Sysq0

lmao... /swt
no it is not.
this project no longer has any relation to RO

Naruto

Quote from: rubie123 on Nov 12, 2021, 06:39 AM
Is all this done with the RO client /?

Lots was done ... but i was a novice

sadly borf the owner of browedit the mapping tool we use for ragnarok customs doesnt really work too much on bromedit anymore and it was the only way of getting animated STATIC models working in ragnarok

last time i tried it didnt work at all but it did work at one point... he straight up said it didnt work but i got it to work and they were all mind destroyed

Im aware you could use gr2 models but im quite busy

Quote from: Sysq0 on Nov 13, 2021, 11:02 PM
lmao... /swt
no it is not.
this project no longer has any relation to RO

Ya reddit kinda useless except for posting videos that i dont want on my youtube

Also i fixed my GIFs so next time i get around pictures ill show you some

edit

Believe it or not i havnt been mapping but preparing the movement system.. managed to totally re write a locamotive system which is pretty cool but I think i could convert it to a C++ project once i finish animating it and cutting off the crap i dont really need

actually i should start converting everythng to c++ ._.

Naruto

So the past 2 weeks ive been rewriting a locomotive system and making it a bit more lightweight

You may ask why not just use it

well most of us have probably played on a emulator server hosted by a friend or themselves and pretty familiar with bugs

So i wanted to make sure there was none

Its pretty awesome and kinda depressing that the combat WILL be better then state of decay... The only thing is.. Optimization of textures and models... i am a noob at these technically and not sure what im doing because i cant test them properly but once we get all this stuff animated itll be a lot nicer

Another thing is the locomotive system isnt replicated... now ive never hosted any multiplayer but server replication means if I want that door to be open on my screen and only on my screen it is NOT replicated and the opposite would be

meaning the complicated animations graphs would need to be fully replicated and trust me i know there is over 150 variables and functions that are constantly on tick :|

Im not paid enough to bother testing that so this will do for now

https://www.reddit.com/r/R0pocalypse/comments/ra9dgn/new_world_part_12_finished_movement_system_mostly/

I actually did manage to fix my arms tonight ... although it wouldnt be perfect... im not sure but ill probably put the offsets together today

Naruto

So i managed to fix my GIFs like i said above

by the end of the night i hope i finish my animations but few problems will deal with eventually since sorta unique problems to the weapon types

Arm sway... I mean I kinda walk with my opposite arm swinging forward a bit but every single animation makes it look robotic

Ive been trying to make these footsteps look really good and think i got the "Process/Workflow" down for animating except........
Still havnt really gotten into root motion ... Ive DONE IT but dont know how it works because whenever i play with the dopesheet it just breaks lol

anyways past 2 weeks have been a bit slow but
Spoiler
I think i played about 600 ranked overwatch games and all my champions are ranked S within 1-20% percentile in skill charts
[close]
. . . I did managed to make these really nice animations between queue times though

Seeya soon

Naruto

Happy new year and hope everyone got through the holidays

Ive been working a bit lately but trying to do something else at same time but all going well

next up i need to make characters but decided to go straight to modular and see its effect on fps before getting mad

also thought about doppelgangers before characters are rendered...

things to consider... but not much to share

good luck

Naruto

Lol i know i dont post as much as before but now that everything is sorta done its just me working on my artistics s***

i wanted to work on my twitch channel so i made a thingy

although not sure how heavy those real static tvs are but im assuming that they weight, nothing but those twitch screens update in real time soooooooooooooooo fancy.

Got over 200 models in and ready for photoshop, and working on my skeletons... over 20 outfits but still looking over a few problems unfortunately

hopefully start killing something by the end of month but i know for sure we'll be doing photoshop stuff

Naruto

I got off my *** and wanted to figure out the IK foot steps since I need to finalize my Skeleton... soon, seems like theres no mistakes except........... that when constructing it, i set weird rolls to all the joints unknowingly... anyways it doesnt seem to be an issue within UNREAL ENGINE... but inside blender you CANNOT use it... weird but not the first time

so pretty much i got the body parts going and my workflow has been optimized for speed / quality... well for my age
along with many staple/base clothing items were gonna go over later

I achieved procedural movement

then he chilledout eventually

then we moved onto some more advanced testing and its going good...

hmm lots to it but ... still a few things about unreal and programming i dont know totally so ... were still learning crap but its mostly all finished

....so i figured something out but... still some more to do

BaphometRag

Quote from: Naruto on Jan 21, 2022, 09:52 PM
I got off my *** and wanted to figure out the IK foot steps since I need to finalize my Skeleton... soon, seems like theres no mistakes except........... that when constructing it, i set weird rolls to all the joints unknowingly... anyways it doesnt seem to be an issue within UNREAL ENGINE... but inside blender you CANNOT use it... weird but not the first time

so pretty much i got the body parts going and my workflow has been optimized for speed / quality... well for my age
along with many staple/base clothing items were gonna go over later

I achieved procedural movement

then he chilledout eventually

then we moved onto some more advanced testing and its going good...

hmm lots to it but ... still a few things about unreal and programming i dont know totally so ... were still learning crap but its mostly all finished

....so i figured something out but... still some more to do

Are these Ragnarok character

Naruto

Quote from: BaphometRag on Jan 27, 2022, 02:19 AM
Are these Ragnarok character

technically you could use granny to get 3d skeletons in like the woe guardians but the client probably isnt built to handle that... honestly idk man i never tried spawning 10000 guardians and seeing what happens

but ya ive posted above my slime/poring example and i could whip something up but.... it would never look the same really...

wLink

Damn, I always thought RO only uses sprites, I didn't realise sword/bow guardian are actual 3d models.

skyeang3l

Quote from: wLink on Jan 27, 2022, 09:49 AM
Damn, I always thought RO only uses sprites, I didn't realise sword/bow guardian are actual 3d models.
It's a mixture. The emp for example is also a 3D Model.
Yare yare daze~

Naruto

so i managed to finish everything by the end of the month... i mean i need to run through photoshop for probably 2-3 days straight but should be easy enough

100+ models prepared
over 50 combinations for male and females... excluding haircuts

so along with those we did add a new movement system that alot of you saw on my reddit

ok but woopsies i made a huge mistake because i wanted to actually learn myself and not just use a built in blender skeleton

anyways

i just extruded these and pulled them out and didnt see that they were twisted, and now i cant flip them properly
although not a huge issue
it is kinda annoying BECAUSE

I need to fix my clothings...its annoying because i need to weight a good skeleton... ok but id have to restart, so the problem with that is if i unroll them then well the animations break

BUT then we could flip them

so its like well im sorta lazy and only animations that need to be flipped are walking animations and stuff...

so as im writing this im trying to decide if i should restart all the animations... i think i have over 25 to do but will still take all day

WELP

good news is i did figure out what sort of game were gonna be making, taking alot of feedback and "considering the future of development and content additions"

edit:

getting the last few things together like faces, renaming bones... I also added butt bones because i now realize the importance of having your buttcheeks on new bones

This is gonna take me all night.. at least 3 hours lol

Sairek Ceareste

Quote from: skyeang3l on Jan 27, 2022, 10:08 AM
It's a mixture. The emp for example is also a 3D Model.

Also the WoE flags that host guild emblems on them. They're NPCs but they're also 3D!

It's actually kind of weird how all the 3D entities that exist in the game are exclusive to only War of Emperium content. Gravity could have done so much more with using 3D model entities. Feels like a missed opportunity; I definitely prefer the vast majority of everything being 2D rather than 3D for sure, but they could have at made like a gigantic 3D raid boss or something like that.

Naruto

When i first saw that granny program i was overwhelmed by it but that was an insanely long time ago lol

So the past week ive been working on finishing my skeletons and stuff

Ive learnt alot on how to make 3d skeletons , managing the weights without destroying it... its actually pretty cool and was one of my concerns for a long time but now that is dealt with....

I packaged my game for the first time and it launches in 2 seconds and gets 60 FPS even with
Spoiler
NGS
[close]
open

I saw the error window and everything looks good to me few corruptions actually had to remake a few blueprints cause somethings just werent deleting because i was doing it all at once nuke mode

I renewed my photoshop and hope to hammer out a nice shader and art style ... Also i didnt showcase them but my males and females are VERY different and had a cram course on morph targets

oh and the clothing system sorta finished

one problem:

My OUTLINES like BORDERLANDS... For some reason i dont think having a outline on each modular piece is going to work...
>Head Mesh
>Head Outline
>Body Mesh
>Body Outline

All the pieces.

I dunno but im not exactly aiming for a metriod-vania speed head game so we will test it very soon

wew... these 5 years are really coming through now