A server with wood cutting and bug catching?

Started by Newly, Jun 26, 2009, 01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think?

Sounds good.
3 (18.8%)
Mite Work.
1 (6.3%)
I love it
0 (0%)
Nah.
8 (50%)
idk?
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Newly

Do you think that would attract players in?

LiteX

Sounds very gimmicky, but it would make players stay for some more time, @more things for players to do
ライテ‐エクス

Hutchy

Reminds me of Animal Crossing. But hell, I'd probably do it.

Newly

Well i have them added in already. Beings as i am a new server i wanted to know if it would do well. So far it sounds like it would.

I got woodcutting from Runescape and bugcatching from Animal Crossing....Yes i played it. Sue me. D:

PETER09

Quote from: Newly on Jun 26, 2009, 04:01 PM
Well i have them added in already. Beings as i am a new server i wanted to know if it would do well. So far it sounds like it would.

I got woodcutting from Runescape and bugcatching from Animal Crossing....Yes i played it. Sue me. D:

Yay, I'm going to join your server so I can cut down trees for wood

LemonCrosswalk

I was more thinking harvest moon... and god that was a boring game.

Anyway... if you have it, you need a good reason TO have it.

Newly

When you wood cut you get a chance to gain a random item from 1-20. that means there are 20 diff items that you could get. Also you take a chance of your axe breaking. The items change every 1week. Same with bug catching. Its for players to have something to do if they get bored. More fun for the players.

LemonCrosswalk

Quote from: Newly on Jun 26, 2009, 05:11 PM
When you wood cut you get a chance to gain a random item from 1-20. that means there are 20 diff items that you could get. Also you take a chance of your axe breaking. The items change every 1week. Same with bug catching. Its for players to have something to do if they get bored. More fun for the players.
But what do you -do- with the items.

Newly

What do you mean what do you do with the items? There jus random ingame items.

You have to use an axe to chop the tree.

LemonCrosswalk

Quote from: Newly on Jun 26, 2009, 07:33 PM
What do you mean what do you do with the items? There jus random ingame items.

You have to use an axe to chop the tree.
If you can chop down a tree and get a random item that does nothing and has no real worth, it's silly to implement it in game just to say you have it.

Newly

*sigh* Its for the players not me read the reply fully.

Im not saying it jus to say i have it. Im saying i have it for the players to have fun on my server. I needed to add things that puts me apart from other servers.

QuoteIts for players to have something to do if they get bored. More fun for the players.

I swear...No one reads things fully do they? :/

Loki

No. You're not reading Lemon's post thoroughly. Lemon asked what uses are those random items. Usable? Quest item requirements? Useless but high priced item(NPC IT)?

She wasn't asking what were the woodcutting for...
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Newly

Quoteit's silly to implement it in game just to say you have it.

I was referring to that reply.

And to answer that reply some items are for quest's and some are rare headgears that the chance to get are really low. I understood what she said. I answered with a reply that went with it. Random items.