How do I remove the walls only in GRF i have videos pls help

Started by nyae3000, Sep 22, 2020, 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyae3000

Ara

The video you linked looks like it's fighting on one of the Cyr stairways, I believe it's just if you run Flatmapsmaker on GRFEditor and check the "Make the ground flat" thing.

Tried it and I think it looks around the same?

It's kinda wack to walk around like this though, unless you've got some way of telling you where dead cells are, since it removes models and everything.

Not sure about checkered flatmaps, hope someone else knows, would like to know too lol.

faker

I believe the checkered tiles were done manually with browedit. Most of the work is already done for you. Just search up dark.grf and you'll get the same grf that you have pictured.

If you want to personalize the colors, open dark.grf with grf editor. There'll be 2 folders you'll need files from.
data/texture/points
&
data/texture/woe
Extract these files into a folder of your choice and you can edit the green cells in these images to whichever colors you want. However, I highly recommend using some sort of macro to do these changes as you'll save yourself a lot of time. In photoshop these macros are called 'actions'. Essentially what you'll do is create an action that replaces one color, such as green, with another. Then you can apply that action to all the files in the folder you extracted.

Here's a quick 10 minute attempt at this method to show the results. Just remember that you'll also need the map files included in dark.grf if you want to merge these with a normal grf. The custom checkered tiles only exist in the WoE 2.0 castles afaik.

https://gyazo.com/996058f81aa6d6821de07ae1eb20fae9

nyae3000

Quote from: Ara on Sep 22, 2020, 07:47 PM
The video you linked looks like it's fighting on one of the Cyr stairways, I believe it's just if you run Flatmapsmaker on GRFEditor and check the "Make the ground flat" thing.

Tried it and I think it looks around the same?

It's kinda wack to walk around like this though, unless you've got some way of telling you where dead cells are, since it removes models and everything.

Not sure about checkered flatmaps, hope someone else knows, would like to know too lol.

Thank man! /no1 /no1 /no1

nyae3000

Quote from: faker on Sep 23, 2020, 02:30 AM
I believe the checkered tiles were done manually with browedit. Most of the work is already done for you. Just search up dark.grf and you'll get the same grf that you have pictured.

If you want to personalize the colors, open dark.grf with grf editor. There'll be 2 folders you'll need files from.
data/texture/points
&
data/texture/woe
Extract these files into a folder of your choice and you can edit the green cells in these images to whichever colors you want. However, I highly recommend using some sort of macro to do these changes as you'll save yourself a lot of time. In photoshop these macros are called 'actions'. Essentially what you'll do is create an action that replaces one color, such as green, with another. Then you can apply that action to all the files in the folder you extracted.

Here's a quick 10 minute attempt at this method to show the results. Just remember that you'll also need the map files included in dark.grf if you want to merge these with a normal grf. The custom checkered tiles only exist in the WoE 2.0 castles afaik.

Where can I get/download dark.grf?

Ara

The checkered woe maps feels like it's in a lot of custom GRFs, you can probably find it in a lot of public GRFs.

I went through one of my old GRFs and stripped out all of the non-map stuff if you wanna try with it. It was too big to attach to the post so I threw it on dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7rvorjk2ojpxq1/checkers.grf?dl=0

nyae3000

Quote from: Ara on Sep 23, 2020, 03:11 PM
The checkered woe maps feels like it's in a lot of custom GRFs, you can probably find it in a lot of public GRFs.

I went through one of my old GRFs and stripped out all of the non-map stuff if you wanna try with it. It was too big to attach to the post so I threw it on dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7rvorjk2ojpxq1/checkers.grf?dl=0

Nice  /no1 , Thank You for the effort to upload hehe  /heh

nyae3000

Quote from: faker on Sep 23, 2020, 02:30 AM

data/texture/points
&
data/texture/woe

Last one, can you teach mo how to make macro to change color? its really confusing and also I dont know how to use photoshop /sob /sob /sob