"Care Bear" Servers

Started by Guest, Jan 01, 2009, 01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okay simple topic, tell me what you think a "Care Bear" server is.

And with a simple topic comes simple rules:
Follow the forum rules.
No mentioning server names.

That's pretty much it, so tell me what you think a "Care Bear" server is~

Cielte

A server that won't let me dominate PvP >: Rofl

DragonHero

a server that has sprites for monsters called the care bears. ROTFL!

Yes! When i was a kid i watched that show. LMAO!
Come and play RuthlessRO! Its my new server! And i am trying to make it fun! To find my server just click the link under the image below!

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=4347&url_sname=RuthlessRO

You

No AOEs in town.
No vending on the streets.
Do not Ice Wall in WoE.
No dueling in Pront.
Do not drop items in Pront.
If a GM says they don't want to deal with your request, do not press the issue or you'll be jailed.

All on the same server.

Sildan

A server that bends too willingly to player demands

Hanyuu

Only one castle per guild. (If a guild has a castle, it means they're doing something right. Too bad if they dominate, teach your other players how to play)

No taunting in the PvP room. (C'mon! How else are you going to get people to keep coming in? If you can't attack their e-peen in more than one way, they'll run away)

No harassment of any kind. (Ooo, I called someone a sitch replace the s with a b. Ban me plz.)

Word filters. Enuff said.

GM who gives you gear you couldnt get otherwise in an easy hide and seek event. (Sorry you don't know how to play, here's a +100 Brisingamen [4], it's custom so you can have an advantage over the losers who keep owning you)
I cannot quench your thirst
Because even if you yearn for the truth, you refuse to believe in it.

I cannot quench your thirst
Because no such truth exists that you are in anticipation for.

But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one the that put you into the desert.

Littlechan

care bears server is...

1.server whose GM side with friends...

don't have any idea again...if I have some more, I'll post again XD

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

bleu

Quote from: JJJ on Jan 01, 2009, 01:24 PM

[youtube=425,350]iDX7IONg4p8[/youtube]
A scary server

Littlechan

Quote from: bleu on Jan 02, 2009, 12:26 AM
Quote from: JJJ on Jan 01, 2009, 01:24 PM

[youtube=425,350]iDX7IONg4p8[/youtube]
A scary server

why it is scary?

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Dean Stark

Quote from: Hanyuu on Jan 02, 2009, 12:00 AM
Only one castle per guild. (If a guild has a castle, it means they're doing something right. Too bad if they dominate, teach your other players how to play)

No taunting in the PvP room. (C'mon! How else are you going to get people to keep coming in? If you can't attack their e-peen in more than one way, they'll run away)

No harassment of any kind. (Ooo, I called someone a sitch replace the s with a b. Ban me plz.)

Word filters. Enuff said.

GM who gives you gear you couldnt get otherwise in an easy hide and seek event. (Sorry you don't know how to play, here's a +100 Brisingamen [4], it's custom so you can have an advantage over the losers who keep owning you)

this looks stragely familiar /hmm

Gabrielle

Personally, I feel that lolkids taking over some of the more populated servers and proliferating the idea that since it's the internet, they can do/say whatever they want, and there should be no consequenses at all have made this idea of "Carebear" servers even an issue.

Some servers take it too far in limiting everything, I agree, but there's a reason why they have, and lets put that straight here.

Flat out harassment of other people, and I mean flat: Chasing them around the server, harassing them in the forums, and following it out of the forums, following them to other servers when they leave, to wherever else they are, including some huge privacy invasions where the target is actually somehow contacted in person in some method(This is not a minority problem either, and I have seen this a whole hell of a lot), is way too extreme. These kids defend their actions saying it's their "Freedom of speach" to make these other people's time online a living hell, and  tout the idea of the "Freedom of the internet" as the reason they can act like this. People play games for fun, to enjoy themselves, which used to mean meeting new people, making new friends, playing around with them, and finding people that you don't like and striving to beat the crap out of them. However it seems that RO and many other online games has slowly become, in many servers, where fun to some players = tormenting other people.

Now, back to the point at hand: PVP/WoE is initially hostile. Where a server lets every guild have a castle, and that no guild can have more then one(if multiples are opened), or forcing restrictions on classes in WoE(I don't believe nerfing edp or like 'power' skills = balancing it, I think the way the game is set right now is how it was intended, SinX's are easially countered, and their high attack is supposed to be a counter against how relatively easially they can be taken down), goes a little to the "Carebear" side

However, In the longrun, I think there needs to be a term for the opposite side of the spectrum too. Some servers out there artifically boost up the WoE competition by limiting how many people can fit in a castle: when the officials have basically every castle opened, some other servers only have 3-7 or so castles for the same population, which ups this sense of lolkid attitude, turns WoE into an event that feels like bashing your head against a brick wall for an hour or two just to get to the other side, and harms other servers who seek to try to keep the norm in WoE. They openly support the EXTREMELY hostile actions of their players, and provide little to no support in TRUE harassment cases. I'm not talking the "HE CALLED ME A RETARD BAN PLZ" people, I'm talking extreme racism, sexism, sexual harassment, and on. And on top of that, I've seen people who have never considered botting/using WPE before actually attempt to use them out of pure frustration on servers like that just to get the proper edge to the competition. What do we even call servers like that?

EdenRO - 8/8/5 NEW Casual Low Rate, Grand Opening: 29th of December
http://edenro.net

mmmm mkay question for you all then~

lets say theres person X

now person X plays in 2 servers, in both servers he picks a person and starts insulting them:

but in server A, he is muted + jailed for harassment
but in server B, nothing is done to him, and the victim is told to use /ex or walk away next time

is server A a "care bear" server?

Head Monocle of DOOM

Is it kiddy insults or nazi grade insults?
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

Dean Stark

oohhh tough one... but aren't carebear servers largely affected by the community and not the GM's alone? sure he could be jailed and such but still it would be the community that sucks right? B is just like A only GM's never bother to do a thing =p

Quote from: Head Monocle of DOOM on Jan 02, 2009, 04:29 AM
Is it kiddy insults or nazi grade insults?
mmmm just for the heck of it lets say its the latter?