[SOLVED] Gatedit problem

Started by namerpus18, Dec 10, 2022, 11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

namerpus18

Hello everyone,

I have a custom Prontera map and I did a quite edit on gat as there is a model I deleted and make it walkable but It seems that gat working is on the original prontera gat. I am sure I saved the correct gat on "RO/data" and cursor tells that it should be walkable [see pic.1] but player is not moving and seems stuck on original gat of prontera. but i think the custom gat is read because of the cursor. I am new to map editing.

Thank you,

Ara

Heya,

The walkable cursor is based on your clientside GAT, but if it's actually walkable or not depends on the serverside GAT, from my experience at least.

But to actually walk on it, it'll prob need to be walkable on both client and serverside. Which one did you edit?

namerpus18

Quote from: Ara on Dec 11, 2022, 09:20 PM
Heya,

The walkable cursor is based on your clientside GAT, but if it's actually walkable or not depends on the serverside GAT, from my experience at least.

But to actually walk on it, it'll prob need to be walkable on both client and serverside. Which one did you edit?

Sorry I am noob into this, dunno which client or serverside is. But the one I edited is the main data.grf on my RO directory. The same ROmap files are on "RO/data" folder. I used GRF editor I opened data.grf the map I edited and saved it to "RO/data" folder then I added that directory to RO/data.grf dunno if my procedure is correct so I am seeking for help now I tried some tutorials but I think they are a little outdated because I am using newer client.

Oh yah. one more thing, if I change a part of map to non-walkable it is working fine (just to try it out) and put it back to walkable is fine.
Do you know that statue at the center of prontera? I think that part has an invisible collision or something maybe? Thats the part I am working on that I am having problem.

Thank you

Ara

Clientside is your grf. It's what players usually have access to. Serverside is what the RO server has.

Basically, a player can't just edit their files and expect to be able to walk in normally unwalkable zones. You have to change the tile both on the player's end and on the server's end.

From your post history, I'm assuming you're doing edits on a server you own? There should be some kind of server file that you'll also have to edit, is my best guess.

namerpus18

Quote from: Ara on Dec 13, 2022, 02:58 PM
Clientside is your grf. It's what players usually have access to. Serverside is what the RO server has.

Basically, a player can't just edit their files and expect to be able to walk in normally unwalkable zones. You have to change the tile both on the player's end and on the server's end.

From your post history, I'm assuming you're doing edits on a server you own? There should be some kind of server file that you'll also have to edit, is my best guess.

Yes it's an unreleased server, I am just confused that if I changed walkable tiles into non walkable in different parts it is working fine. It's just that area, because there is an original object there which I move a bit then I changed it to a walkable.  I suspect it's something like a collision happening from the object in that place is there a way I can check collisions or something? I see option collision in Browedit but if I click it nothing happens.

Thank you,