ROExt - mouse freedom and some tweaks

Started by Ruri, Sep 18, 2008, 02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruri

Muad_Dib, it's also attached as file to the first post.

SilverStream~, to enable/disable any customizations you can use command line or edit dinput.ini whatever you prefer.

Kari

Suggestion:
Make the key remapping settings in parts.
In other words, seperate the F Key Part, the CTRL/ALT part, and the mouse parts.
I'd like to use some, but not all.

Mei89

hello i'm a total newbie about those things and found out your program because kaspersky see the old mousefreedom as a trojan so here i am!
my only problem is that mouse freedom to me it's useful if i can play in windows mode 800x600 or so and even tough you posted the code i dunno how to use it to reduce the ragnarok window to 800x600
could you post how to do it if possible with screens *_* don't forget you're talking with a total newbie when it comes to coding and so on.

thanks in advance

edit: thanks to a friend  now it's in windows mode but there is another problem if you could fix it that every client you open will be placed on the old one if it's could could you fix it so that you can move the clients windoes trough your mouse?  would be perfect :D

Ruri

Update:
Fixed hang when ctrl and alt simultaneously released in keyboard remap mode. Thanks to ultramage for reporting.

Kari, I might make remapping separable if there will be more demand for it.

Mei89, disable WindowLock if you want to move the window.

Rad

neat. :D Gotta update the dinput.dll in my client files :P Thanks for sharing! Hope this fix the bug that occur when you open another app that is in fullscreen.

0pium

Still hangs on different skill bars, most often the third. It's like holding down the ALT button without doing it :)

Ruri

It's not a hang - you can switch skill sets manually and everything else works fine. To avoid selecting wrong skill set don't press or release ctrl/alt during loading screens.

fire9

Thank you for this. It's really helpful.  ;)

Hans

Ruri a great job, I never imagined that just a simple dll could improve both the performance, not a game like ragnarok ..

My question is: is there any way that I can customize my own buttons? If so how I do it?
In addition to these changes already made by you which more are possible using the dll's? how can I learn to do things like that?

@edit
Quote...
There is automatic mode and two manual modes of CPU usage reducing:
a) Light - activated by turning on ScrollLock.
b) Heavy - can be toggled on/off by Ctrl+S.

In the examples cited above, if I open the game with the scroll on the way light is turned on or only when, if I turn off the scroll?

And in the case of crt + s, if the last time I used to let you on / off, I turn on / off the next time you enter the game?

Grateful now.
Sorry for my bad English.

Zone

Just to note:
For some people, it causes the client to take up more resources, for others it doesn't.
For some it runs smoother, for some it lags more.

Ruri

Hans, It's possible to remap anything to anything, but customizable remapping would be slower than hardcoded ones like used now. If you want to learn how to write such things yourself i recommend studying C, Assembler, WinApi and DirectX.

ScrollLock is keyboard state, so it has no relation to what you do within RO, it was made this way to affect all running RO clients simultaneously. Ctrl+S is RO instance state that starts as 'off' when you start RO (you can easily see it's on by reduced in-game fps).

Zone, RoExt definitely can make RO use less resources or has no effect at all, but i never saw a situation when it makes RO lag more than clean client.

Hans

Thank you for your attention Ruri, you clarified all my doubts.

About examine ways of programming, I will leave for the future, it seems very complex.

Sorry for my bad English.

starfishy

Quote from: Kari on Jul 01, 2009, 05:18 AM
Suggestion:
Make the key remapping settings in parts.
In other words, seperate the F Key Part, the CTRL/ALT part, and the mouse parts.
I'd like to use some, but not all.

I support Kari's request!  First of all, thank you so much for creating ROExt, you have no idea how long I've been waiting something like the windowlock option to magically appear.  I'm extremely happy!  As for the key remapping, I like the idea of CTRL/ALT but the other parts give me the same problem that Zone mentioned earlier in the thread.  When I warp (using the warp npc, @warp, or @go) my skill bar randomly switches from 1, 2, or, 3 and of course f12 no longers fixes it.  I have to warp back and forth from town to dungeon until I get the right bar.  I then resorted to putting the same skills on all three bars to avoid it all together.  But that was before I knew it was ROext that was causing it (it came preinstalled with a previous server unbeknownst to me).  I could turn it off, but I will miss the CTRL/ALT option.  Is there a possible fix for this?  Thanks  :)

Quote from: Ruri on Oct 12, 2009, 02:57 PM
Hans, It's possible to remap anything to anything, but customizable remapping would be slower than hardcoded ones like used now. If you want to learn how to write such things yourself i recommend studying C, Assembler, WinApi and DirectX.

ScrollLock is keyboard state, so it has no relation to what you do within RO, it was made this way to affect all running RO clients simultaneously. Ctrl+S is RO instance state that starts as 'off' when you start RO (you can easily see it's on by reduced in-game fps).

Zone, RoExt definitely can make RO use less resources or has no effect at all, but i never saw a situation when it makes RO lag more than clean client.

Ruri, I believe the lag is cause by the mouse freedom(Not only ROExt, others mousefreedom too). That's what happen on 2 of my computers.

cinder

Hi greetings from Argentine, so I have this problem :
when i install the ro renewal, this roext doesn`t work anymore.
Can anybody help?, Thanks and forgive my english,see ya