A new server?

Started by Alan, Jul 21, 2008, 04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

Well, I am planning on starting a server, and I was just wondering what was more sought after at the moment.

from what I've read so-far -Which isn't admitedly much- it seems like very low and mid rate server are lacking.

So, I'm torn between:

5/5/ *5 or 6, not sure*
And 25/25/20

All kept as official as possible. possibly custom quests to attain certain items but nothing un-gravity.

Any suggestions? ;o

EDIT:

Come on! 40+ veiws and nothing? Only takes like 10s to say "High rate" or "Low rate"! D:

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

(They're both low rate, technically)

Well if you want *my* opinion... 5/5/5 is perfect. No customs is a big plus. There's no customless 5/5/5 at the moment(Or I'd be playing it).

You might want to read this first though... unless you have nerves(and money) to keep almost empty server up for several months, it seems you won't get anywhere in RO lowrate nowodays.

Skotlex

Someone else already took the idea of low-rates and stability :B'

You see, the only servers that may be lacking are "stable, stock, low rate kRO clones", because the private server arena is otherwise very packed with all sort of servers. Fighting for the few remaining players is always a difficult task, and as such, you are stuck with two choices:
- do a server as YOU like it and stick to it for you and your friends (which may bring on more friends in the future)
- find some niche that you can fill in. But you really have to STICK to maintaining the server for a hell-long time, not just as a whim (eg: "I decided to make a server!")

Anyone can make a server nowadays... if you really wanted to just know what "was more sought after at the moment" you could have jumped in that PGN-something thread in here as well, which is about the exact same subject -.-'

(RMS reviews)

Firefly

I could go for a nice 60/60/60 or 60/60/80 server. Smaller servers mean less people to hunt for items. Few people to hunt mean fewer merchants to buy from. Fewer merchants to buy from means it's much harder to get any items you need, so an increased drop rate is appropriate for early in a server's life, IMO.

~~T~~

Too much High Populated Low Rates, they usually take all the players. If you can endure being with 12~20(At best!) players, then you can try hosting a kRO clone, but rarely any player would choose a low populated than a high populated server. Most players are tired of the same storyless grinding and the few 'unique' customs.

Easter

if u want to get a high population very soon,then i suggest going for a mid/highrate with complete balance(as balanced as possible) and u should also try reducing the cons in donations.

but if u are well known,have a lot of time/money,and are willing to keep a server up for a long time then ur best bet would be a low rate server

Pandora

Any rate can be good, it will just attract different people. The question you really need to ask yourself is if you're really ready for the commitment that is having a RO server. It's a lot of work, and what people need are servers that last long, specially if low rates.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

SnapShot

Pandora is right. even if you found the correct concept for your server's rates . You should know your self if you can maintain the server and you have enough time to dedicate your self to it.

www.OwnageRO.net
3k/3k/50% -- Custom Renewal Mechanics -- Balanced 3rd Classes -- Fresh Server

Usagimimi

leadtech

any rate for a server would be prefer ..as long it is stay balance ;3

Flash Ragnarok Online [ONLINE]
http://flash-ro.info

Buckyx

omg dont create new server.. many people creates their own server then they have 20-50 people

Kuprin

I don't think another iRO clone server is worth wasting anyone's time with.
Embrace the invigorating spirit of sport! Come, fight me!