A thing I've been seeing a lot lately

Started by Ashe, Jan 25, 2008, 09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashe

Why are low rate servers giving out modified Battlefield Textbooks for donations?
I've seen them on a few new servers, and they work like this.

On a 5/5/3? I think, named Hoshi Ragnarok Online, they sell

Battle Manual Lv5 (5)
Bonus 900% Exp for 30 minutes.

Then This

Base Exp increase 100%. Stackable with Battle Manual.
Both Last 30 minutes

Then on SerenityRO, an event item that increases base/job exp to 25x and doubles drop rates, albeit it's an event item that only lasts for 10 minutes I think, and is only available from x-date to y-date

Why even play a lowrate knowing items like this exist?
I know that you don't "have to use it" which is true, but 9 times out of 10, people will use it.
So, why bother? It gives an incredible advantage, and I think it's one of the worst ideas ever. I understand 50% increase, but 900%+?
What the F^ck mate.

Opinions?
edited

Pandora

Yeah it's pretty stupid. Guess at 50% they thought those "donation item" would not sell well, as opposed to 900% being worth drooling at (and for lazy people: worth buying), so they fill their pockets.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Zone

Ansuz Isaz

What Zone said. o.o Hell, to me, even 50% is kind of over-done. It'll still be more than enough for those who have it to level up like gods in comparison.

If you want to make an EXP increase item that's customly made, make a slot-less shoe-type card that gives +10% EXP from all monsters, take 20% more damage from all monsters. It's something you can all ready do in the game, so it's far from killing any balance, but it saves the need to carry around an donkey load of shoes. Hell, even taking away the extra damage away and just having +10% EXP shoes wouldn't be too outragous for a donation item. 900% for thirty minutes, though? o.o Damn. Anyone who doesn't donate simply wouldn't be able to keep up with those who do.

Zone

Indeed, that is one of the most OP donations I have seen. o.o
Thor leeches with those @_@

hmmm
well some of these manuals can be tactics to draw in new players
they use em while making their noob chars and its fast and easy

Zone

Leeching would work a lot more.
Giving the leecher one and using one yourself. They get 900x as the leecher, and 900x their portion, as the leech.

Ashe

Not trolling, just giving more than one server with these kinds of items. :V
edited

Giza

That's their problem. A low rate server can be making thousands of dollars a month out of "people's free will" and have half of its player count level up like in a super high rate while the other half levels up like in a low rate and I won't call it wrong. I just won't join in the fray. I also won't criticize the servers that are that way and even if I do I won't mention the name(s). It's their business and unhappy players should just leave.

Skotlex

Well, at least a donation item that lets you level quicker is a lot less retarded than donation items that make you immortal in pvp/gvg :v

(RMS reviews)

Ashe

edited

Ashe

Quote from: Serenity on Feb 07, 2008, 04:46 AM
Quote from: Albiero on Feb 06, 2008, 08:33 PM
Quote from: Serenity on Feb 05, 2008, 06:21 AM
Quote from: Albiero on Feb 03, 2008, 01:57 PM

<3

/kis
* Serenity casts level five hi-jack topic

/kis /kis

I win!

=3

Uh-Uh No you di-in't. )<
~Albiero counters with level over 9000 hijack topic~
/kis /kis /kis

No u
edited

phranxis

Quote from: Ashe on Feb 07, 2008, 02:24 PM
Quote from: Serenity on Feb 07, 2008, 04:46 AM
Quote from: Albiero on Feb 06, 2008, 08:33 PM
Quote from: Serenity on Feb 05, 2008, 06:21 AM
Quote from: Albiero on Feb 03, 2008, 01:57 PM

<3

/kis
* Serenity casts level five hi-jack topic

/kis /kis

I win!

=3

Uh-Uh No you di-in't. )<
~Albiero counters with level over 9000 hijack topic~
/kis /kis /kis

No u

@kill

revealer

9 times out of 10? LOL. More like 9999/10000 times.

Genesis

You might as well be selling levels.