Glorious Jamadhar

Started by kaitosyn, Dec 26, 2011, 01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaitosyn

Increases physical attack against DemiHuman monster by 70%.
Increases critical attack against DemiHuman monster by 20%.
Indestructible (except in upgrade attempts).
[Refine Rate 6~10]
Adds a 5% chance critical damage to DemiHuman monster.
[Slaughter] Lv 1
[Refine Rate 9~10]
When dealing physical damage there's a chance that the weapon will awaken and grant max attack speed for 3 seconds.

but the script:
{ bonus2 bAddRace,RC_DemiHuman,70;[b] bonus2 bIgnoreDefRate,RC_DemiHuman,20[/b]; bonus bUnbreakableWeapon,0; if(getrefine() > 5) { bonus2 bAddRace,RC_DemiHuman,(getrefine()-4)*(getrefine()-4); bonus bCritAtkRate,5; } if(getrefine() > 8) autobonus "{ bonus bAspdRate,100; }",70,3000,BF_WEAPON,"{ specialeffect2 EF_POTION_BERSERK; }"; },{},{}

why the script say bonus2 bIgnoreDefRate,RC_DemiHuman,20 ?it is wrong, isn't it? then what should i change it into? bonus bCritAtkRate,RC_DemiHuman,20 ?

Triper

Usually the script is right and info wrong but in this one it seems that none is right[well, the info is somewhat right but can induce you to think other stuff like in this particular case].

After searching a bunch of officials I got this instead of that to be more precise with the info:

Increases critical attack damage by 20%.

so your bonus2 bIgnoreDefRate,RC_DemiHuman,20; should be instead bonus bCritAtkRate,20;

yC

I was just thinking maybe they used the ignoredefrate keyword as a replacement for the critatkrate, but I forgot if critical still ignore def or not in RO.

Triper

Pre-renewal - Crit ignores def
Renewal - Crit is 150% dmg like in, almost, every single korean mmo

kaitosyn

well, i did a test few days ago, slicing infiltrator+0 (50%demihuman+20%critdamage) vs glorious jamadhar +0 (70%demihuman+20%critdamage demihuman)...the result showed that slicing infiltrator win a few damage, if use with EDP, u can actually see the difference, about 300-400 damage....i tried to change the script into bonus bCritAtkRate,RC_DemiHuman,20 but it seems like no difference on it.... ???

Triper

That's weird, Glorious Jamadhar is expected to give more dmg due to the demi-human bonus being 20% higher o.O Both weapons have same attack and level so even if it would be in renewal mechanics it would be always Glorious Jamadhar > Infiltrator. Checking only crit dmg from normal hits or skills too? Even if it's not crit dmg Glorious is supposed to win too ._.

kaitosyn

finally got the solution, bonus bCritAtkRate,RC_DemiHuman,20....it should be bonus bCritAtkRate,20 without RC_DemiHuman, dont know why  ::) 

Relics

That's because Glorious Jamadhar's effect is actually increase crit rate 20% on all monsters. The information is wrong and outdated (official wise). It does 20% Crit to all monsters, which should also be the description

edit: triper already said it few posts up

Quote from: kaitosyn on Dec 28, 2011, 04:15 PM
well, i did a test few days ago, slicing infiltrator+0 (50%demihuman+20%critdamage) vs glorious jamadhar +0 (70%demihuman+20%critdamage demihuman)...the result showed that slicing infiltrator win a few damage, if use with EDP, u can actually see the difference, about 300-400 damage....i tried to change the script into bonus bCritAtkRate,RC_DemiHuman,20 but it seems like no difference on it.... ???

Don't take my word for this, but the only reason why slicing was able to do more damage is because: (1.5*1.2) = 1.8 > 1.7. This would ONLY be true ifbonus bCritAtkRate,RC_DemiHuman,20 portion of the script doesn't work for glorious.

Then yes the damage diff is about .1 in factors

Triper

Quote from: kaitosyn on Dec 29, 2011, 03:35 PM
finally got the solution, bonus bCritAtkRate,RC_DemiHuman,20....it should be bonus bCritAtkRate,20 without RC_DemiHuman, dont know why  ::)
>_> Sometimes I think "Why do I still post" and you would know why if you would read the item_bonus.txt with the eathena files
Quote from: Triper on Dec 27, 2011, 09:45 PM
Usually the script is right and info wrong but in this one it seems that none is right[well, the info is somewhat right but can induce you to think other stuff like in this particular case].

After searching a bunch of officials I got this instead of that to be more precise with the info:

Increases critical attack damage by 20%.

so your bonus2 bIgnoreDefRate,RC_DemiHuman,20; should be instead bonus bCritAtkRate,20;
Quote from: Relics on Dec 29, 2011, 08:05 PM
Don't take my word for this, but the only reason why slicing was able to do more damage is because: (1.5*1.2) = 1.8 > 1.7. This would ONLY be true ifbonus bCritAtkRate,RC_DemiHuman,20 portion of the script doesn't work for glorious.

Then yes the damage diff is about .1 in factors
>_> Totally forgot that, I was just thinking why the infil with a paper that works like the kvm jamadhar is giving more dmg since 1.5*1.2 < 1.7*1.2