Town background sprites

Started by KawaiiOverdose, Nov 01, 2011, 12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KawaiiOverdose

Quote from: Aurora™ on Nov 02, 2011, 12:51 AM
RO =/= BrowEdit.

BrowEdit is a program people use to create custom maps or do any general map edits. You can also use a feature that allows you to see what a map looks like in-game, which you can take screenshots of, and voila! You have your town background.
but it won't run I have everything in the right folder and still nothing

Chemical Crush

Quote from: KawaiiOverdose on Nov 02, 2011, 12:57 AM
but it won't run I have everything in the right folder and still nothing

You DO need Ragnarok Online installed in order for Browedit to read the grf to pull the maps up.  So unfortunately you'll have to download RO to use browedit to pull up the images.  :(  Unless you have a really patient friend who has browedit who would be willing to get screen shots of exactly what you need.

KawaiiOverdose

Quote from: Chemical Crush on Nov 02, 2011, 01:00 AM
You DO need Ragnarok Online installed in order for Browedit to read the grf to pull the maps up.  So unfortunately you'll have to download RO to use browedit to pull up the images.  :(  Unless you have a really patient friend who has browedit who would be willing to get screen shots of exactly what you need.
But she said I don't need to have RO install and the libcurl dll wont go into the folder...

Chemical Crush

Quote from: KawaiiOverdose on Nov 02, 2011, 01:03 AM
But she said I don't need to have RO install and the libcurl dll wont go into the folder...

Eeeh I've never tried to run it w/o RO.  D:  I dunno then.  Maybe she'll respond again and let you know.  ;-;

KawaiiOverdose

Quote from: Chemical Crush on Nov 02, 2011, 01:08 AM
Eeeh I've never tried to run it w/o RO.  D:  I dunno then.  Maybe she'll respond again and let you know.  ;-;
I hope she does...I can't make comics without the backgrounds

Aurora™

You don't need RO installed, as far as I was aware, just GRFs for BrowEdit to read.

RMS has separate downloads for just the rdata and the data.grfs.

Chemical Crush

Quote from: Aurora™ on Nov 02, 2011, 01:29 AM
You don't need RO installed, as far as I was aware, just GRFs for BrowEdit to read.

Oooh, well then yeah if you can do that, all you need is the GRFs.  I've just always had RO on my computer lol.  e.e;

KawaiiOverdose

Quote from: Aurora™ on Nov 02, 2011, 01:29 AM

im using tilesets from RPG maker VX and XP since the libcurl dll wont go into the folder for it to run properly