ROpocalypse - The Untitled Project

Started by Naruto, Apr 21, 2019, 09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naruto

Been working on a bunch of new textures + experimenting with water and sun beams

I think im gonna let myself continue...

durr what happn when u turn

also my old grf
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18DdTpEx6t7qyhGH9-J1d6wrQzG9LK5PP
sprites and sound
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_7oKxQqU9r2ZUIc1R7EVZrtbd0IOgoY3

I wouldnt bother with the sprites and sound unless you really want them lol

Naruto

I made some walls, some of them need a re map  but its ok i think its passable

Working on light beams a bit more

The general idea is great but i need to change the actual texture

Naruto

Ive reorganized my tiles, and changed a few , extended a couple.

Changed my floor ( Probably gonna change it again )

Naruto

look ok so far

I made some animated flags, that wave in the wind thanks to bromedit

Gonna have to slow them down, they seem to look faster up close... no big deal

Next step is to add street lamps, and lamps on side of buildings, that will produce the light dim effect we often see at really good timings around dusk when street lamps turn on and the sun is still out... maybe it will look good.

Spoiler
Im probably just gonna slice up the iRo maps, and turn those into smaller dungeon style rooms like we see in the lost forest... whatever i dont use as field anyways... it will be fun break picking up techniques for end game ofc
[close]

Spoiler
I also need sea gulls
[close]

Naruto

Dont laugh. But I worked really hard on these lights.

They are 100% no post editting, meaning its all textures and polygons with the base brow edit lighting.

I think they match the feel of the map, all my models are looking good together.

Next !

So I finished my light poles, different from what will be in the street, these are were designed to complement to water

That light green might need a fix,
Gonna surround the rest with a green railing

Then I gotta work on the bridge  /wah

And I finished the railing, I gotta do a store front but im gonna wait till i do my bridge first

Xarale

Haven't commented on this yet, but.. this is really awesome stuff.  Fantastic job with the lighting especially!

I look forward to seeing more, keep up the awesome work. :D~

-X.

Naruto

Quote from: Xarale on Jun 18, 2019, 06:52 PM
Haven't commented on this yet, but.. this is really awesome stuff.  Fantastic job with the lighting especially!

I look forward to seeing more, keep up the awesome work. :D~

-X.

Colors lights are another story...mixing them up with darkness was easy but now we gotta play around more

Im gonna keep going, I got a light set up im pretty okay with

The second image is in the shadow of the main building , I think ill make the bulbs a bit darker on the main street cause it looks sweet on the dock area

Speaking of which I think ill just make a dock.

Also

I was a bit worried about my lights to be honest, but I think im gonna get away with it

Naruto

So I took sometime today to finish up most of my things

todo list :
-some more flags, banners more like-it
-fix railing texture / fix roof texture (those bricks are for my shadows)
-add a few boats, and back drop

I just threw everything together so i didnt delete my shadowing breaks or place my sunbeams since were teleporting around youll never notice anyways.

Its a bit small right now but will accommodate all my needs... Maybe ill add an interior but I dont really need it. Ill expand it later.

Naruto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI69SC8esVY

So i released a playable beta on rA and Herc....

A few things I coulda easily fixed but I think its funnier leaving them that way.

As for me, Im done and I quit.

JK

Ill be finishing the map progressivly, I just wanted the port anyways but i made you guys and open area for your crap just in case you wanna play...

But now im gonna move on a bit more, organize all my code and get comfy......

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xw8qAKuopjpo5YIFPwv81DruDWdHbiTN

So what... 2 months ago i started Ropocolypse and realized the power of art
Not last november but the one before I started hacking away at your open source poo poo

I wonder what would have happened if I just used unity lol

First thing is im gonna delete everything I added for sharing

Naruto

Made the map smaller, I didnt need all that room...

Instead of making my bridge and expanding my town I just made a balcony for now

Working on making my portal look better next up are the rings.. then ill fine tune my texture

Also organized my keywords and stuff, and thought about how Im gonna set it up... a million maps is a bit much so were gonna get really creative

And of course I got my music in game, working perfectly, I had to add fade in and fade out but its the exact same thankfully

Anyways, See you when I see you nerds /no1

Naruto

things all good

dont really keep this in check now

working on my portal... also made the sharingan... just a testing thing though

thinking about how to set up the affinity system and not just a spoon feed tutorial....

Probably gonna make it a quest and i suggest an element to you based on your style of play... Sort of the questions but in a quest...

Somehow..

Naruto

When I first started working on the ragnarok emulators... I instantly began writing a story line, and making characters and working on my dialog....

Was I already confident that I had no issues?

I mean I knew id have to pick a autodesk some day, but a simple retexture could accomplish so much

Im really excited to start writing again haha...

No real updates to share.   /kis

Only that I think ill be removing mages and archers from the game  /hmm

"HUH"

Naruto

So the past few days I was working on some scripts, So far everything seems to be working well and yeah.

So now im starting with the dungeons,

Thinking about how everything is... I mean I think i just might re make everything and say f*** gravity im liking these textures.

But ill still be using these job sprites for a while. . .

Anyways :

No gimmicks or effects, just 1 lightbulb with a less intense diffuse...

We are looking at it from all sides because this is why I stopped working on the City (For now.)

I  dont think id be able to fill the game up with military style / modern usable effects anyways so ill just go finish this for now and pick up more techniques and stuff  /no1

Also finished my floor

I dont like to waste though, and I like alot of iro maps....

Some maps ill probably just add the [gravity] ( and my tag for my maps etc etc) tag when your in the warp system, and ill probably turn dungeons into quests rather then farming areas... doesnt really matter

Naruto

That being said and after playing around a few more things Ive realized :

Models and Walls react to light maps different, bouncing light differently

- Macanu looks fine, good cause everything is models, i built walls myself in 3ds

therefore everything reacts the same

-Now i try to add pillars and little lips to the floor and stuff, attached to the wall

Totally different

Im not even gonna bother with it  /no1

So i jumped to the next tile set...

Yes I think im gonna use a Tileset tag ,unlike the actual dot hack series.. its almost impossible to find the tileset you want without getting lucky or keep track of them as you play

Anyways the benefit to me accepting the mapping style I will be going with is this :

Im just touching up the textures but it looks awesomeeeeeeeeeee

and ill be able to use a generator using these textures, so I can actually make a seemingly endless world...

Im gonna have a heart attack . . .

Finally I got a bunch of textures... and everything all set...

But now I want cut-ins of aura and the gloomy looking one is a buzz kill >_> need to get a scanner

Naruto

so i got a scanner

Turns out the wandering ai i like is someone else.

I had to remove a spear from her arms and stuff... and used scanner to build her arms

Yeah i could probably give you something to play but this is funner making my cut ins  /lv

ah s***

hands are the worst thing ever though..

oh yeah and i tried to release something on rA but its more then a ragnarok texture > _ < jeez

also if you ever get professional printing done, they have a problem with reds , i dont get it

Yeah i actually do have a back up plan :P

Wait actually thats the back up to my back up plan cause my first plan failed

then after i do all that my good friend from cc corp takes over and finishes it for me , i just gotta mirror it

gonna have to go over everything but itll work eventually then ill be able to actually have a decent guide npc

And luckily I have alot of experience drawing lumps under clothing like here : we needed to make her arm lift her robe

Might be a little funny looking until im 100% done though :P