A little project of mine - MIDICITY

Started by Cyan Hijirikawa, Nov 14, 2016, 01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyan Hijirikawa

You can find the original threads here and here.

Please regard this as sharing an opinion and I am not trying to get "players" just for the sake of it. I want my idea to be shared to people and see how they will accept it. I want an open discussion on what we have accomplished, what we are trying to accomplish and whatnot.

These ideas may be copied by other server owners if they wish to do so if they think they can make it better, then please go ahead, its for the well-being of RO anyways. Anything to make RO great again!

Without further delay, I present to you, our biggest skill reworks and tweaks yet! Note that this server is a 99/50 classic server, so do not expect to see Trans of 3rd job skill tweak.

Spoiler
MidiCity Skill Tweaks

Knight
- Auto Counter
- Now acts like Reject Sword
- Can only counter once
- Works against Melee / Ranged Physical skills
- User will still receive the damage inflicted by the attack
- Magnum Break
- Grants Fire Property attack for 10 seconds
- Endure
- Now lasts the entire duration
- Spear Stab
- If target does not get knocked back, deals additional damage

Crusader
- Holy Cross
- Is now a ranged attack [ 5 cells ]
- Damage is dependent on what STAT has higher points, STR or INT -> ATK or MATK-based damage

Hunter
- Trap Mastery
- Increase INT by 1 per skill level
- Increase Trap damage by 2% per skill level
- Steel Crow
- Increase Falcon damage by 2% per skill level
- Talkie Box
- Now causes Confusion when triggered

Bard / Dancer
- Throw Arrow / Musical Strike
- While playing a song / dance, increases the damage done by 100%

Blacksmith
- Adrenaline Rush
- Passively increases movementspeed by 3% * skill level
- Maximize Power
- Passively increases STR by 1 * skill level
- Weapon Perfection
- Passively increases DEX by 1 * skill level
- Hammer Fall
- Now deals AoE damage

Alchemist
- Axe Mastery -> Bomb Mastery
- Increase Acid Terror damage by 2% * skill level
- Increases Demonstration linger time by 2 secs * skill level
- If this skill is maxed, Demonstration can not be cancelled by Land Protector
- Increase STR and DEX by 5 at level 10
- Acid Terror
- Damage calculation now works the same as Acid Demonstration
- At level 5, deals additional damage if armor is not broken
- Demonstration
- Number of hits increased to 2
- Reduced chance of breaking weapon
- Deals additional damage if weapon is not broken

Priest
- Holy Light
- Hits 5 times in total
- Reduced casting time
- Increased SP usage by 200%
- Signum Crusis
- Reduces all elemental resist except neutral by 2^ * skill level
- Applies debuff to everyone on screen except allies
- Skill success chance is affected by DEX

Monk
- Dodge -> Martial Arts
- Increase ATK Speed by 2 at max level
- Increase damage of Chain Combo by 3% * skill level
- Increase damage of Combo Finish by 4% * skill level
- Spirit Recovery
- Has 10% * skil level chance of not consuming spirit spheres when using skills that require spirit spheres
- Combo Finish
- Does not consume a spirit sphere
- Restores SP to do the full combo (Chain Combo + Combo Finish)
- If user has 5 spirit spheres, instantly cast Finger Offensive depending on Finger Offensive level
- If user has no SP, Finger Offensive skill cast will fail
- Blade Stop -> Battle Meditation
- When hit during this state, the damage received will be recovered as SP
- Will be dispelled after one occurance of damage

Assassin
- Sonic Blow
- Drains 0.5% * skill level SP based from the target's Maximum SP
- Drained SP will then be dealt as additional damage
- Enchant Poison
- While active, recovers 5% maximum HP of the user on every attack
- Envenom
- Poisons the target regardless of resistance or stats
- Poison resist gears will still lower the chance of being poisoned
- Grimtooth
- The closer the target to the user the bigger the damage
- Assassin Poisons
- (Envenom / Enchant Poison / Venom Dust)
- Now reduces PDEF and MDEF by 75% instead of 25%
- Sonic Acceleration
- Increase final damage of Sonic Blow by 20%
- Increase HIT by 20
- Reduce after cast delay by 10%

Rogue
- Intimidate
- If target can not be warped or skill fails, increase damage by 200%
- Raid
- After going out of hiding, increase movement speed by 30% for 3 seconds
- All ranged attacks also miss for 3 seconds
- Cooldown of 5 seconds
- Backstab
- Causes 5% * skil level chance of BLEEDING, this ignores stat resistance
- After using Backstab, character immediately casts Hide
- Cleaner
- Removes all Debuffs on self upon user
- Flag Grafetti -> Trickster
- Transfers any debuff on self to another character

Wizard
- Sense
- Provides Intravision (Maya Purple Card Effect) for 5 seconds
- 20 second cooldown - not affected by cooldown reduction effects
- Frost Nova -> Frost Coat
- Chance to FREEZE any target attacking the user by 3% * skill level
- Ignores resistance to FREEZE except Undead Property
- Can not be used together with Magic Coat
- Magic Coat
- Can not be used together with Frost Coat
- Soul Strike
- Deals more damage after the fifth consecutive cast, 10 second cast window to keep the stacks
- On the tenth cast, releases all the stacks and deals significant damage
- Consecutive casts will increase the cast time of the skill

Sage
- Dragonology -> Sage's Oath
- Increase MDEF by 1 * skill level
- Increase MATK by 1 * skill level
- Increase INT by 1 * skill level
- Increase Bolt Damage by 5% * skill level
[close]
We are also thinking up of the following features to be added on or before the official launch

• Guild System Rework [ Skills and how a guild levels up ]
  • Low Level ~ End Game Instances
  • Crafting System [ Guild ]
  • Mining System [ Guild ]
  • Farming System [ Guild ]
  • Guild Hall System [ Guild ]
  • Album Collection System
  • Reputation System
We are also releasing our first ever custom class soon on our test server! The Exorcist is coming to town!

• This Class is inspired from Chrono Crusade, so do not think that Exorcist only uses Talismans, its guns baby! Dual wield guns! And Swords!
  • This class specializes in dispatching Undead and Demons with ease
  • Deals significant damage to Undead and Demon Property monsters
  • They can advance to either the female Militia or the male Guardian
  • Militia can dual wield guns, but can not use shields. They are the glass cannons of this project!
  • Guardian on the other hand, can wield one handed guns together with a shield or a sword and a shield
  • They have some up front and personal skills that takes you to the faces of your opponent and instantly back to where you were
  • They also have some bad-donkey utility skills, buffs and passives, ranging from dealing more damage the lower your HP is to becoming hard as steel.
Excited? Well, we too are excited to present this class soon enough, and what's more, we are commissioning on someone doing a custom sprite for this class, so our staff is also expecting a very good and high quality job sprite for this class!

If anyone wants to show support to the project, please join up on our Discord and show some love to us, we are also accepting donations for the improvement of the features we have listed above. ALL donations will proceed to making the server better, server hosting and webhosting are currently shouldered by the team, so every donation we receive will go to procuring custom sprites and npcs for features we will release later.

This is the project where you will finally see some development. We also have great contributors to this project, so I would like to thank them wholeheartedly.

• Stolao
  • Cydh
  • Scylla
  • Akkarin
  • Haziel
  • Chemii
The team also has grown by so much that what we had before, and again, I would like to thank these people for their hard work

• Grey
  • Maxi
  • Cyro
  • Hanashi
  • Capricorn
  • Senjougahara
  • RicoTrooper
We could have never gone this far without you guys!

Useful Links:

Discord - https://discord.me/midicity

Forums -http://forums.neo-logics.com/

Wiki [ Needs so much work! If you help, please let us know ] - http://wiki.neo-logics.com/

--

Afterword

--

The ideas presented above can be copied by any other RO developer or RO owner. I do not own these ideas, even if I did come up with them, since RO in the first place is also owned by another person or company. If you can make our ideas above greater, good, if you can utilize our ideas for the betterment of your server, that is good also, but if you do a blotched job, shame on you.

yC

Your topic isn't a "Rant and Rave" (yet), moving this to Server Discussion.

Looks like you have a well layout of your server plan, looking forward to the execution and final product.

Cyan Hijirikawa

Thanks, also looking forward to it myself. Hopefully we can have more stuff done. Especially on web-based stuff. We practically have no solid web-presence at all. Which is sad.  /sob

Mrew2

Something I noticed right off the bat, in your bold you state that you won't be tweaking trans or 3rd job skills because this is a pre-trans only but then you add Trap Mastery to hunters, which is a 3rd job skill.

Counter - Doesn't seem right to work on ranged attacks.
Endure - Is the time reduced and global cooldown increased?
Steel Crow - Is that in addition to the extra damage it already provides to blitz beat? If not, you are severely gimping the falcon for non-full falcon builds.
All Blacksmith skills except Hammer Fall - Are these passive increases on top of their original effects of them being active skills? If so, why is Blacksmith the only class to get them?
Hammer Fall - Is the stun chance reduced to fall more in line with Bash? If not, this is pretty OP.
Acid Terror - Not sure most classes have the HP, without the extra 25% hp, to withstand an AD, especially if you have a skill that also increases its damage, unless they have full WoE gear, but even in that case they will die to two hits. Seems too OP when three alchemists will wipe whatever they touch.
Signum Crusis - I hope that reduction is a typo. Also not sure what you mean by reduce resistance to elements. Does that mean you will take more damage from elements or you will take closer to 100% damage from all elements? Both sound weird, especially with the 2^10 reduction you got going there. Also the part where it effects everybody but allies, means it effects random players.
Spirit Recovery - Is this a passive effect or a buff you place on yourself? Does it still hold its previous ability of absorbing other monk's spheres or your own spheres?
Combo Finish - Combo Finish, regain some sp, finger offensive, lose some sp, guillotine fist. Unless the combo order is changed, that's pretty much a one shot if a monk gets close.
Battle Meditation - Would be more balanced if the player still took the damage but that they also recovered sp, like HP Conversion.
Sonic Blow - Seems like needless extra advantage when Sonic Blow was already pretty solid.
Enchant Poison - With daggers, this seems broken, especially with how fast ASPD they can get.
Envenom - This is contradictory in the way it is written. Poisons a target regardless of resistance but resistance gears will lessen the chance. What?
Assassin Poisons - What do you mean by this? As in Poison the status effect now reduces all defenses by 75% instead of 25%? Or does the assassin set a different status that lowers defense more than the "normal" poison status?
Intimidate - A slightly weaker Backstab without having to hit their back then? Seems unnecessary.
Raid and Backstab - You kind of have a combo here but it makes the character broken. Hide, Backstab, Raid, Run away till cooldown ends and since you move faster you will get away, repeat. It will also hit harder than Asura in less time and has a high chance of causing bleed. No cast, only hide setup, which you don't even have to set up. That's pretty OP.
Sense - Global or Skill cooldown? I feel it should be global to be balanced.
Frost Coat - Broken. That is 30% chance per hit. 6% to 9% from a pest/sasquatch is bad enough. Basically just allows you to JT anybody for easy kills.
Soul Strike - Sounds convoluted and unnecessary. I highly doubt anybody would use it and would people with 1 Dex be able to pull it off? If not, then it is not a good mechanic.

Cyan Hijirikawa

Quote from: Mrew2 on Nov 15, 2016, 01:15 PM
Something I noticed right off the bat, in your bold you state that you won't be tweaking trans or 3rd job skills because this is a pre-trans only but then you add Trap Mastery to hunters, which is a 3rd job skill.

Counter - Doesn't seem right to work on ranged attacks.
Endure - Is the time reduced and global cooldown increased?
Steel Crow - Is that in addition to the extra damage it already provides to blitz beat? If not, you are severely gimping the falcon for non-full falcon builds.
All Blacksmith skills except Hammer Fall - Are these passive increases on top of their original effects of them being active skills? If so, why is Blacksmith the only class to get them?
Hammer Fall - Is the stun chance reduced to fall more in line with Bash? If not, this is pretty OP.
Acid Terror - Not sure most classes have the HP, without the extra 25% hp, to withstand an AD, especially if you have a skill that also increases its damage, unless they have full WoE gear, but even in that case they will die to two hits. Seems too OP when three alchemists will wipe whatever they touch.
Signum Crusis - I hope that reduction is a typo. Also not sure what you mean by reduce resistance to elements. Does that mean you will take more damage from elements or you will take closer to 100% damage from all elements? Both sound weird, especially with the 2^10 reduction you got going there. Also the part where it effects everybody but allies, means it effects random players.
Spirit Recovery - Is this a passive effect or a buff you place on yourself? Does it still hold its previous ability of absorbing other monk's spheres or your own spheres?
Combo Finish - Combo Finish, regain some sp, finger offensive, lose some sp, guillotine fist. Unless the combo order is changed, that's pretty much a one shot if a monk gets close.
Battle Meditation - Would be more balanced if the player still took the damage but that they also recovered sp, like HP Conversion.
Sonic Blow - Seems like needless extra advantage when Sonic Blow was already pretty solid.
Enchant Poison - With daggers, this seems broken, especially with how fast ASPD they can get.
Envenom - This is contradictory in the way it is written. Poisons a target regardless of resistance but resistance gears will lessen the chance. What?
Assassin Poisons - What do you mean by this? As in Poison the status effect now reduces all defenses by 75% instead of 25%? Or does the assassin set a different status that lowers defense more than the "normal" poison status?
Intimidate - A slightly weaker Backstab without having to hit their back then? Seems unnecessary.
Raid and Backstab - You kind of have a combo here but it makes the character broken. Hide, Backstab, Raid, Run away till cooldown ends and since you move faster you will get away, repeat. It will also hit harder than Asura in less time and has a high chance of causing bleed. No cast, only hide setup, which you don't even have to set up. That's pretty OP.
Sense - Global or Skill cooldown? I feel it should be global to be balanced.
Frost Coat - Broken. That is 30% chance per hit. 6% to 9% from a pest/sasquatch is bad enough. Basically just allows you to JT anybody for easy kills.
Soul Strike - Sounds convoluted and unnecessary. I highly doubt anybody would use it and would people with 1 Dex be able to pull it off? If not, then it is not a good mechanic.

The skills in itself are still under observation and is will still be tweaked further to keep them in check. These are just some of the basis of our changes. I'd also like to thank you for your insight about the skills and we will be heavily reviewing the skill changes. Tests will also be conducted to make sure it is not broken. Though, I do agree with Frost Coat being broken, but with its heavy cooldown, I think it just balances out perfectly. Frost Coat last for 30 seconds and have a 60 second cooldown.

Neffletics

At last, a new heavily-customized classic server. Good luck, Cyan!  /no1 (just showing my full support to your project)
solacero rip

Cyan Hijirikawa

Thanks, we're also going to actually REVAMP the whole thing now, that we got some custom maps we can use. It'll be a whole new RO now.

Cyan Hijirikawa

Heya guys, sorry for not updating this. Just had time now, had been busy lately.

All reworks above have been implemented, with minor changes to them. I will also now showcase a 1-1 rework and new skills as well.

Here's the list so far:

http://pastebin.com/mt3MWCih

Please give me your reviews or ideas and suggestions with the reworks above. I'll also be making a video soon about our server and how it works~

SoGoneGuy

Cool freaking ideas I hope it all falls through

DjSonic

There is another server in the works that trying innovative approach like this i think revivalofragnarok. Your idea is also great. So many server yet not one servers tries to address the fact that some classes are still not at par with others i end game PVE. Please see if you can address that. Like sin not chosen in ET parties, give them some DPS boost for PVE to be viable...and so on. Also, keep up the good work.

Cyan Hijirikawa

Hi, thanks for the positive replies. And no, we are not trying to be the same as Revival. Though we do wish to implement features never seen before in RO.

We are utilizing new maps, new mechanics and some new monsters. Many more features will be tweaked and changed, so this is basically a new RO game. No copy-paste features or anything like that. We will implement the changes above (the first ones are already done) and we will still continue to pave through our development with conviction of finally finding a RO server that is refreshing and enjoyable.

huwaat

just a Suggestion to Acid Terror sir... make it like the AD 10 hits version and delay but remove the VIT increase damage effect and then make it like a magic attack based skill like can increase damage by INT and MATK and then the element can be changed by weapon element equipped or element converter (because elements are too predictable and too easy).... but can be blocked also by pneuma...

Frost Coat - make it just like a Sasquatch card chance...

and also create a neutral bolt version for mage classes :)

Bakorzero

Make novice can equip simple bow lol XD it will be fun considering super novice have small hp poll :3
that if you implement the Super Novice job, dont really know if classic have super novice...
A flower of hope — a bond tying us together
Now grows within our hearts.
Forever unwilting, it gives us the power to go on living

Cyan Hijirikawa

Thank you for all the suggestions, we will take them into consideration, however, we do have plans set already and I know most players will be interested and become curious about them.

huwaat

im not so used to customs but this one i feel excited because i saw that this is really well planned and thought deeply and i believe the stats function will not emulate the renewal (which sucks imho). really want to see this begin. i am rooting for the success of this for you sir..