[WOE GRF] Nerva.grf Public Release!

Started by chillxdd, Mar 13, 2020, 04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

invinciblerae

Hey bro chillxdd!

I've been using your grf for weeks now but I was just curious to ask if you are also aware on how to change the texture for the tilemaps(i.e. Changing the tile type/texture for the gutterlines/etc.)?  /no1

chillxdd

Quote from: invinciblerae on Apr 04, 2020, 04:41 AM
Hey bro chillxdd!

I've been using your grf for weeks now but I was just curious to ask if you are also aware on how to change the texture for the tilemaps(i.e. Changing the tile type/texture for the gutterlines/etc.)?  /no1

Hello! Are you looking to change the textures for the WOE castles or outside of WOE?

invinciblerae

Quote from: chillxdd on Apr 04, 2020, 05:30 AM
Hello! Are you looking to change the textures for the WOE castles or outside of WOE?

Outside woe :D trying to look for a certain image to show you lol.

chillxdd

Quote from: invinciblerae on Apr 04, 2020, 05:44 AM
Outside woe :D trying to look for a certain image to show you lol.

You can generate new tilemaps using GRF Editor, change the colors of the textures there and tick the box to show gutterlines.

Then you can still use the WOE maps that I made, they will automatically change color to the one that you choose in GRF editor. BUT gutterline is never shown in WOE in the map I made.

chillxdd

Hello again, sorry for the double post.

V3 is released today, just some minor changes to take note of:
- Added Neon Green Arrows for better visibility (AS, SS)
- Improved Blessing animation by reducing size and duration, and removing upward motion. Fade In still doesn't work, but fade out does for some reason (even if the .act has no fade out frames ._.)
- Added Mute and Chaos text status effects and this time, they don't look ugly. Also, I kept the emoticon bubble and just added the text below.
- Smokie Falcons!

As usual, download links are the same.

For a preview of the above changes, please check the Imgur link in the first post. Thanks all!

invinciblerae

Quote from: chillxdd on Apr 04, 2020, 06:29 AM
You can generate new tilemaps using GRF Editor, change the colors of the textures there and tick the box to show gutterlines.

Then you can still use the WOE maps that I made, they will automatically change color to the one that you choose in GRF editor. BUT gutterline is never shown in WOE in the map I made.

Heyya chillxdd!

Thanks for the quick tip about changing the colors of the tiles but what I was pertaining to was actually the texture. This was taken from a certain grf(Credits to the maker/owner) but I really don't want to use their grf and was just curious if I'll be able to edit/customize it as well :)

Here's a screenshot from the grf's gnd file.

chillxdd

Quote from: invinciblerae on Apr 04, 2020, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the quick tip about changing the colors of the tiles but what I was pertaining to was actually the texture. This was taken from a certain grf(Credits to the maker/owner) but I really don't want to use their grf and was just curious if I'll be able to edit/customize it as well :)

I see, that should be easy, I have not tried it yet, but I have an idea on how to do it.

I don't have much experience with it but judging from your picture, it can be that the maker generated flat maps using GRF Editor, but input his own custom textures which he made in advance.

It's just a matter of making sure you have different textures for walkable cells, snipe cells, dead cells and gutter lines.

Check the screenshot below, each cell type is shown in different colors, and the input texture folder (open this by clicking on change textures) is where you can change what texture will be used when you generate the flat maps using the tool.

You can reference the Cell Types tab to make sure you're putting the correct custom texture for each cell type :)

I think the file names are understandable, the confusing ones are the following:
c-1.bmp = Special 1? I think
c-2.bmp = Special 2
c-3.bmp = Special 3
cw.bmp = Wall?
cx.bmp = Reserved, not used anywhere.

Border has no special file, I think it's determined in each bmp :)

Also, I'm glad you like my GRF! I updated it today, make sure to check out the latest version :)

invinciblerae

Quote from: chillxdd on Apr 04, 2020, 07:52 AM
I see, that should be easy, I have not tried it yet, but I have an idea on how to do it.

I don't have much experience with it but judging from your picture, it can be that the maker generated flat maps using GRF Editor, but input his own custom textures which he made in advance.

It's just a matter of making sure you have different textures for walkable cells, snipe cells, dead cells and gutter lines.

Check the screenshot below, each cell type is shown in different colors, and the input texture folder (open this by clicking on change textures) is where you can change what texture will be used when you generate the flat maps using the tool.

You can reference the Cell Types tab to make sure you're putting the correct custom texture for each cell type :)

Also, I'm glad you like my GRF! I updated it today, make sure to check out the latest version :)

Ahh yes, that's what I was thinking as well. :)

Btw, great job with your updated grf version! Thanks bro! /ok

P.S.

Smokie Falcons FTW!  /heh /heh

iceburn

Is it possible to get the buff/debuff grf only?

chillxdd

Quote from: iceburn on Apr 08, 2020, 10:46 AM
Is it possible to get the buff/debuff grf only?

Hey buddy, I saw your message but I can't reply because I exceeded the 5 messages per hour limit.

Yes, just extract the .str files in the GRF for the buffs and debuffs that you like (also make sure to extract the custom image files that they use, in GRF editor, you can see what images a certain .str file uses, it says Extract resources and it will show you a checklist)

iceburn

chillxdd

Quote from: iceburn on Apr 09, 2020, 07:43 AM
Will try it! Thanks!

Here's what I mean :D

Extract the STR first, then click on Export button to extract all the files that the STR uses :)

Also, next update peek: https://imgur.com/a/7ZHIlBX

GolFz

Quote from: chillxdd on Apr 04, 2020, 05:30 AM

HOUSTON I HAVE PROBLEM ! KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I can't explain it but one day I logged in and the GRF "stopped working" Lord of Vermilion and Meteor Storm are normal only the Storm gust is in effect with their GRF

chillxdd

Quote from: GolFz on Apr 09, 2020, 04:37 PM
HOUSTON I HAVE PROBLEM ! KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I can't explain it but one day I logged in and the GRF "stopped working" Lord of Vermilion and Meteor Storm are normal only the Storm gust is in effect with their GRF

Hmmm.. maybe your server had a patch that affected those files, try to merge the GRF again~

EDIT:

I didn't wanna double post, so here are today's updates:
- Simplified Soul Link (GG, idea came from kawaii-rage)
- Simplified Bolt Skills (reduced opacity, minimized effect for lightning bolt)
- Transparent Ice Wall (new texture, side effect of minimizing cold bolt)
- Showing Taekwon love! Warm Wind now displays the element on the effect and on the buff icon under the minimap.

As usual, same download links. Thanks!

lushisop

Showing what element the enemy is using is awesome. Thanks for the hard work! Also do you think that's also possible with elemental converter items/cursed water?