RMS Home | Guide Writing | Test Server | New Servers | Latest Reviews

Author Topic: ROpocalypse - The Untitled Project  (Read 121401 times)

Offline Naruto

Re: ROpocalypse - The Untitled Project
« Reply #225 on: Jun 19, 2021, 06:02 pm »
Top of the page?

Right so ill have another video uploaded tonight but lets get my first set of patch notes out lol

Added melee system, mostly finished could use another combo slot
Gun system pretty much ready could use more fire modes and variables + crosshair rip
stagger system needs some improvement

Also reorganized everything... need to delete a few things after we migrate a few more functions

Also got a bunch of zombie animations to deal with

So all in all its looks pretty good.... gonna add as much stuff as i can tonight

seeyou soon

Advertisement

Offline Sysq0

« Reply #226 on: Jun 20, 2021, 02:28 pm »
wtf does any of this have to do with RO?  /hmm

Offline Naruto

« Reply #227 on: Jun 21, 2021, 12:48 am »
wtf does any of this have to do with RO?  /hmm

Nothing anymore but ill probably come back and launch a server since ive learnt how to program alot better someday

Ive also watched a dozen servers burn down and seen admin corruption if your interested

I think my favorite is killing the people at seals when they wont let you leech  /heh

Also finishing my interface probably wont be showing anything off until it gets on steam though hmmm

Offline Eiponpon

« Reply #228 on: Jun 23, 2021, 01:43 pm »
so basically a super custom zombie server?

Offline Naruto

« Reply #229 on: Jun 23, 2021, 10:05 pm »
so basically a super custom zombie server?

well before it was a north american apocalypse ... but i started making "Fantasy" ish biomes right like adding giant worms and bugs, and slime to the undergroud train tunnles and it looked great really.

So no not just zombies but everything horror

Inspired by Dark Eden

But something i originally wanted to do with the REAL ragnarok assests was expand on the world adding more fields and changing the maps around for example:

Payon Island was shrouded in darkness and overgrowth, and it became harder to navigate through Payon Island right so sometimes when you CHANGE maps your character COULD GET LOST in a random exagerated overgrown forest area...  ontop of the darker maps and even more poisonous monsters... some special MvPs only come out at night...

I say this because honestly think lots of this game goes to waste now with renewal instance being the main thing.. but ragnarok already ran its course.... and its not mine

but i also tried .hack// things and that looked sweet so were in a predicament ...

SO

Im taking my Horror Game to Unreal Engine because i really need my own effects... and database but... I wouldnt mind making a custom ragnarok server

This topic is like 3 years old btw and the reason the first few pages are missing cause I kept getting trolled but realized i was just being overdramatic because either way id just continue but enjoyed typing things out.. and here we are 3 years later and im sitting on something really good and trolled alot less frequently  /no1

Offline Naruto

« Reply #230 on: Jul 03, 2021, 09:12 pm »

Offline Naruto

« Reply #231 on: Jul 18, 2021, 01:31 am »
dungeon generator

actually kinda funny along time ago i asked for some help with a script from dot hack

still dont think you could generate anything with that beyond what we remade with the keyword system where it just took chunks of map names

(pay)_(dun)_(01)
Or
(pay)_(fild)_(01)

so its kinda nice also its 3D

Offline Naruto

« Reply #232 on: Jul 25, 2021, 08:34 pm »
So ive been working on the logic for my dungeons and its going well but not posting to talk about that but actually another thing

Ive been working on a runescape account because this old game called Domain of Heroes doesnt exist anymore

And so i sit here in the New modern version with a real particle system and the game is fun but i was trying to figure out WHY i couldnt remake it with my current assests

Then i noticed the burnt trees of the wilderness and thought NAH that cant be it

So i teleported to lumbridge to find the (second) largest trees in the game the massic oak and willow trees

they are a bit tiny? I guess its just un realistic but still looks the part... it think thats it

(click to show/hide)

DoH was this old donkey web game where you could send your dude out in dungeons and hed fight until he ran out of HP with pretty nice mechanics... dead now tho

and thats reletive to me cause I think i wanna remake dark eden in a runescape engine

Offline Naruto

« Reply #233 on: Aug 20, 2021, 04:43 pm »
So i finished putting everything together and im ready to build my game + resources all set and prepared to be used

but im kinda bored? not really but i felt like screwing around on the emulator

we'll see what i can do meanwhile ill be thinking about stuff and heres the last clip from my game

Still alot to do but the template is prepared and ready to be expanded on with assests and stuff

Im not sure what i was gonna do with ragnarok but i was gonna write a few scripts and make some procedural stuff its just kinda sucks how limited we are with the mapping and everything pretty well client side but... I thought it might be a nice little break while I think about how i wanna continue my game

I really need to release a beta though SO maybe ill think of a BETA release and then ya.

Seeya later  /no1

Offline Naruto

« Reply #234 on: Sep 05, 2021, 11:38 am »
So i added my first developer joke today

So Sub quests will be found in all hubs right

These npcs will be the most beautiful and cool looking characters i can create at the time of my skill level

Your probably wondering how good I am so far well, lets keep that a secret BUT i will show you the first of my monster icons that will be used in the  " Current Target" interface normally found at the top along with other targets in moderate range...

Whats the joke?
The joke is that only side quest NPCs will have lewd girls... Which is coincidently a side quest of mine ( No time to draw just like someone may have no time for side quests )

He turned out great actually could see myself turning 3d models in 2d sprites some day, just some slime.. the bars are supposed to be tentacles but being avoided

And the sprites , one of the less impressive ones will generally be showed next to the scrolling text (more complicated then youd think)

Once i get the npc system updated ill move into the game a bit but this needs to be perfect

Actually while im here. .
I really wish i could draw like the pros at gravity but i litterally have no idea how. Im pretty good at photoshop though so results can be pretty good

so this morning i spent like 2 hours on "a chest template"

lol
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2021, 11:52 am by Naruto »