Chexie's RO Artworks & More <3

Started by Chexie, Mar 16, 2009, 01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A92FL0163

Awesome, I love how she seems like uncaring and raining fire and chaos, fit the Lhz Ghost theme
But, could I suggest some things? x3

Chexie

Quote from: Parameters on Apr 05, 2009, 07:40 PM
Awesome, I love how she seems like uncaring and raining fire and chaos, fit the Lhz Ghost theme
But, could I suggest some things? x3
thanks for the comments guy, will take it into mind

Thanks and sure go ahead :)

this was another version i made, slightly less bright XD *tired now*

pRO Valhalla | Chexie - Biochemist | Chexi - High Priest | Blog | RO Blog | Art Thread | DeviantArt

A92FL0163

Add a blue effect and those, uh, gases, flying around her, like lhz ghosts, along with the books having those burning effect but not having any part carbonized, uh, I think? Dunno.

Cynthia is mai waifu.

Chexie

Quote from: Parameters on Apr 06, 2009, 08:51 AM
Add a blue effect and those, uh, gases, flying around her, like lhz ghosts, along with the books having those burning effect but not having any part carbonized, uh, I think? Dunno.

Cynthia is mai waifu.

Well the "gasses" are the white aura around her, i didnt wanna make it solid like most artworks do, just to be on the original side XD

p.s. lol @ waifu XD

Commishie for Romina and her bfs char.! :D

pRO Valhalla | Chexie - Biochemist | Chexi - High Priest | Blog | RO Blog | Art Thread | DeviantArt

LemonCrosswalk

Very cute Chibi.

And I still think the blue textured background is too busy. It takes away from the artwork and makes it look cheaper than I know your work is.

caramel

I agree the background does look a little busy, I guess because its so distinctive. Overall I don't think it harms the quality of the picture too much, though.

'n ohemgee, super cute chibis! :D

Chexie

Quote from: LemonCrosswalk on Apr 06, 2009, 03:35 PM
Very cute Chibi.

And I still think the blue textured background is too busy. It takes away from the artwork and makes it look cheaper than I know your work is.

Hmmm well i seem to like it that way, i intended to make it look like an old dead looking biolab brick wall as it is ingame instead of using the boring brown bricks, since some parts of biolabs is blue-ish in hue :)

Quote from: caramel on Apr 06, 2009, 10:49 PM
I agree the background does look a little busy, I guess because its so distinctive. Overall I don't think it harms the quality of the picture too much, though.

'n ohemgee, super cute chibis! :D

and something new

Commish for Romina :D

and

Commish for Brenna plus her siggy

Another version as a loading screen to be used for her sig as she requested :)

Dt2k

This is really good. I like it =)

In the tomorrow without promises, I swear I'll definitely return to the place where you're standing. A drop of the planet's hope from ending land, the far side of the sky and the distant water surface become a secret offering. - Genesis " ff7

Edward

Cool. You can consider me as a fan.

Chexie

Shinn

cause after all the drama, I still slain em.

Need a site done? contact me.

A92FL0163

Chex, since you draw so much Chibis, isn't it a problem when you're swapping drawing styles and such? Since most of your drawings are chibi. Whenever I draw something too much with a style, I have problems trying to adapt a new one. (Like, I draw a cute kawaii etcetera dancer, then I try to draw a bloody assassin, it ends up the assassin with, uh, cute feeling. Either it face ends up something like °v° or something ò.ó)

SilverStream~

Parameters, a very good tip on that is to have the expression you are drawing, yourself.

If your drawing happy, you can't be or feel sad.  You smile when you're happy, so the drawing should smile.

If your drawing angry, you should make an angry face=)

It really works, and often it let's you come forth to draw the emotion almost prefectly(If you can draw).

This method works also for different drawing styles.  Don't just start drawing without thinking and visualizing what you want to draw.

Take a minute, focus and think "okay now I will draw this, and this.", keep the thought, try and shut all else out while drawing.

Doing this, by visualizing what you want to draw is useful for a number of things;

You will manage to draw what you are drawing much better.

In time, your mental recognizing and visualizing of images will become better, and clearer.  This helps for remembering.

Your focus will get better.  By focusing on something, and doing it many times learns your mind to block other things out much better then normal.
Many people find them irritated, or stressed when there are lot's of things going on around them, or when there's little.

Changing drawing styles is like looking into different books.  When you look at it, you shouldn't think about anything else.  You need to think about
all the things that are about what you're thinking about or looking at.  If wanting to draw chibi, after a long while of drawing "normal", then you
have to think; The chibi are small.  All body parts are simplified.  Heads are bigger.  Faces are overexaggerated and so on and so forth.

Hope this helps you =)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A92FL0163

Ooooh, I get, I will try that, most of the time I try to draw something with a expression, basing on other expressions (Example, I get a picture with someone surprised), it ends up totally messed up with some bits of QUALITY. Thanks for the tips, I think I should focus more on learning how to draw than how to make expressions. (/>3<)/

Chexie

Quote from: Parameters on Apr 17, 2009, 01:25 PM
Chex, since you draw so much Chibis, isn't it a problem when you're swapping drawing styles and such? Since most of your drawings are chibi. Whenever I draw something too much with a style, I have problems trying to adapt a new one. (Like, I draw a cute kawaii etcetera dancer, then I try to draw a bloody assassin, it ends up the assassin with, uh, cute feeling. Either it face ends up something like °v° or something ò.ó)

To be honest I NEVER had problems changing styles cause one day I would paint using watercolors at home then I'd do some pixel art at night then the next day I'd do some digital commissions. I guess its cause I really dont stick to one style. I find the more diverse you become the better it helps you as an artist. Drawing realistic portraits or paintings of people helped me do BGs and learn about proportion. Most people think I only draw anime however I don't. I just dont really post artworks like the ones I just posted here below:

Pixel Art

Digital Realism Paintings - I did this earlier for Wacom (Good vs Evil) - full version on my DA