Chexie's RO Artworks & More <3

Started by Chexie, Mar 16, 2009, 01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chexie

Chexie's RO Artworks

Welcome to my Art Page  /kis

NOTICE: DO NOT USE any of the artworks here FOR ANY PERSONAL / PUBLIC use without my permission.

Decided to share my RO art on yet another forum :D

Feel free to critique my work and visit my sites if you wish. Comments are always appreciated ^^

Websites

Featured Art

Chibis

Full Body

Older RO Works

Non-RO

pRO Valhalla | Chexie - Biochemist | Chexi - High Priest | Blog | RO Blog | Art Thread | DeviantArt

Pandora

I looooooove your artwork, I saw it on deviantart before, it's awesome! /lv

I used some of those in a loading screen last year, hope it's alright, tried contacting you but not sure if you got my msg.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Chexie

Quote from: Pandora on Mar 16, 2009, 01:41 PM
I looooooove your artwork, I saw it on deviantart before, it's awesome! /lv

I used some of those in a loading screen last year, hope it's alright, tried contacting you but not sure if you got my msg.

thanks. glad you liked my art. And actually i do mind. =/ My disclaimer clearly states that you need my permission before using it. -_- please ASK first before posting it. And which server did you use it on? I hope you at least credited me with a link to my website.

FYI - I find it rude when people randomly use my art without asking me. So please if i say no respect my decision. its my art anyways.

Sorry if my tone seems like im mad. its just that i get tired of ppl saying "OH OMG I LOVE YOUR ART! BTW I ENTERED IT IN A WALLPAPER CONTEST" or "i used this for my sig, did u get my email?" and they never did send an email or get my permission.

Sending a message / email DOES NOT MEAN you have permission. you actually gotta wait for me to say yes.  This is not a flame or anything. its just that i think anyone in my position would feel the same. hope you guys are nice enough to actually get my permission. i already had legal problems with people using my art for merchandise ><

But yeah im glad u like my stuff. next time though, please ask.

pRO Valhalla | Chexie - Biochemist | Chexi - High Priest | Blog | RO Blog | Art Thread | DeviantArt

Pandora

Sorry about it then. It was used for a loading screen in game (heRO) for about 2-3 weeks at most, last year, well wont happen again sorry ^_^; I did put credit however.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

=o absolutely adorable <3
^^ cutest thing i've seen in months~

A92FL0163

Hey Chexie, welcome to RMS Forums! Ugh, I find amazing the fact I've seen A LOT of people using those chibis all around RO PServers, Your work is hotlinked and spreaded around the internet, most people use them and don't even know there was a disclaimer about that, I've seen the HWizard one >9000 times, and nobody of them knew the source or the artist, since there is nothing on them to tell it, put a watermark on all of them like people do normally at DeviantART if you want people to ask for you permission, then send the one that isn't watermarked. If you want to take a more aggressive action, copyright them, I think that there are some sites who can do it for free, or I think there are.

Your links are broke, it's displaying 2 HTTPs, your Alchemist / Amistir art isn't hotlinking, some things I noticed.

Nice Colouring skills, but I think the hands on the on featured image is a bit too small in comparison with the rest of  the body, but since I never studied Anatomy or anything like that, it might just be my eyes.

Sorry if something is incoherent, I'm sleepy.

Descent

Compliments retracted due to artist's immature actions.

Chexie

Quote from: Pandora on Mar 16, 2009, 02:58 PM
Sorry about it then. It was used for a loading screen in game (heRO) for about 2-3 weeks at most, last year, well wont happen again sorry ^_^; I did put credit however.

Thats ok :) I'm glad you actually apologized unlike most ppl who just dont care. Thanks again :)

Quote from: Parameters on Mar 16, 2009, 05:29 PM
Hey Chexie, welcome to RMS Forums! Ugh, I find amazing the fact I've seen A LOT of people using those chibis all around RO PServers, Your work is hotlinked and spreaded around the internet, most people use them and don't even know there was a disclaimer about that, I've seen the HWizard one >9000 times, and nobody of them knew the source or the artist, since there is nothing on them to tell it, put a watermark on all of them like people do normally at DeviantART if you want people to ask for you permission, then send the one that isn't watermarked. If you want to take a more aggressive action, copyright them, I think that there are some sites who can do it for free, or I think there are.

Your links are broke, it's displaying 2 HTTPs, your Alchemist / Amistir art isn't hotlinking, some things I noticed.

Nice Colouring skills, but I think the hands on the on featured image is a bit too small in comparison with the rest of  the body, but since I never studied Anatomy or anything like that, it might just be my eyes.

Sorry if something is incoherent, I'm sleepy.

haha actually anime anatomy is diff from the normal human anatomy. yeah ill fix the links later, since im still fixing stuff atm.

Quote from: Descent on Mar 16, 2009, 06:34 PM
Go ahead and continue to delete my post if you want, I'll just say it once more:

This isn't RUNE. You can't police the Internet. If you don't want people to use your s*** without you knowing, be smart and watermark it.

Decent art to say the least.

actually i have, all my new artworks are watermarked. its just my first few ones that werent and are being used like crazy which is why im trying to stop that from happening. those were made a while back. and they are copyrighted, im just tired of having to deal with legal issues and just settle it myself since most ppl dont know any better.

Loki

I've seen lots of your arts through out the tubes.

Very nice work indeeeeeeeeeeeed!
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

LemonCrosswalk

I understand how you can be frustrated, and I honestly don't blame you for it in the least. Unfortunately stealing artwork is so so very common online. It's so common and thanks to the Fair Use clause. If you're going to post artwork on the internet (especially if it is as good and cute as yours) you need to be doing it under the assumption that it will be stolen by Jackass McGulicutty.

The best way to make sure that is to put invisible signatures on your piece in addition to hiding them WITHIN said drawing since many will just crop the image or erase the signature. You can also choose to post your images only on secure webpages, where there are a few tricks to stop most casual users from saving the image with just using a copy and paste.

It's very cute. Good work.

(also the code for the hyperlinks are done incorrectly.)

Chexie

Quote from: LemonCrosswalk on Mar 17, 2009, 02:09 PM
I understand how you can be frustrated, and I honestly don't blame you for it in the least. Unfortunately stealing artwork is so so very common online. It's so common and thanks to the Fair Use clause. If you're going to post artwork on the internet (especially if it is as good and cute as yours) you need to be doing it under the assumption that it will be stolen by Jackass McGulicutty.

The best way to make sure that is to put invisible signatures on your piece in addition to hiding them WITHIN said drawing since many will just crop the image or erase the signature. You can also choose to post your images only on secure webpages, where there are a few tricks to stop most casual users from saving the image with just using a copy and paste.

It's very cute. Good work.

(also the code for the hyperlinks are done incorrectly.)

crap didnt notice that >.< posted the codes from a thread i had in another site. fixing it now XD and thanks for letting me know :D

Descent

Compliments retracted due to artist's immature actions.

Chexie

Quote from: Descent on Mar 17, 2009, 08:02 PM
Quote from: Chexie on Mar 16, 2009, 07:59 PM
haha actually anime anatomy is diff from the normal human anatomy. yeah ill fix the links later, since im still fixing stuff atm.

Actually, she couldn't be any more right with that. Hands are always a pain to draw, and most "anime"-driven styles make it that much harder.

Her hands are quite well done when compared to other artists, who focus on facial/hair/bust features and don't pay much attention to the entire package.
FYI those were drawn with a mouse XD coz my tablet was busted then XD

Shinn

Quote from: Chexie on Mar 18, 2009, 12:43 AM

>_> I use my tablet as a mouse pad xDD I should put it to some use ..some..day  ::)

Shinn.

cause after all the drama, I still slain em.

Need a site done? contact me.

Chexie

Quote from: Shinn on Mar 18, 2009, 11:13 PM
Quote from: Chexie on Mar 18, 2009, 12:43 AM

>_> I use my tablet as a mouse pad xDD I should put it to some use ..some..day  ::)

Shinn.

i can work with both XD with or without same results XD