Advice/Suggestions for Ymir-ROs Revival

Started by GM-Ymir, Dec 10, 2009, 07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM-Ymir

Hello all, I'm currently after suggestions and advice on what features you would like to see in a server, the perfect server for everyone so to speak. Currently rates are 10/10/10 but I'd like to know what people want to see on most servers they don't and how we can improve Ymir-RO.

We're currently remodeling a lot of the server and will eventually and sadly do a wipe. While it's sad to see 3 years of players hard work gone, it's going to hopefully mean a fresh start for all. So let me know what RMS readers have to say about the perfect server.
Come visit my server at (www.Ymir-RO.net)

Scene-Star

a perfect server has less donations and more events. ^^

Prophet

Well honestly the thing you need to succeed with all the servers now is to bring in something new and fresh. Everyones been playing RO for such a long time that every server seems the same. Something new will definately drag people to your server

SymphonicRO | Rates: 7x/7x/5x | Space Rift Warp System | Account Based Zeny | Completely Retextured Dyes | Pool of Rejuvenation Healing System

GM-Ymir

Okay we have no donations at all currently, although I have considered implementing them because contrary to your advice, it is donation servers that survive the most and are more successful.

Prophet, can you expand on some things you think would be considered fresh?

Tom~

Quote from: GM-Ymir on Dec 11, 2009, 09:56 AM

Original events, quests, etc.

Events: Not the typical Dice, Invasion, Catch the poring..
Quests: I'm quite bored of this kind of quests. "Get me X items, and I'll give you a hat!". I would like to see quests like.. the job change ones. I enjoyed doing those quests :[

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

GM-Ymir

Quote from: Tom~ on Dec 11, 2009, 10:16 AM
Quote from: GM-Ymir on Dec 11, 2009, 09:56 AM

Original events, quests, etc.

Events: Not the typical Dice, Invasion, Catch the poring..
Quests: I'm quite bored of this kind of quests. "Get me X items, and I'll give you a hat!". I would like to see quests like.. the job change ones. I enjoyed doing those quests :[

What events did you have in mind? I'm open to all types of advice.

Makenshi

I would imagine something like Kiel Hyre without having people to jump through the hoops of doing the same quest like 10 times and talking NPCs for 2 hours. I think RO can really learn from other MMOs when it comes to quests because let's be honest, most of them suck. Something like the wizard test with harder monsters and grouping possibilities sounds good. Or perhaps a combination of monsters and puzzles by modifying the turbo track?

Yea, all of what I mentioned above will take a lot of work without much to show for it, but at least you will be able to claim that it's unique, not to mention that it'll show the player base that you are still working on the server and trying to improve the player experience constantly. As you know, though, talk is cheap, so it all really depends how the resource and time you have available. A good first step would be to ask the players for something that's not PvP related. After all, we can all feed you a bunch of crap, but we don't really play on your server so it doesn't really matter what we think.

Hope you can take something out of that random and incoherent input.

SymphonicRO | Rates: 7x/7x/5x | Space Rift Warp System | Account Based Zeny | Completely Retextured Dyes | Pool of Rejuvenation Healing System
Upcoming 3-Day Christmas EXP Event