Flag tile sprites in WoE Castles

Started by nicahime, Aug 06, 2021, 02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicahime

Hello everyone. I'm trying to recreate an existing GRF of mine. I have figured out the rest except for changing the tiles for flags of 2nd Edition WoE Castles.

In the existing GRF, there is a woe folder under the texture folder. I am sure that this is where the flag tiles are found for the 2nd edition castles. Problem is, whenever I try to generate a map using GRF Editor, the flag tiles follow the default color that is set prior to map generation. these flag tiles which are usually represented by a color and a number such as 1-1, 2-1, etc. do not appear in my generated GRF. I assume that there is an extra step wherein I have to edit these flag tiles' cells but I have no idea. Does anybody know?

Attached is a screenshot of my current GRF with the woe folder. In this GRF, these flag tiles appear perfectly fine. I have no idea how these tiles are applied to the 2nd edition WoE castles.
See photo below for reference.
Spoiler
[close]

Ara

You need to use Browedit or some kind of map editor to put the custom tiles onto the WoE maps if you want to work with newly generated graymaps.

neethree

Quote from: Ara on Aug 06, 2021, 02:11 PM
You need to use Browedit or some kind of map editor to put the custom tiles onto the WoE maps if you want to work with newly generated graymaps.
What Ara said - assuming I'm understanding you correctly in that you want to edit the floor(grid) textures and not the actual flag model, basically you have to edit the map itself and tell it hey, instead of using this stone texture for this tile, use this other texture instead. Like placing floor tiles in the Sims, lol
If not do you have an ingame example of what you mean? (The effect you're trying to get)
Current Server(s):
None ;-;

BaphometRag

Hello Dont use Browedit use GRF Editor for it I recommend

Ara

/wah No I'm pretty sure you need BrowEdit, GRFEditor makes the flatmap but you have to add the flags using BrowEdit after the flatmap is generated.

BaphometRag