, max level, stats etc. So it's practically the same exact server, just different management/website.

Usagimimi

Quote from: Zeidan on Nov 20, 2009, 10:16 PM

Just wondering.
What we wanted to do when restoring it was to bring it back almost exactly like it was. This means all the same custom items, max level, stats etc. So it's practically the same exact server, just different management/website.

You got the database, too? I'd just name that moreso a "copy" than "aeRO is back". Generally when something "comes back", it's 100% how it was - same management, same website, same database, etc.

Just my two cents.

Zeidan

Quote from: Yusifer on Nov 20, 2009, 10:17 PM

Just wondering.

You got the database, too? I'd just name that moreso a "copy" than "aeRO is back". Generally when something "comes back", it's 100% how it was - same management, same website, same database, etc.

Just my two cents.
Obviously we don't have the same database. People started from scratch. Hence the "new management".

Usagimimi

Quote from: Zeidan on Nov 20, 2009, 10:19 PM

Just wondering.

Just my two cents.
Obviously we don't have the same database. People started from scratch. Hence the "new management".

I still say it's moreso an aeRO copy. In any case, good luck with it! :P

Zeidan

Quote from: Yusifer on Nov 20, 2009, 10:24 PM
Quote from: Zeidan on Nov 20, 2009, 10:19 PM

Just wondering.

Just my two cents.

I still say it's moreso an aeRO copy. In any case, good luck with it! :P
Remake/copy call it whatever, it's still the same :p thanks.

orix1357

I've played aeRO since the last days of Charm and it's a surprise that you're back after what happened (you know what I mean). I might return to check out your new server and see if I can stay around. :D
Has played in: aeRO, heRO, OracleRO, ReboundRO, AriaRO, IntenseRO, VastRO, LuminaRO, AerialRO, NyuubiRO and PumpkinRO.

Usagimimi

Quote from: orix1357 on Nov 20, 2009, 10:27 PM
I've played aeRO since the last days of Charm and it's a surprise that you're back after what happened (you know what I mean). I might return to check out your new server and see if I can stay around. :D

[Off-Topic]

D:< Don't you be ditching me lol

Zone

It's not aeRO, it's -su aeRO
All you are doing is trying to replicate it without anything from the server that made it what it was!
I hate this s***. It's not the same server, don't call it aeRO.
For all you know, tomorrow, I could just magically have the aeRO files, bring the server back up with the original staff and original site.
Then what?
You are just an impostor trying to pass yourself off as aeRO.

Usagimimi

Zone said what I was thinking without the harshness :<

*gives Karma to Zone*

Loki

A copy...And a good way to attract players too...
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Usagimimi

Quote from: Loki on Nov 21, 2009, 12:08 AM
A copy...And a good way to attract players too...

Yup, he's using a "famous" server to attract people; a lure, really.

Why not just call it something else? It's the name that makes people skeptical of your intentions.