Running as admin with UAC disabled...

Started by iro_ori, Feb 11, 2015, 02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iro_ori

I'm having an issue on my laptop where I can't change the resolution of my game. I change it, but it stays the same. But, when I run as admin, it changes and also my settings change. It's weird. It's like it loads 2 different settings for when I run as admin and when I don't. Different settings = different hotkey saves, grf's, res, etc.

And I have UAC disabled.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Triper

What you probably have is that without administrator permission, windows doesn't let the game make changes related to its files.

Rider

Maybe you are running the game from a protected drive?

Usually it is best to avoid running the game as Admin but sadly it's the only easy solution because it is difficult to identify and fix the exact cause of the problem in most cases. You could try trouble shooting by changing compatibility mode, installing it in a different drive, add exception to the firewall & anti-virus, making sure you have all the required drives and softwares installed and if nothing helps you could add the game to the DEP.

Tokeiburu

Is your game installed outside of a system directory? You should be running it in a folder like C:\Games\RO, not in C:\Program Files\...

These folders require admin privileges, otherwise the game resets to default settings.

iro_ori

Quote from: Tokeiburu on Feb 12, 2015, 01:13 AM
Is your game installed outside of a system directory? You should be running it in a folder like C:\Games\RO, not in C:\Program Files\...

These folders require admin privileges, otherwise the game resets to default settings.

it was in downloads

i moved it to your suggestion but still same thing. i guess ill try reinstalling there.

lokiro

Hello, this is a very popular issue.
Here's one way to solve it.