ROExt - mouse freedom and some tweaks

Started by Ruri, Sep 18, 2008, 02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Broken Moon

This is amazing. Thank you for completely changing my RO experience.
However... it seems incompatible with the official Korean clients (at least Sakexe.exe and RagexeRE.exe). Having CodePage on crashes it before it even opens, WindowLock doesn't do anything and MouseFreedom is bugged, hugging the left side of the window. The other options probably don't work at all.
I don't think I have ever tried to use ROext with them, but I'm not sure.
Does it work the same way for other official clients?

Zone

There is a bug in it that causes the skill bar to flip between the three out of no where.
It's happened to me when I warp to a map, sometimes when I afk and alt+tab out.
This only happens when you disable the alt & ctrl switching function.

metalcrow

i know this is kind of random, seeing a user with only 1 post so far just to post here but....

I have to say that without a doubt, ROext is the best thing to ever happen to ragnarok online. I mean, this is the ONLY mousefreedom out there that is compatible with 64 bit vista, so i dont have to worry about getting an Error randomly while playing..

Now onto the important thinggg..

As of patch  5/18/09 this mousefreedom has become incompatible with all of my iRO clients :C. My mouse cursor just hugs the left side of the window and i cant do anything about it..

Please release an update to fix it to work with iro!! i beg you and so do all the 64 bit vista users (theres alot of us) :C

signature too big.

Ruri

Update:

1) Default window size and position can be set in ini.
2) Fixed crash with custom fonts and codepage override.
3) Fixed incompatibility with new official clients.

Wolfkstaag

Alright, so. I've been using ROExt for some time now. I was on Vista, and have since switched to Windows 7.

I don't know if this is Windows 7-only or if affects Vista users, too; most things that are broken on one are broken on the other, since Win7 is basically just a rethinking of Vista. However... I like to keep my taskbar on top, rather than on the bottom of my screen. This wasn't a problem until this newest update; it defaults to a positioning as if my taskbar remained on the bottom. I can quickly and easily fix this for all open windows by moving my taskbar and then moving it back; however, if I should need to open another client, I have to do this again, every time.

I tried using the window position settings, both in the ini and and with the command line option. Neither appears to have any affect.

Any thoughts?

Ruri

Update:

Fixed regression with positioning relative to taskbar.

Zelos

Sounds interesting, i'll check it out later.

metalcrow

THANK YOU SO MUCH THIS PROGRAM HELPS OUT SO MUCH YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!! XD

signature too big.

Wolfkstaag

You have no idea how cool it is to post a bug and have it fixed the next day.

Thank you!

arcticus

Thanks a lot  ;D

Only problem is alt+f4 doesnt work  :-[

SilverStream~

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Broken Moon

Now it's working with SakRE again!
Thanks.

Zelos

I forgot to try this, but i'll do it soon, I promise.

Muad_Dib

Any1 got a mirror ? The link does not work for me.

SilverStream~

Note on the alt+f4 thing, I read the post and if you use a shortcut for your ro on your desktop, then all you have to do to enable alt+f4 and the old buttons, is to right click the shortcut and put -nk in the target field, just put it one space behind the last thing in the target field.

Then use the shortcut to play, and alt+f4 works.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________