A new kind of classic server

Started by Suspension, Nov 14, 2014, 03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exii

Snap build lol
Wtf is a snap build? The only thing you do to improve snap is to wear an aspd fist, aspd headgears like rwc gold and seal of contintal guard for maximum switch autism.
The only build which has agi is a pvp build to reduce the animation delay of snap, zen and fury.

Will be extremly funny to see how you wrecked asura wonder why nobody is playing this class anymore in woe instead to use other skills.

RIP combo champ 2006.
exii - leader of the nonsense army

finest low quality gw2 streams: http://www.twitch.tv/exii_against_the_world

Bullet

Quote from: Suspension on Nov 18, 2014, 07:52 AM
Carefully thought, in fact I'm not changing much of the game. Just boosting skills so there is more variety in WoE than 1 skill job builds, and Agi builds don't get perma-stun. The only difficult change for users might be Asura, but it just will make monks use more other skills like fist offensive and occult impaction if they go spirit.

Although I'd like to compensate Snap builds which are totally focused on Asura, but I don't really know how.
Snap is a utility skill, not to complement Asura specifically. Well, thats me.

However, if you're thinking on extending monk build.
How about physical immune -90% dmg from all incoming (including asura dmg) exceptcritical damage.(inspired from renewal with some adjustment)
Also, allowing immune monk to perform all combos. They already have low aspd i believe while immune.

makes critical worth to build for a counter. But might be allittle OP. But looks easy to counter with a dispel too.

Suspension

Quote from: Bullet on Nov 18, 2014, 11:11 AM
Snap is a utility skill, not to complement Asura specifically. Well, thats me.

Yes, I know, but the fact that it takes 47 skills points of the 49 available makes the character very hard to level up as they lack every skill (tss lv3, occult lv 3, asura lv 3, combos lv3, etc). It's kind of an extreme build in monk, which is focused on Snap and asura in woe. With the delay of asura, a Snap build would be less offensively effective as it couldn't max other skills.

About the critical build it can be fun on pvm, but it has 0 value in pvp/woe situations. The fury skill is just not enough and the change needed for it to be somehow usable would be too drastic. Although we could allow critical hits with skills and that would improve both critic builds and lucky dodge builds.
Quote from: exii on Jun 27, 2015, 06:07 AM
If you think casting quag is a good idea you or your guild heavily failed to create a viable guild rost.

ggwp

- Everyone will use Mastela instead ranked WSP
- Without stun immunity Meteor Storm spam will stun lock people to death at choke point
- You would help more with doing real DPS rathen than hoping someone stupid enough to step your stacked trap

- Monk would only use Knuckle for MvPing with Ashura that doesnt need size mod boost. Chain is way better leveling weapon than any other episode 9 knuckle.
- IIRC episode 9 books doesnt boost matk so no one would make battle sages.

- Ability to skip triple attack to do non ashura combo is dumb and the extra 50% boost damage are retarded. TSS is 1750% with cast time and need 5 sphere. Your server skip combo is 1210% using 1 sphere and no cast time.
- Delaying ashura is not the solution , limiting its damage with minimal OP gears is better. (all classic gears , no alice doll , no slotted mid , no BG , no newer episode weapons), With less damage they will have less vit and become manageable by other classes.

- Blitz Beat have 1s delay , unless you got Bragi you wont use this crap.

- Just remove that stupid 20% HP damage and boost self damage.
- No good shield to do Shield Boomerang in episode 9.

- Venom skills are too much hassle than benefit , low damage and need total skill change to work.
- Lel , katar just too good. Even double attack katar build will outdps non ice pick DD damage.

- Why people bother making bottle to do mediocre damage when other class can do better without items. Something like chance to get burning status on demonstration and instead of chance bleeding Acid Terror cause chance Critical Wound lvl 2.
- 75 Vanil / Lif will out dps any other normal char. Alchemist with Smokie become dumb thing in PvP .

- Performer would die 1st with 7x7 Frost Joke / Scream
- Initial song SP cost is fine at is , what you want to reduce is Encore cost. 0,5-1s Amp delay since most people would just weapon switch.

- Hammerfall precast where everyone are succeptible to stun ? .........

- Auto cast is useless since no matk books around in episode 9

Suspension

Quote from: ggwp on Nov 19, 2014, 02:01 AM
- Everyone will use Mastela instead ranked WSP
If in a classic environment someone can manage woe'ng with mastelas, they deserve it.
- Without stun immunity Meteor Storm spam will stun lock people to death at choke point
First post:
QuoteOn WoE, altered status will be halved and some skills (like dazzler and unchainted serenate) AoE will be greatly reduced.
[...]although it will greatly reduce the chance and duratioon of altered status.
And even then, Meteor Stun effect could be modified too, that's the point of this thread.
- You would help more with doing real DPS rathen than hoping someone stupid enough to step your stacked trap
More than stacking traps, the whole point of moving traps around is that the Hunter can directly attack moving them, improving the gameplay for trap hunters.

- Monk would only use Knuckle for MvPing with Ashura that doesnt need size mod boost. Chain is way better leveling weapon than any other episode 9 knuckle.
Knuckles have less attack than maces. Maces would be better for spirit type.
- IIRC episode 9 books doesnt boost matk so no one would make battle sages.
It could be changed. That's the point of this thread.
- Ability to skip triple attack to do non ashura combo is dumb and the extra 50% boost damage are retarded. TSS is 1750% with cast time and need 5 sphere. Your server skip combo is 1210% using 1 sphere and no cast time.
Asura combo would still need triple attack. TSS is a single hit while combos are separate skills based on aspd which allow the target to heal itself. Also, for combos to really be fast they need knuckles which still has less attack than maces and combo build have significatively less dex than spirit types, which has a huge impact on damage. Anyway, I explicitely posted on the first post: "Combo monk my be overpowered" as a matter of discussion.
- Delaying ashura is not the solution , limiting its damage with minimal OP gears is better. (all classic gears , no alice doll , no slotted mid , no BG , no newer episode weapons), With less damage they will have less vit and become manageable by other classes.
I don't want to nerf asura. I want monks to not be asura-machines, it's way different. Reserve the asura when they truly need it.
- Blitz Beat have 1s delay , unless you got Bragi you wont use this crap.
In WoE is pretty natural to have Bragi. Without bragi it could be used versus high def enemies in pvp/pvm and would cause better damage than DS, for example.
- Just remove that stupid 20% HP damage and boost self damage.
Could be.
- No good shield to do Shield Boomerang in episode 9.
That's the point in improving the skill.
- Venom skills are too much hassle than benefit , low damage and need total skill change to work.
That's the point in improving the skill.
- Lel , katar just too good. Even double attack katar build will outdps non ice pick DD damage.
Card modifications and total attack is better with dual dagger. It could be used along the venom tree to deal high damage.
- Why people bother making bottle to do mediocre damage when other class can do better without items. Something like chance to get burning status on demonstration and instead of chance bleeding Acid Terror cause chance Critical Wound lvl 2.
Edited: People in other servers have realized the target of this skill is not damage but breaking people's armor. I think it's too much cost for just that and that's why I think its damage should be boosted.
- 75 Vanil / Lif will out dps any other normal char. Alchemist with Smokie become dumb thing in PvP .
The level of the homunculus can be lowered more, nothing is written on stone. Also, it could be done so if the alchemist is not reachable (hiding, cloacking, etc) the homunculus turns passive.
- Performer would die 1st with 7x7 Frost Joke / Scream
These skills are too OP in woe scene in my opinion. So if somebody wants to stun/freeze the other guild they may take a risk, just like slow grace.
- Initial song SP cost is fine at is , what you want to reduce is Encore cost. 0,5-1s Amp delay since most people would just weapon switch.
Maybe.
- Hammerfall precast where everyone are succeptible to stun ? .........
Which is OK because Hammerfall has a lower area of effect and is more exposed than a Dancer behind a wall. First I thought the chance was lower than Dancer's, but I'll leave it at 70%.
- Auto cast is useless since no matk books around in episode 9
Which, again, can be modified.
If you think casting quag is a good idea you or your guild heavily failed to create a viable guild rost.

exii

Quote- Performer would die 1st with 7x7 Frost Joke / Scream

These skills are too OP in woe scene in my opinion. So if somebody wants to stun/freeze the other guild they may take a risk, just like slow grace.
Not in mention to the fact that dispell got almost no effect when suicide marching with slow grace, the effectivity of scream and fj is competely related to bragi. Means 1 dispell and the whole attempt was useless. Reducing the proc chance or give some classes specific resistance would solve the prob so easy but ofc pro developers like you know it better.

QuoteI don't want to nerf asura. I want monks to not be asura-machines, it's way different. Reserve the asura when they truly need it.
No skill except asura is worth to be casted in woe on this class. Dispell, hitlock or just too much aoe dps counter any possibilty to get close enough to proc a whole combo. Did you ever played Monk on non-trans woe the last year (or generally)? I have my doubts. Else you would have realized that even with the current mechanic this class can be the absolute cancer without zen and dex stats under 140.
The class is turned into a freaking joke. And to be effective in pvp players are forced to drop dex for agi which means you have a cast time which even my grandma could handle and shes really old.
And this isnt a nerf? lol.. This is the epitome of a deadnerf.

Quote- Why people bother making bottle to do mediocre damage when other class can do better without items. Something like chance to get burning status on demonstration and instead of chance bleeding Acid Terror cause chance Critical Wound lvl 2.

Edited: People in other servers have realized the target of this skill is not damage but breaking people's armor. I think it's too much cost for just that and that's why I think its damage should be boosted.
If applying damage is not the key of this why improving it instead to boost what its used for? What an oxymoron

Btw: Ive heard you like 1-hit-insta-k.o.-pillar-stacking.
exii - leader of the nonsense army

finest low quality gw2 streams: http://www.twitch.tv/exii_against_the_world

bisuke

This is a very good Idea, It would be great if a server opens with this kind of features.

Suspension

Quote from: dikapramantya on Jan 31, 2015, 07:26 AM
why asura delay?
Because the monk class is valued only by its asura skill, which turns every other skill (and thus, different builds) useless.

The sole purpose of these changes is to make people feel free to choose the build and job they want and feel useful with them, instead of following the non-written rules of this game:
- If you don't have high vit you're useless in woe.
- If you don't follow <insert build here> you're useless in woe and s*** in pvp.
- MVP is for he first one who finds and kills it instead of a party raid.
- To be the very best like no one ever was you have to grind 24/7.
- PVM is boring and you should avoid it. Go to 99/50 (or 70) the fastest way, don't party, don't enjoy it.

Sadly for the second rule I had to cap the asura skill so people don't abuse it and focus on other skills and jobs instead of 10 monks per guild (overexageration) to quckly kill characters with unlimited asuras.

Rider

Rebalancing classes does sound like a very interesting idea overall and I'm sure many would be interested in testing something new and different. But at the end of the day, you're experimenting with a game that people have grown used to for several years. Changing the game too much would be an hassle and if it doesn't work you've basically wasted a lot of time and effort.

I would keep the nerfs to a minimum and not go about making big changes, but that's just me. Because I know people are very choosy about the class they enjoy playing and they would look at any nerf made to the class with a negative perspective and ignore the good intent behind it. Not to mention you'd be spending a lot of time trying to explain to players who are displeased with the changes and have hardly any support or positive feedback. If you are fully aware of what to expect and can manage to convince the community then you should go ahead with your idea. Good luck  /no1

dreinor

i also wanted to create a private server with custom changes so that obsolete builds can be used again.. here are the changes, any criticisms about the changes i like is ok..:D

Ragnarok Skill Changes
1st Class

Swordsman:
None

Thief:
None

Acolyte:
Angelus now grants 1 + .4*skill Lvl vit
Rationale: skill is useless before.

Archer:
None

Magician:
Fire Ball scaling changed to (100 +35*SkillLVL)% Matk.
Rationale: Damage of skill is too low before.

Merchant:
None

2nd Class ( 2-1 )

Knight:
Two-hand Quicken now grants +1.5 flee per level.
Rationale: Flee added because Knight's dodge is too low even if build is Agi Type.

Assassin:
Venom Splasher: when target is on skill countdown, target receives 50% more damage from Envenom Skill, Skill Damage decreased from 1000% to 900% but hp requirement for skill usage is removed.
Rationale: Skill is not used because of it's complexity and item requirement. Skill buffed for dual dagger builds and now in synergy with envenom.
Sonic Blow:  Skill can now be chained.
Rationale: Skill Chaining requires player skills & is a good addition to the game.

Hunter:
Tooth of Warg & Warg Strike Skill added. Skills mechanics is identical to Blitz Beat Skill.
Rationale: Skill Added for aesthetic purposes only. In classic days, it was a notion that hunters have wolves(wargs) for companions.
Bow Mastery Skill added. Replaced Beast Bane with a Mastery weapon Skill .
Rationale: For empowerment of Hunter Class.

Priest:
Turn Undead can now be used on non-undead monsters. It now has a chance to turn the target into Undead Property & if the skill fails, a portion of your Matk Attack will damage the target. Skill requires 2 bluegemstones when casting it on non-undead targets. ( *note, instant kill doesn't work on non-undead targets, it will always use the Matk Portion)
Rationale: Improved Skill for efficiency.

Wizard:
Fire Pillar now inflicts Burning Status by 3% change per skill level.
Rationale: Skill buffed for WoE efficiency and now more useful.
Sight Rasher now inflicts Burning Status by 6% change per skill level.
Rationale: Skill buffed for efficiency and now more useful.

Blacksmith:
FAW - Magic Decoy, Silver Sniper & Removal added to skill tree. Skill pre-requisites adjusted so that it can be available to pure forger smiths. Silver Sniper's Atk is based on the Dex & Base Level of the Caster, Magic Decoy's Matk is based on the Luk & Base Level of the caster.
Rationale: We added this skill so that passionate forgers can participate in WoE, they can now help defend the Emperium.
Adrenaline Rush now grants +2 flee per level.
Rationale: Flee added because Blacksmith's dodge is too low even if build is Agi Type.

2nd Class ( 2-2 )

Crusader:
Spear Quicken now grants +1.5 flee per level.
Rationale: Flee added because Crusader's dodge is too low even if build is Agi Type..

Rouge:
Plagiarism Skill reworked. When Activated Skill grants a buff that allows you to clone a skill and activating the skill again, saves the cloned skill. Cloned Skill is equal 1 + SkillLevel*.4.
Rationale:Reworked Skill because Cloned Skill that cannot be saved is useless.
Back Stab Skill reworked. Skill can now be used regardless of the position the target is facing. When the target is not facing the caster,  Back Stab skill will be used, but when the target is  facing the caster,  Stab  will be used. (*note Stab skill is scaled to Atk % = 100+15*skillLvL, is affected by hit rate & uses double the SP requirement of Back Stab).
Rationale: Skill reworked for it to be more useful.

Bard:
None

Dancer:
None

Monk:
Asura Strike now has a 10 sec cooldown.
Rationale: Skill is quite spammable so cooldown is added for class balance.
Chain Crush Combo level 5 added to skill tree. Skill damage formula is rescaledd to (400+200*SkillLVL)%.
Skill added specifically for Combo Monks.

Sage:
Spell Breaker now forces the target's disrupted skill to go on cooldown for 5 seconds after successfully the breaking spell.
Rationale: Added debuff for skill efficiency. Skill is almost useless before because Targets can just recast skills after their spells are cancelled.
Hindsight: Npalm Beat skill removed and Earth Spike Skill added to skills list. Now adds +1 Flee per Skill LvL.
Rationale: Skill buffed specifically for Battle Sages.

Alchemist:
Acid Terror Skill reworked. Skill damage formula is now identical to Soul Destroyer. Skill is now affected by Int and Str. Also, chance of breaking equips are lowered for balancing purpose.
Rationale: Skill reworked so that Alchemists can do PvP and PvM more effectively.

OldeRagnarok

From Russia With Love /lv /lv /lv /lv /lv /lv /lv /lv /lv /lv /lv /lv /lv /lv /lv

Suspension

Quote from: OldeRagnarok on Aug 07, 2015, 01:54 AM

Oh my, thank you for your useless and obstrusive spam post that has nothing to do with the topic! :D

annaquin

I think the change on assassin are a jokes...

venom splasher and sonic blow require a close combat condition.

So against a hunter : 21 cell, considering a walk speed of 3 cells/s= 7 sec = 21 DS/s or 2 FA
Agains a wizard : 15 cell = 5 sec = 5 bolt or 2 SG or 2 MS

So the dmg at close combat should have on maximum condition the same DPS than a camping far away position where monster need to walk close.

Use a maximum condition to compute fairness.

vashgibz13

Quote from: annaquin on Aug 08, 2015, 06:22 AM
I think the change on assassin are a jokes...

venom splasher and sonic blow require a close combat condition.

So against a hunter : 21 cell, considering a walk speed of 3 cells/s= 7 sec = 21 DS/s or 2 FA
Agains a wizard : 15 cell = 5 sec = 5 bolt or 2 SG or 2 MS

So the dmg at close combat should have on maximum condition the same DPS than a camping far away position where monster need to walk close.

Use a maximum condition to compute fairness.

I couldn't agree more.