So is the only way to get players by advertising on other servers?

Started by ChocoMoco, Aug 23, 2011, 05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChocoMoco

Earlier today, we got advertisement chats from... LimitRO Metro - The owner of LimitRO as well and soon to coming Nova?
This is just a really sick way of advertising and its pretty sad how this is how they want to gain players.
Funny thing is! Players came here after getting tired of dealing with their terrible admin (:

Proof -
Spoiler

[close]

To other admins to prevent him from doing this to your server;
His Email: [email protected]   
His account names: Applet - Applet2 and so on.
His IP: 82.128.202.173
Chocomoco GFX coming back soon!
Chocomoco GFX Thread  Website
Spoiler

Rulebreakers do not deserve any respect and deserve to be publicly humiliated for the deed they have done... Its a shame to see Ragnarok die because of players, who have nothing better to do than break rules...
[close]

Erebus

That stuff is common nowadays, too bad that nothing can be done about it. The only good thing it does show is how pathetic a server can get by advertising on another server...that is, IF it is known by that server's staff.

Chemical Crush

Yeah super common now a days, it sucks and it looks awful, but thats just how some people are.  Sometimes its even players advertising on other servers, they think its 'okay'  although usually its gms/admins of the server.  But I have witnessed normal players do it.  :| 

yC

I always think that servers shouldn't concentrate on pulling players from server to server.  I haven't find a solution to it yet (nor does Gravity but they have an advertise budget to pull people from other games) but when you think about it where are new players come from?  I mean new players to RO in general.  If we just take one person from one server into another, then the overall RO community will never grow.  Plus with each closure of a private server a group of existing players will be discouraged and quit the game.  That makes the the overall RO population shrinking (has been for a few years?) obviously.

Might as well ask ... where do you see new players completely to the game are coming from.   

ChocoMoco

Most players - in all servers - come from other places... when they find something new, or if corruption and stuff like that, they try to spot a new server to play at. Which is normal ofcourse but going into that server, telling players to join their server is just depressing to see this is how the community has grown to become too.
Spoiler

Rulebreakers do not deserve any respect and deserve to be publicly humiliated for the deed they have done... Its a shame to see Ragnarok die because of players, who have nothing better to do than break rules...
[close]

DavionFuxa

About the only way to gain new players nowadays is through word of mouth. New Players will join because of someone else telling them about it. This is both equally true for new players joining the world of Ragnarok Online or players being pulled between server to server.

That said though, everything has it's proper medium and another person server isn't one of those mediums in almost any circumstance.

Purr

It really is sad to see people do that. Very unprofessional and disrespectful to other server owners. Theirs plenty of other effective ways to advertise. You just need to think outside the box.

ChocoMoco

Plus, doesn't LimitRO already have more than enough players to advertise on other servers?
Spoiler

[close]

Warock

My guild has joined the event to become world champions in the ragnarok world have you? Click here know more

Lai

Hi.

Those stuff should not happen, it really ruins the name of our server.
GM Team of ours will never in any way tell or suggest our community to make such actions to bring players to our servers.
GM team will not themselves do things like this.

I think RMS knows, we do paid advertisements.

I don't know who ever that novice on your screenshot is, but its none of our GM Team.

Also, those happens often in LimitRO,
For example, this morning, I came across someone opening chat room in Metro, saying that everyone join Neu RO.
I don't know, were that person one of Admins in the server?

PS. You should not just point on me the Admin, I have better things to do than that, I think you should know as admin =)

Kind regards,
Lai

Erebus

They pointed out the offenders IP address so that others can take their own actions of blocking it or looking out for it in the future. Anyone can pretend to be someone else on the interwebs but the ip address makes it just a bit harder even if they have a dynamic one

PR-RiverStyx

I suggest pulling people from MMORPGs that are dying.

Or real life friends.. those are always a blast to play with.

I usually join a server I found through honest looking RMS reviews and people will contact me from years prior looking for what game I am playing.. that is how I recruit others from different servers into mine.. They come to me, I will never go on another server (Forum or In-Game) and ask strangers or friends to leave their current server to join mine.
The truth hurts.

BigMac

Well, with the low amount of RO players these days, I guess I can see why people advertise on other servers =/  Even though it is kind of low

Usagimimi