ROpocalypse - The Untitled Project

Started by Naruto, Apr 21, 2019, 09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naruto

So im still working on my client
so far so good

meanwhile ive been thinking of how to progress and ill be dividing the work load like this

dot hack fan server :
copy ragnarok art style as much as i can
8 directions like iro
balanced for pvm pve just like i planned

my game:
my art style
8 directions
balanced for pvm and pve

trying to make my own sprites for characters are soooo annoying and i can make more spoky horror with my pencil sooooooooooo that means ill probably be making sprites a lil bigger but not too big because i hateeeeeee when textures clip over each other >_>

anyways first draft for my idle poses

this way i can do both... instead of sweating over a hot photoshop trying to nail a sprite

i can do 6 frames in the same time i did my girl... probably way less

still gotta animate it and stuff but not a big deal ill figure that out once i get it in photoshop

hey whats that your reading?
why do you care you cant read

i saw some dude walking in front of me, he kinda looked like this ^

oh what a coincidence i also saw some girl in a bra that day too walking on the street ofc

no not in my room, im not that lucky
Spoiler
she was walking with her shinobi actually
[close]

but i finished this and needed to look at a few iro sprites like gangster and gemini,

its pretty much the same as gangster sprite just bigger and i can re draw it easily...

I dunno i thought about throwing it on a model and moving pieces but it sounds like too much work when i can get away with more gore and more details on a bigger sprite... not sure if ill scale it down or what but we'll see and try everything i can ... maybe make a third person view WORST CASE .... < would that be possible editor?

editor sends out some shadow clones

"no i dont think its possible "

hmmm playing around with satan morroc i think i COULD achieve something....

I dont think i could use many things to begin with that were client side...

maybe i will just strip down some ro sprites >_> very tiresome

hmmmm its not that i cant sprite you know its just weird... i could work my donkey off making a nice ro nake but id have to copy the art style WHICH THEY COULD NOT KEEP UP for everything >_>

another thing i could try was a simple top down view.... honestly i could be more productive but.......

Well i got nothing else to do but try so maybe ill do that tomorrow

as much as it would sound like dead frontier 1... it would be very different and me and the dev have an understanding already

I mean im positive i can find a way to make you move with the key board lol

So drawing a few things + understanding of frames skills and all that i think it could work. . . need to make a roughhhhhhhhhhh

with all these extra job sprites i can make gorefied job sprites to switch inbetween hahahahahaha

if im gonna cheat though im gonna need at least destructible environment

and you know me right im gonna stick to it  /kis

playing aroud never looked at the game from this angle hahaa

woww i never looked at my map from this angle before

thats pretty good.....

Naruto

hey guys my hard drive was hanging on its last limb for like 3 months... im amazed it survived so long cause it was just waiting for it to be turned off lmao...

anyways be back in a bit

Naruto

Although I have started working on my new sprites, I cant upload gifs on my back up laptop....

Guess thats ok, should be back next month though  /no1

Hmm more like I cant so easily post my gifs so casually anymore >_> nyann.....

Anyways this is litterly just 1 frame flipped between each other haaha

Hmm although my map is awesome, i might still have to do the same amount of work.... maybe just a bit less care to detail which is a good thing

All my current effect tool effects are getting kicked out now and replaced

but... maybe this will work...

wow this quality is garb

ah right and the last few seconds show how the sprite squishes at the 90degree angle, so i gotta set it to like 85 degree which is pertty good too but ill have to fix a few things... and dedicate my new mapping style to accomodate the 85 degree thing...

lets see how much i do today then

I was gonna do weapon animations next but.... gonna see how clothing looks now

ive only added like 1 hat tbh i think it was a back pack by adel or something

alright so i finished lining up all the anchors and sprites, and that whole angle thing is annoying but can be dealt with...

so that aside everything looks awesome,

alright so i do have upload them as webms for the time being so bear with me, im not cutting my music out sorry

https://webm.red/NvQg.webm

its kinda funny im the creator/developer for this stuff and i enjoy watching and re reading everything i post... wonder if my favorite authors are the same too

alright next up is weapon animations, ive prepared my stances while doing the dishes today, and will be reusing the old ranger one i did with two hands out where i can stick a pistol in one or replace it with a two handed

and of course a melee weapon, wasnt sure if i wanted an over hand or horizontal swing for the mercenary class....

Unfortunately Im not sure how to edit the animation slots.. so it will remain class based until i do figure it out...(probably not so thats why ill just keep working)

dual wield, two hand... you know katana wielder animations etc etc

like i said i  can probabbly get away with some of these things 

i was gonna go for some fancy angle stance but wait isnt ro 4 sides for attacking stances?

maybe i should do it like this and see how it goes

id say thats about 3 verticle torse lengths wide...

gotta do something about those animations but ill just copy hunter for now

/omg

looking pretty good though . . . (my hd actually did blowz up)

so i finished the job sprite along with the realignment of all my anchors for weapons (guns anyways... pistols huh? i actually didnt consider it for some reason... oh right its in case i cant add anymore specific slots ( like im limited to 20 bow slows and so on )  swords arent too bad cause i can split fist and sword slots  ( pretty sure that how they are after 120 + )

https://webm.red/N9HF

probably gonna do a melee animation tonight

also i was thinking about what to do with the sitting animation seeing how we are going to go top down instead of isometric  style

actually i decided this a while ago but didnt feel like posting it

ill be using the sitting animation for a PINNED sprite... you know in left4dead when you get pounced by a hunter and no one knocks it off you and your just staring at it claw you out for like 2 minutes because in versus hunters do 0 damage to you once your downed. . .

. . .

anyways ill be using for a pinned animation, how to incorporate a monster to pin me?
Well by making it transform of course i can even give it unique skills while its pinning me...

ill probably be able to stack it

i dont lie that often

editor note : you might have a heart attack if you try to do that tonight  /swt

hmmm i was never that good at drawing.... but after reading a ton of manga I guess i picked up a few things...

i can see a few things... not just pins but also maybe bleeding out and getting eaten by zomboidddsss

but its not just zombies here folks

"why not just do this from the beginning?"
- i did! >_>  . . .  .

Spoiler
actually you might be surprised how prepared i was for this /kis2 /o only difference was I couldnt truely plan for things i couldnt do ?
So mostly theory crafting... I mean I was ready to fold and use rpg maker if nothing good was released... so i planned for what i KNEW was possible like... electric shock - amplify damage, dot , spreadable etc... oh nature magic... rooting enemies and crowd control ETC  but i thought drawing fantasy monsters was impossible for SOME REASON.......................... ... so like when i think about drawing a dog, i just pretend its a human with 4 legs and walking on its hands and knees then stick out its nose a bit and throw on a tail and the hip bone , there perfect dog
[close]

Naruto

so thats done... i need a monster to test this with now... should be easy

the only thing i was thinking about was :

What if  I did give GENERIC zombies their own sprite ? I could use the special monster spawn for job sprites and just have them switch between clothing items.............

BUT whats the point

I can just draw a bunch of them lol

cant swing my arms around but thats fine... i could probably just change job sprite and switch to something with an attack / receiving damage animation of you being on the floor resisting and fighting back

i could actually make it pretty cool

hmm i actually have to do that now unless i wanna make a perfect flee thing... lol

alright so after developing the skills to do this its only possible to do this like this :
(oh i know you wanna know the code i used)

soooooooooooo .....................

the idea is to use the job sprites to support all my monsters,

also having an invisble job sprite who mearly, walks monsters although it would be targetable... hmm maybe not that but i can probably just use mob sprites for hordes and just give hordes a eating thing idk ill think about it later

but just using a simple ball and drawing over it will work for most encounters

and merely changing items or something... thats next  /pif

"can you just draw stuff for us?"

-

cant use mob avail simply,, gotta take a closer look tonight

but in the mean time gotta redo it with monster

probably done tomorrow :p

Naruto

thats done...

seems like monster have a lower priority in the sprite formation then me........

sex positions lol
https://youtu.be/kPadE6txI_Q?t=39

that wont really work

ill just give job sprites a "Tripped" animation where you can be attacked while you pathetically lay in last stand until

1) i wanna give you a "second wind"sort of skill that has a 3 minute ish adjustable cooldown that automatically gets you to your feet
2) you manage to pull yourself together
3) wounded etc

working on my attack animations for zombie

https://webm.red/vb9o.webm

Naruto

so ive been working on the animations for the shambling zombies,

now i can just make a bunch and add clothing to them, add tattered rags sort of thing and bloody wounds... guts hanging and the sorts

i was thinking about you know different animatinos for different things... well thats acceptable just not for my zombies really...........

i can have you chop off a scorpions tail or claw.... or rip the tentacles off a whats his name ? squid guy

but zombies meh... too many frames too many variations, ill just keep writing

https://webm.red/PhNn

alright whats next.... havnt said that in  a while

Naruto

i screwed around with browedit trying to figure out some mechanics and stuff

long story short im gonna make a sci fi-y map

gonna lay out that grid across space,
split it up
add a planet
add some moons

then add some debris and asteroids

itll be like that time haruhi and the brigade fight the pc nerds but 3 dimensional

gonna save that for later though *pushes it aside*

dont really need to design any more town atm, maybe ill give walking stumbling zombies an aura that pushes everyone to make some sort of ragdoll effect...wonder how that would look...

so gonna work on making zombie kills nice

i wonder if that would work . . .  /ho

actually the thought of being pushed by a horde down an alley sound pretty cool to me...

lets try that tonight then *crosses fingers*

Naruto

well it work

but i need to make a custom area

probably not gonna work though properly

oh well

https://webm.red/oca0.webm

Naruto

Today I wanna work on my squad mates...

Sure it is fun playing alone... but I wanna try and:

1) not have to use merc and homun
2) try to have 2 different homuns at the same time
or
3) try to have 2 different mercs

gotta get some food first though  /gg

im a zombie on my other server >_>

Still playing around,
Figured out how to save multiple homunculus but really want 2 out... for some reason i dont think its gonna happen without alot of re writing

screw it

ill just keep doing without breaking too much for now

its possible i can be indiscreet about it and make mercenary menu look like a homun...

but the other stuff gonna have to wait until im done ... no reason to push too hard on the src atm

Naruto

No graphics

No code to share

Just trying to make my mercenary level off experiance instead of kills

So far its all good

gotta keep looking around though >_>

editor note : we are very pleased that the current progress was able to be re compiled.

naruto:you have no idea

Naruto

Right so getting back on track,

So i thought about how to play everything out and considering how good sprites looks so far, im just gonna go ahead and make an MMORPG out of it, rather then any timed round stuff...

That means I gotta make my scenes bigger ;

I triple the size and added some rails to go out and stuff,

Im gonna have the intro take place in the tunnels,

A tunnle filled with grubby bugs and locust grass hoppers

Im working on a map for it

I need to make a couple things... a broken wall we can walk through, and some calcium build up or something

webs and eggs would be nice too

so 22 fields of this.... maybe a few changes... but itll only take 5-10 minutes to get out of the intro if you wanna go on the surface with the stupid zombies.. not sure if ill include them in the tunnle or whatever but with warps being enabled for monsters, idk maybe a few

The idea was to not just be zombies...

It should look good but

Itll probably be fields sorta like ro with mvps in designated area and such

Once i get this done the first thing im building is an aimbot homnuculus thats more then useful, something you can depend on while you control your character

Naruto

Just playing around testing the sprite, I need to make it bigger but im hungry

No skills or anything yet, just my old burst sound effect that i havnt bothered changing

Probably gonna make alot of the effects gore.... idk yet

btw posting webms cause i can let them roll longer

https://webm.red/3Phl.webm

gonna make the  models i need to finish seeing how my sprites are out of the creation stage and nhave been approved

made them bigger and pocket size gif

And im working on a buggy wall... I got the idea from the alien series how the aliens secret a resin from their mouths to build their hives... thats how they're all made right ? anyways :

The big thing is a bit much, but the rest of them seem to fit... might change the color a bit and need a new texture for my floor

Yeah it probably didnt look like I was gonna do a non zombie game... nah I like resident evil series like crazy... so its gonna be every monster ive ever seen :P

Also a ton of little things might make things look better i know

One thing ive considered was to shrink the damage numbers like 3-4 times smaller, dont really need em but kinda if your a meta kid... maybe a blood splatter number set haha

Naruto

3 minute webm of me screwing around on my new map
https://webm.red/hFWz.webm

2 new pocket size gif with effect tool :

I even show off how good it looks with a RO camera view :P

So theirs a few things I could do client wise like changing my summons into military dudes but im in a hurry

Honestly if i have anyone say anything about my custom skills 1 more time im gonna just flip out on NovaRO

Might need to play with the lighting a bit but its fine maybe

I wanna complete a few more sprites, an ant and maybe a grass hopper for these tunnles,

Miniboss planned for around 2:50 when i stare at the wall i wanna open it up and continue deeper in the actual hive

Besides that i wanna make a green glow for effect tool and thatll be it

Then on the one side my rails are gonna be plugged ... this is where we will start the adventure

We can keep moving out but after i complete those 2 things ill move up to the surface, and maybe give it a street look...

Im a bit slow compared to how big im gonna start making my maps

I really didnt mind all the parking lots, as that was the perfect place to drag a horde or MvP to fight without too much distraction

But these maps will seem alot less big once your striding around in mech suits . . . skills arent an issue... i need a game first  /omg

"canz i playz dis on duh raganrok emulator with ragnarok sprites?"
- Yeah probably look pretty normal, I didnt expect to change my mapping up as i might use it for the net slums

DjTeddySpin

Good job so far! I am rooting for you.
My Old Emblem Request Thread [color=red](Closed)[/color]

Naruto

Quote from: DjTeddySpin on Aug 05, 2019, 11:28 PM
Good job so far! I am rooting for you.

Thanks

At this point its a whole less problems , and a lot more content . .

Anyways I spent the day working on some new sprites to get my subway tunnle map up

And along with it a skill, for one of the mini boss enemies

So he was based off tonberry from the final fantasy series, no tail just the gloomy hood and lantern

His skill summons maggots around you,
Might play with the area,
And the delay on it can probably be changed if i switch to targeting... but not really bothering me ATM

this was all i could come up with though for the code...

case CL_MAGGOT:
int md1 = mob->once_spawn_sub(src, src->m, x-5, y, clif->get_bl_name(src), 1005, "", SZ_SMALL, AI_NONE);
int md2 = mob->once_spawn_sub(src, src->m, x+5, y, clif->get_bl_name(src), 1005, "", SZ_SMALL, AI_NONE);
int md3 = mob->once_spawn_sub(src, src->m, x, y-5, clif->get_bl_name(src), 1005, "", SZ_SMALL, AI_NONE);
int md4 = mob->once_spawn_sub(src, src->m, x, y+5, clif->get_bl_name(src), 1005, "", SZ_SMALL, AI_NONE);
mob->spawn (md1);
mob->spawn (md2);
mob->spawn (md3);
mob->spawn (md4);
break;

same method for chain lightning... and not sure compatible it is with a NON GROUD PLACE  ( this is ground placed not target ... mobs could cast target skills way faster )

also working on one of the bigger enemies on the side

this little guy is already finished just needs to be put together

So after those 2 mobs, ill be done with the monsters for this area, and ill probably get my skills sorted out and start writing an intro

Oh yeah its gonna be maggots and the green flies in that summoning skill... not just the maggots